Thread: Yahoo News : Future suddenly bright for Bears' Smith (Yahoo!

Default Yahoo News : Future suddenly bright for Bears' Smith (Yahoo!

Seemingly a hot-seat candidate to start the season, Lovie Smith may soon earn himself a contract extension.

More...

I actually found many of these reads interesting, for instance these the following......

Winners
    • Dwayne Bowe
    The Kansas City Chiefs wideout is looking unstoppable of late. And after Sunday’s 170-yard, three-touchdown effort in the win over the Seahawks, you could argue he has taken his place (at least for one season) right next to guys like Andre Johnson, Roddy White and Calvin Johnson. Fourteen touchdowns in 11 games? Is there any wideout in the league who wouldn’t want to play for Chiefs coach Todd Haley right now? All he does is turn guys into Pro Bowlers.
    • Sam Bradford
    With three touchdown passes in a road win over the Broncos, the St. Louis Rams quarterback has 11 touchdowns against only one interception in his last six games – not to mention a 3-3 record with an undermanned team surrounding him. There have been several very good quarterbacks to come out of the NFL draft in the last few years: Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco(, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Matt Stafford, etc. I really like all of those guys. But the more I watch Bradford, the more I get the feeling that he might ultimately be better than all of them. There is something frighteningly good about the package of leadership, arm, awareness and intangibles that Bradford possesses. What he’s doing right now with second- and third-tier wideouts (arguably third- and fourth-tier wideouts) is amazing.
    Losers
    • Josh McDaniels
    It’s amazing how many embarrassing issues have occurred for the Denver Broncos regime in such a short time. The Jay Cutler/Brandon Marshall soap operas … the collapse in 2009 … the Peyton Hillis trade … this season’s crash and burn … the souring fan base. But nothing compares to McDaniels’ deception about the walkthrough taping scandal in London. No matter how he wants to paint it (or whether you even believe his framing of the events), it’s a significant black eye for the franchise. Maybe he’s lucky owner Pat Bowlen is still paying Mike Shanahan next season, too, and likely won’t want to add a third head coach salary. Otherwise, Bowlen has to be wondering if all the hassle with zero return is worth it.
    • Rusty Smith