Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Faiders / Sparklers game discussion

Default Faiders / Sparklers game discussion

lets root for the Faiders...SD fumbles punt and raiders on 10

It's lonely at the top GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLadyGaga View Post
    I love how we all have a huuge sense of relief! Beating the Donks was nice..but it wasnt quite what we imagined. Frustrating to say the least, but the Raiders beating SD in SD makes us forget about the pretty unspirited performance by KC earlier. All we can focus on now is keeping this 2 GAME division lead.

I think both KC and SD looked past their division rivals this week and were looking ahead at their big clash next week. I feel if our defense plays like it did today, and can pressure Rivers at least a little bit we can keep it close and let our run game control the clock and pull out a win there. But it is nice to know even if we lose, we'll still be in first place!
    I don't take the same thing away from our game against Denver today.

Unspirited? Ugly?

I don't see it that way.

I see a Chiefs team that came out and destroyed a passing offense that was among the best in The NFL.

I mean, we had Kyle Orton completing just 33.3% of his passes today.

Brandon Lloyd had two catches. TWO!... For a mere 31 yards.

The offense may have been ugly, at times. But the team, on the whole, was not ugly today.

We made The Broncos abandon their offensive gameplan, and kept them out of the endzone all day.

To me.....

... That is absolutely beautiful!

If we dont get big pressure very often on rivers we will lose.. he will be ready for a huge bounce back..hopefully sproles is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Unspirited? Ugly?

I don't see it that way.

I see a Chiefs team that came out and destroyed a passing offense that was among the best in The NFL.

The offense may have been ugly, at times. But the team, on the whole, was not ugly today.

We made The Broncos abandon their offensive gameplan, and kept them out of the endzone all day.

To me.....

Love the optimism. But Denver with Moreno is one of the worst running teams in the league and they carved us up all day for huge chunk of yards. I dont know why they didnt run it more considering the success they were having, and our pass defense while better than it has been can give alot of the credit to the horrible performance by Orton who consistently bounced passes and threw into the only guy double covered numerous times even without pressure. And we also dropped like 6 interceptions that we should've had.

Also our offense was trying its hardest to self destruct. Huge plays and touchdowns called back due to dumb penalties, we had a turnover, a pathetic attempt at a 4th down conversion where we got sacked for like a 20 yards loss near their goal line. We got shut out in the second half and mostly went 3 n out. We got lucky that as bad as we played Denver played worse.

I understand that its good to see things in a positive light and I'll take a win any way we can get it. But to say that KC performed well in that game is just not right. KC themselves will tell you that. Denver is bad...very BAD. And we had to benefit from a horrible call by the officials late to seal it. Pleased with the results not pleased with the execution.

Im sure even the most optimist of optimists will agree that if KC plays like they did today from here on out, then its gonna be tough for us to fend off even a 2 game lead.

BOttom Line: Chiefs are 8-4, on top of the division by a somewhat comfortable lead, and on the right path to get into the playoffs and host a playoff game!

our O sucked. but I knew if the D stepped up we win. D's win games. and ours kept them out of the EZ.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    our O sucked. but I knew if the D stepped up we win. D's win games. and ours kept them out of the EZ.
    They had over 350 offensive yards. And had almost 100 yards taken away by penalties. To say the O sucked makes no sense. Stupid penalties is what hurt the Chiefs in the game.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Unspirited? Ugly?

I don't see it that way.

To me.....

Agree completely. Had we not shot ourselves in the foot on the called back TD and McCluster run, the dynamic of this game would have completely changed. The DB's played tight today!

Love the optimism. But Denver with Moreno is one of the worst running teams in the league and they carved us up all day for huge chunk of yards.
    How many points did that translate to?

I dont know why they didnt run it more considering the success they were having, and our pass defense while better than it has been can give alot of the credit to the horrible performance by Orton who consistently bounced passes and threw into the only guy double covered numerous times even without pressure.
    No chance that pressure and coverages were to blame?

Darn it.

And we also dropped like 6 interceptions that we should've had.

Also our offense was trying its hardest to self destruct. Huge plays and touchdowns called back due to dumb penalties, we had a turnover, a pathetic attempt at a 4th down conversion where we got sacked for like a 20 yards loss near their goal line. We got shut out in the second half and mostly went 3 n out. We got lucky that as bad as we played Denver played worse.

I understand that its good to see things in a positive light and I'll take a win any way we can get it. But to say that KC performed well in that game is just not right.
    No. You are wrong.

