Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A general observation of our W/L record.

Default A general observation of our W/L record.

The Chiefs seemingly inconsistent play may have us Chiefs fans wanting to know which team will show up from week to week until you take a close look at their road record vs. their home record. The Chiefs are 1-4 on the road and a perfect 5-0 (Which I'm ecstatic about!) at home. A reasonable conclusion maybe that they are who they have always been this season: a team in need of the 12th man.

To say that the Denver game was an embarrassment is a complete understatement or to say that we did not get off the bus would suggest that we actually boarded it in the first place. Until the Denver game I was beginning to think that we played to the level of our competition, however, that was clearly not the case in Denver. The Raiders game was like seeing a mirror image of ourselves; the fact that it was at Oakland gave the slight advantage to the Raiders and the result was a three point Raider win IMO. We had good showings at Huston and Indianapolis but those were games we were supposed to lose hence it was unclear at that point whether we were in any desperate need of the home crowd to win.

The season's not over and there's time to disprove this theory, but we could, possibly, be undefeated if we could play all our games at home.

You provide a good analysis and even stats to back it up, but like some on this forum I'm just going to say you're wrong. Why? Because I said so.

I think Chiefster has nailed it on the head here.

Every week we have a road game I am a little nervous of the outcome. We barely won on the raod against Cleveland who are not a very good team in their own right.

We have a real test coming up in Seattle this weekend. Seattle really wants to win this game in hopes of proving they are a team who should be leading their division. That stadium also has it's own twelth man.

Haley put it in perspective. He says that good teams are teams that find ways to win on the road. I believe he said that is why he does not think the Chiefs are a good team yet.

Will be an interesting test.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't think we are that bad of a road team Outside the denver game if you want to call it a game every other game is a woulda coulda shoulda. We are a team that can play on the road we just have to learn to WIN on the road and not make the mistakes that coast you ball games.

An excellent analysis IMHO.

Back during those exciting first 3 weeks, I felt the Chiefs were playing "better than they were". And I think the 12th man made a big difference.

We've got a lot of young players and I think they are playing far better than any of us really expected.

But I don't think they have the experience to overcome early setbacks if they are playing on the road (especially the offense).

IMO whether we take the division or not will ultimately depend on our ability to get a lead in the first half and then never go down by more than 7 points....especially if we are on the road.

That said, I think the divsion is ours for the taking and that we will take it in a walk next year!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

up until the herm edwards era we have always been tuf to beat at home. normally most tedams will have one game a season where the get trounced by an underdog defying all pundits and football logic. hopefully denver was ours. the rader game was just a typical CHIEFS/raders fight to the finish. the colts & texans were winnable games that we will win next time. remember we are playing much better than expected and are still on track to win our division with 10 wins. nothin wrong w/that!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    up until the herm edwards era we have always been tuf to beat at home. normally most tedams will have one game a season where the get trounced by an underdog defying all pundits and football logic. hopefully denver was ours. the rader game was just a typical CHIEFS/raders fight to the finish. the colts & texans were winnable games that we will win next time. remember we are playing much better than expected and are still on track to win our division with 10 wins. nothin wrong w/that!!
    Nothing wrong with that at all!

But we are having a tough time on the road if we don't jump ahead early. Its a sign of a young team.

If our offense can step it up just a bit, I think we cruise to an AFC West win and maybe even get through the first round of the playoffs....(though it will probably be on the road).....

That said, I think '11 or more likely '12 is when we'll all be trying to figure out how to get SB tickets!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

To make the play offs, you have to win the games at home, and steal a few on the road. We stole one already, and gave two away.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Nothing wrong with that at all!

But we are having a tough time on the road if we don't jump ahead early. Its a sign of a young team.

If our offense can step it up just a bit, I think we cruise to an AFC West win and maybe even get through the first round of the playoffs....(though it will probably be on the road).....

That said, I think '11 or more likely '12 is when we'll all be trying to figure out how to get SB tickets!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

3 of the 4 road losses were predicted[not by CHIEFS fans] by the pundits, yet we came within one play in each game of upsetting them. that is still pretty good for a team that was 10-38 over the last 3 seasons. i personally am thrilled with the turnaround and only sense better things to come. as long as we take care of buisness ie.....seattle, oak, den, tenn, st.lthen we'll have lots to cheer about

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    3 of the 4 road losses were predicted[not by CHIEFS fans] by the pundits, yet we came within one play in each game of upsetting them. that is still pretty good for a team that was 10-38 over the last 3 seasons. i personally am thrilled with the turnaround and only sense better things to come. as long as we take care of buisness ie.....seattle, oak, den, tenn, st.lthen we'll have lots to cheer about
    Im THRILLED too!!!!

Honestly though....if our team had one more year experience together, I'm confident we would be 8-2 or 9-1.

Our team needs to "grow up" quickly. IMO "dynasties" are mostly a thing of the past.

Our SB is in the next 4 years.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast