Thread: veggies and cheese and wine....oh my

Default veggies and cheese and wine....oh my

So last week, much to my surprise, my wife sat with me and watched a football game. We cheered our beloved Chiefs onto victory while dining on chicken wings and nachos and of course, a few beers.
    Saturday morning she asked if the Chiefs were playing this weekend, if they were on TV and if I would be watching.
    I told her yes they were playing, yes , we pay extra money to the cable company for them to be on TV, and of course I’d be watching.
    Well she says, last week was really exciting, can I watch with you again? And just in case I was thinking of saying no (which I’d never do) she throws in, I’ll even run out and buy the munchies and stuff. What a bargain!!!!
    So, I make her a list to go to the various stores with, and off she goes. She had nothing on the list, saying that she wanted healthier snacks to watch the game with.
    Instead of chicken wings, she bought celery and carrots, instead of a frozen pizza, she bought three different kinds of cheese, instead of beer, she bought a bottle of wine.
    Not wanting to hurt her feelings, I told her it all looks great, and I’d be quite content to eat and drink what she brought.
    But alas…she just went to the gym, and forgot her bank card, I’m off to get proper food. And as for my wife, I’m pretty sure she has some Christmas shopping to do next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by brantcanchiefsfan View Post
    So last week, much to my surprise, my wife sat with me and watched a football game. We cheered our beloved Chiefs onto victory while dining on chicken wings and nachos and of course, a few beers.
    Saturday morning she asked if the Chiefs were playing this weekend, if they were on TV and if I would be watching.
    I told her yes they were playing, yes , we pay extra money to the cable company for them to be on TV, and of course I’d be watching.
    Well she says, last week was really exciting, can I watch with you again? And just in case I was thinking of saying no (which I’d never do) she throws in, I’ll even run out and buy the munchies and stuff. What a bargain!!!!
    So, I make her a list to go to the various stores with, and off she goes. She had nothing on the list, saying that she wanted healthier snacks to watch the game with.
    Instead of chicken wings, she bought celery and carrots, instead of a frozen pizza, she bought three different kinds of cheese, instead of beer, she bought a bottle of wine.
    Not wanting to hurt her feelings, I told her it all looks great, and I’d be quite content to eat and drink what she brought.
    But alas…she just went to the gym, and forgot her bank card, I’m off to get proper food. And as for my wife, I’m pretty sure she has some Christmas shopping to do next Sunday.
    I'm sorry...but that is a funny story!!

NOT the case at my house! My husband will tell you, that I'm a bigger football fan than he ever dreamed of being.

Where was the first place we I took him on a 'weekend' getaway when we were dating... Arrowhead in December playing the Broncos in 2004...and YES it was COLD...I believe the wind chill was around -4deg.....Chiefs won and my husband was soo impressed by our fans...he was being 'reeled in' by the excitement of the stadium and our fans.

Fast forward 1 year later. Where did I tell him I wanted to go for our Honeymoon...why yes...back to Arrowhead. This time it was a Redskins game...and we won. Hearing our fans chanting..."REDSKINS SUCK, REDSKINS SUCK" after the game...reeled him in a little bit more.

Now every year...we try to get to KC for our anniversary.
    This year it was the Monday Night game. Which...(sorry honey)...was the best night of my entire life!!! My husband is now OFFICIALLY on the hook! He loves our Chiefs...almost as much as I do.

Today at my house..it's chilli...beer...and a whole lot of yelling.....
    ***GO CHIEFS***
    **ChiefsChick**

Brenda and I were talking about that same Bronco's game in December earlier on Facebook! You didn't tell me it was your first weekend get away with Glen though, hahaha. That's awesome!!

In brantcanchiefsfan's wife's defense...I think it's great she's showing & taking an interest! If he can bring her to Arrowhead for a get away...she might get hooked on the tailgating food too, forego the healthier food at home watching games. With becoming a new fan of football, she probably doesn't understand yet that game day is traditionally a day of foregoing 'health' in all aspects. Healthy food is counter productive on game day, considering elevated blood pressure, stress levels, and so on, hahahahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Well, just as an update, my wife is definitely catching the fever. I'm pretty sure I recall her swearing at the TV screen. (I have no clue where she picked up that behaviour). She started out eating her healthy snacks, until I brought my snacks out. However, yesterdays game was the first she's watched at Arrowhead, and mentioned that we should try to go there for a game next season. I can hardly wait...I've never been either.
    Last edited by brantcanchiefsfan; 12-06-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Well, just as an update, my wife is definitely catching the fever. I'm pretty sure I recall her swearing at the TV screen. (I have no clue where she picked up that behaviour). She started out eating her healthy snacks, until I brought my snacks out. However, yesterdays game was the first she's watched at Arrowhead, and mentioned that we should try to go there for a game next season. I can hardly wait...I've never been either.
    Well....maybe you would be able to go when we try and do the Cheifs Crowd Tailgate next year!
    We had a good group from all over the globe that attended the Monday Night game this season.
    We are going to try and make it an annual event.
    Hopefully we'll all be able to meet you and your wife!
    I PROMISE...she will be addicted then!!
    **ChiefsChick**

That sounds to me like it'd be a great first Arrowhead expierience for both of us. As for the tailgating, we'd be willing to chip in some money for some food, we will definitely bring our own booze.

That sounds to me like it'd be a great first Arrowhead expierience for both of us. As for the tailgating, we'd be willing to chip in some money for some food, we will definitely bring our own booze.
    You fit in perfect already!!
    **ChiefsChick**

thats good to here...fitting in is always good...and Ive told my bride...no healthy food allowed lmao

Chilli~Hot Wings~Pizza~Queso~Pulled Pork~Brisket~and of course BEER, BEER AND MORE BEER!!!
    **ChiefsChick**

It's all in moderation as to how healthy the tailgating food is, hahahahaha!

I wish I had one of Seek's pulled pork sandwiches right now!!! YUMMY!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~