We entered the game with a specific gameplan, and executed that gameplan very well.

If you take away just a couple of mistakes, we win this game by three scores.

But we played so well that we won, eventhough we made those mistakes.

KC themselves will tell you that. Denver is bad...very BAD. And we had to benefit from a horrible call by the officials late to seal it. Pleased with the results not pleased with the execution.

Im sure even the most optimist of optimists will agree that if KC plays like they did today from here on out, then its gonna be tough for us to fend off even a 2 game lead.

BOttom Line: Chiefs are 8-4, on top of the division by a somewhat comfortable lead, and on the right path to get into the playoffs and host a playoff game!
    I'll disagree. And I am no optimist.

If we hold all opponents to 6 points, or fewer, I don't think we will have alot of problems winning the Super Bowl.

Not everything is about the offense putting up huge numbers.

Yep. There were costly mistakes made.

But this week, instead of counting on the offense to make up for defensive miscues, we had our defense making up for offensive miscues.

As if, somehow, winning 38-35 is pretty, because the defense sucked.

Perhaps you could go inform The Pittsburgh Steelers how ugly it is to win by playing great defense, and not scoring 40 points.

They are only the Super Bowl winningest team in The NFL.

Maybe defensive domination is ugly to some. But certainly not to me.

I know that I come off as being pretty "smart-a**ed". And that really isn't the intent.

But I have no doubt that a TD in the final seconds, to win 42-41 would not be called an ugly win. While a defense never allows a TD, even in the final, desperate, minutes, is called ugly.

This was a great game, where we won by absolutely destroying the one thing that our opponent excels at.

Would it not be impressive to beat The Steelers by running for 200 yards? Or The Jets, by torching Revis, over and over?

How many points did that translate to?

No chance that pressure and coverages were to blame?

Darn it.

No. You are wrong.

We entered the game with a specific gameplan, and executed that gameplan very well.

If you take away just a couple of mistakes, we win this game by three scores.

But we played so well that we won, eventhough we made those mistakes.

I'll disagree. And I am no optimist.

If we hold all opponents to 6 points, or fewer, I don't think we will have alot of problems winning the Super Bowl.

Not everything is about the offense putting up huge numbers.

Yep. There were costly mistakes made.

But this week, instead of counting on the offense to make up for defensive miscues, we had our defense making up for offensive miscues.

As if, somehow, winning 38-35 is pretty, because the defense sucked.

Perhaps you could go inform The Pittsburgh Steelers how ugly it is to win by playing great defense, and not scoring 40 points.

They are only the Super Bowl winningest team in The NFL.

Maybe defensive domination is ugly to some. But certainly not to me.

I know that I come off as being pretty "smart-a**ed". And that really isn't the intent.

But I have no doubt that a TD in the final seconds, to win 42-41 would not be called an ugly win. While a defense never allows a TD, even in the final, desperate, minutes, is called ugly.

This was a great game, where we won by absolutely destroying the one thing that our opponent excels at.

Would it not be impressive to beat The Steelers by running for 200 yards? Or The Jets, by torching Revis, over and over?

The defense won this game! JC still got a over 100 yrds in rushing, I will take it, and loved it. It is a W!

Chief31 it wasnt an "ugly" win because it was low scoring. In fact I never used the word "ugly". But it was a game at Arrowhead against a team that embarrassed us a few weeks prior. Calling the Broncos a prolific passing team is also incorrect. Orton throws for a lot of yards but most of them come in garbage time or when they are way ahead or way behind. But when games are close his quarterback rating is in the low 60's.

I agree that the D stepped up HUGE today and kept a terrible Bronco team out of the endzone. But against better teams thats just not gonna fly, allowing better teams to rush for 7 yards/carry is suicide.

But what is so "beautiful" about stupid penalties, fumbles, sideline tantrums by Richardson when hes been getting called for false starts on a constant basis? If thats playing well then you havent been watching the Chiefs this season very carefully.

The Chiefs are at their best, NOT when they are putting up huge offensive numbers. But they are at their best when they are running the ball, grinding out drives, keeping possession of the ball, limiting mistakes and taking care of the football. Does that sound like the game they played today? Nope. They had six possessions where they went 3 and out. one possession where they fumbled, and one where they turned it over on downs deep in Den territory. Like I said thats not the type of football you want to be playing at this time of year, we were lucky to be playing a 3-9 team.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast