Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we be concerned about Dwayne Bowe

Default Should we be concerned about Dwayne Bowe

Source: ESPN.com
    Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe was held scoreless in Sunday's odd win over the Denver Broncos, not just from a touchdown perspective (he had scored a touchdown in seven straight games) but from a fantasy perspective, too. Bowe didn't record a single catch, which has to befuddle his fantasy owners. So should we call this a harbinger of doom for fantasy's top wide receiver or just one of those strange days?

I watched some of that Chiefs-Broncos game, and I'll be honest, with the way the Chiefs were controlling the line of scrimmage with their terrific two-man running attack I wasn't surprised quarterback Matt Cassel, who we also liked for Week 13, didn't look Bowe's way much. Cassel didn't have an awful game statistically, finishing with 11 standard fantasy points, but his leading receivers were running back Thomas Jones and tight end Tony Moeaki, who combined for 12 of Cassel's 31 targets and 108 of his 196 passing yards. Bowe saw only three targets, but I doubt the Chiefs care, since they won.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-06-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Actually there was one play that had me befuddled. Cassel was clearly going long and in Bowe's vacinity, but Bowe was no where to be found.

Somewhere there was some confusion on that play and we have seen that kind of thing before. The body language of both Cassel and Bowe suggested it was a miscue on Bowe's part yet again.

I just wonder sometimes if the guy is all that smart, or if he has a memory issue.
    D-Bowe was an honor roll student at LSU I'm sure he's not a stupid person. Why all the blame on Bowe maybe it was Cassel's fault, or maybe Cassel was just throwing ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    D-Bowe was an honor roll student at LSU I'm sure he's not a stupid person. Why all the blame on Bowe maybe it was Cassel's fault, or maybe Cassel was just throwing ball away.
    I would like to apologize to the Clark family. Makes me question the lsu honor roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Actually there was one play that had me befuddled. Cassel was clearly going long and in Bowe's vacinity, but Bowe was no where to be found.

Somewhere there was some confusion on that play and we have seen that kind of thing before. The body language of both Cassel and Bowe suggested it was a miscue on Bowe's part yet again.

I just wonder sometimes if the guy is all that smart, or if he has a memory issue.
    The pass that you were talking about Matt Cassel was just throwing it away because Bailey was all over Bowe. So he Threw it down the field where nobody was going to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I would like to apologize to the Clark family. Makes me question the lsu honor roll.
    Are you a college grad?

Are you a college grad?
    Really dude? He's making fun of Bowe when Bowe apologized about veterans bringing girls into town early in the season. Bowe said he'd like to apologize to the Clark family instead of the Hunt family. Maybe you have some memory issues??

Are you a college grad?
    I was just making a joke. I like bowe. Obviously he did not take speech to earn that honor roll. He should avoid interviews and work on not dropping the ball. I could care less for anything else he does off the field.

Yes, I did pay for a diploma.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Really dude? He's making fun of Bowe when Bowe apologized about veterans bringing girls into town early in the season. Bowe said he'd like to apologize to the Clark family instead of the Hunt family. Maybe you have some memory issues??

No I just don't like how it's cool now to S on people for no reason. "Hey he's a rich athlete, who care if I S on him right?" Why is it cool to dump on someone who's successful? Is it jealousy or what? Because Bowe definitely earned everything he has and I'm sure he grew up with far less then any of you haters.

No I just don't like how it's cool now to S on people for no reason. "Hey he's a rich athlete, who care if I S on him right?" Why is it cool to dump on someone who's successful? Is it jealousy or what? Because Bowe definitely earned everything he has and I'm sure he grew up with far less then any of you haters.
    Really, That is what you got out of my joke I am jealous of his success. Really!!!!! I mean you didn't think I was hating on him for his race or religion or maybe his long hair, his tatoos, or for dropping balls that could have cost us games, or even for the actual failed public speakings making him look like an idiot. Or maybe he spends to much time Face booking with Connie Jo....

If I really hated him for his success. There we be a lot more people in this world to hate on before Duane Bowe.

Everytime the guy opens his mouth to the media, he sounds like an idiot and if that earns him an Honor Roll status at LSU. I should have went to LSU. It may have taken me 4 years ito get my degree instead of the 10 years it took because I dragged it out by working full time and going to school part time.

As I said, I could care less what he does during his own time. When he is on the field. I do care, and I like Bowe. Not so much after the Indy game, but I got over that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123