Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we be concerned about Dwayne Bowe

Hybrid View

Default Should we be concerned about Dwayne Bowe

Source: ESPN.com
    Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe was held scoreless in Sunday's odd win over the Denver Broncos, not just from a touchdown perspective (he had scored a touchdown in seven straight games) but from a fantasy perspective, too. Bowe didn't record a single catch, which has to befuddle his fantasy owners. So should we call this a harbinger of doom for fantasy's top wide receiver or just one of those strange days?

I watched some of that Chiefs-Broncos game, and I'll be honest, with the way the Chiefs were controlling the line of scrimmage with their terrific two-man running attack I wasn't surprised quarterback Matt Cassel, who we also liked for Week 13, didn't look Bowe's way much. Cassel didn't have an awful game statistically, finishing with 11 standard fantasy points, but his leading receivers were running back Thomas Jones and tight end Tony Moeaki, who combined for 12 of Cassel's 31 targets and 108 of his 196 passing yards. Bowe saw only three targets, but I doubt the Chiefs care, since they won.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-06-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Champ Bailey is one of the best CBs in the league and shadowed him all day. Cassel barely looked in his direction, and wisely so. This is a one week blip that won't continue.

I think yesterday was for sure a set back for Bowe. Bailey is a great CB but A great Wr what bowe has shown that he can be a times doesn't get shutout. Lets just hope he makes the bolts pay for being shutout.

As long as the Chiefs won without him. show the rest of the league that it is not just Bowe that wins games, but a team effort

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    As long as the Chiefs won without him. show the rest of the league that it is not just Bowe that wins games, but a team effort
    EXACTLY!

I've had so many people tell me that without Bowe Cassel wouldn't be able to do anything and would be shut down. Well Bowe wasn't a factor and Cassel still threw for almost 200 yards! That shut a bunch of people up! haha
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    EXACTLY!

I've had so many people tell me that without Bowe Cassel wouldn't be able to do anything and would be shut down. Well Bowe wasn't a factor and Cassel still threw for almost 200 yards! That shut a bunch of people up! haha
    Matt Cassel is starting to go through his progressions so he is starting to beable to hit other recievers than just Bowe. He is getting better right before our eyes and I hope he just keeps it up. I wouldn't worry about Bowe its only been one week. Look at Roddy White for Atlanta two weeks ago he had maybe one or two catches but he still is the best WR in the league this year. So lets hope that Bowe can come out this Sunday and tear it up.

Can't panic because of one week. We just got seven amazing weeks out of him.

I think we over looked denver. thinking of Sandieg0. Dwayne Bowe could do nothing against Champ Bailey that is scarey. I no Bailey is awsome but shutting Bowe down for the hole game Come on. I believe in Dwayne but if he is going to be great he has to take guys like Baily to school. We will see if he can rebound Sunday.
    We will need Bowe if we plan to make any noise.

Quote Originally Posted by KC DADDY View Post
    I think we over looked denver. thinking of Sandieg0. Dwayne Bowe could do nothing against Champ Bailey that is scarey. I no Bailey is awsome but shutting Bowe down for the hole game Come on. I believe in Dwayne but if he is going to be great he has to take guys like Baily to school. We will see if he can rebound Sunday.
    We will need Bowe if we plan to make any noise.
    I hope not. He only had a handful of passes at him and when Cassel saw he was not getting separation he rarely gave more than a glance as his check-down. The game was just tight in my opinion. What you gonna do, it would've been nice to blow out Denver, maybe next year.

He did lose a few yards on the bullsh!t Offensive PI penalty.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast