Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on players.

Default Update on players.

Kansas City cornerback Brandon Flowers was limited Thursday with a hamstring injury that kept him out of Sunday’s game at Seattle. For Flowers to play Sunday against Denver, he’ll likely have to practice fully. Kansas City rookie receiver/returner/running back Dexter McCluster is expected to play Sunday after missing five games with an ankle injury. Kansas City has scored 102 points in the past three games. Denver cornerback Champ Bailey said the Chiefs’ offense will be even more dangerous with the return of McCluster. “It just opens up their offense a little more,” Bailey said. “They can do a lot more tricks, a lot more misdirection things. (Dwayne) Bowe is going to get his one-on-ones, and I am sure that is what they are looking forward to.”

I am praying that Flowers plays, but it seems that he is not. Atleast, Dexter is coming back, that is great news. I really think the defense needs to stiffen up and we need to presser Kyle and cover the wide outs. I hope flowers starts Sunday.

under pressure Orton is panic city. if we get to him i think we win this one. if not he'll pick us clean like a chicken's neck
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Flowers being out really really bothers me this week. The Broncos torched us in the passing game with him in. I know our corners did good last week without him, and I know it is a home game, but this really scares me.
    Lewis and McGraw are nursing injuries as well.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I know that our team will be more awake for this bout with Denver, and it is also good to have MCcluster back for sure, but we need our secondary at as close to full strength as possible. Hopefully Flowers is ready, and hopefully McGraw and Lewis are there too!

Flowers was at practice, but did not partisipate in drills. So he will most likely not play Sunday. Lewis, Bates were mostly watching, so I doubt they will play much, if at all. Lilja was back with the 1st unit.

Looks like Bates is out. Flowers is questionable. Kendrick Lewis, Lilja, and Jon McGraw are all probably.

I really hope we win this week, but for our season the San Diego game is much more crucial. If there's a decent chance that Flowers could re-injure himself, I'd rather sit him out this week so that he can be healthier for the Chargers game.

One thing is for sure, it's gonna be nice to have the Dex factor back. I'm glad he's coming back this week, so that he has a game to get back into playing mode and back to be acclimated to the speed of the game in time for San Diego. We shouldn't overlook Denver, but to me it could be San Diego or bust.

As of today...
    Jackie BatesCBKneeDid Not Participate In PracticeOutBrandon FlowersCBHamstringLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionableRyan LiljaGFootFull Participation in PracticeProbableJon McGrawSHeadFull Participation in PracticeProbableKendrick LewisSAnkleLimited Participation in PracticeProbable

Where the chiefs are really hurting, this is not good news. the secondary has been beating up and that is not good news when they are playing a pass friendly offense that torched the secondary on the first game. Lets see what happens, but the defense better have a good game plan leading to this game.

Denver already ruled four players out for Sunday
    OUT: S Brian Dawkins (knee); CB Andre Goodman (hip); WR Demaryius Thomas (ankle); S Darcel McBath (quadriceps)
    should be interested

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I really hope we win this week, but for our season the San Diego game is much more crucial. If there's a decent chance that Flowers could re-injure himself, I'd rather sit him out this week so that he can be healthier for the Chargers game.

We shouldn't overlook Denver, but to me it could be San Diego or bust.
    I agree SD is crucial, and that Flowers should rest since McGraw and Lewis are back, but all division games are really important. The only way we could breathe a little is if Oakland should beat the Bolts, are you willing to hang your hat on that one? It's crunch time. I'm wanting to see what this team is really made of down the stretch. And I always bet on red!(bad donkey!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast