Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: future from outsiders perspective

Default future from outsiders perspective

do not post here much, but have followed chiefs all year long. Being from out of state do not get all the chiefs talk someone from kc would. I would have to say if the chiefs are able to obtain a draft class like they were able to get the past year there is no reason why we would not be considered a super bowl contender next year, they made such a dramatic improvements overall this year, a few upgrades in certain areas and I think we can contend with all of the nfl elite for sure. IMO if the chiefs can add a pro bowl cb(shutdown) or wr(to complement bowe) and add some more depth at lb and ol, no doubt they can can beat any team in the NFL, your thoughts?

Hi. I like your attitude, but cornerback is just about the last position we need to improve. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    do not post here much, but have followed chiefs all year long. Being from out of state do not get all the chiefs talk someone from kc would. I would have to say if the chiefs are able to obtain a draft class like they were able to get the past year there is no reason why we would not be considered a super bowl contender next year, they made such a dramatic improvements overall this year, a few upgrades in certain areas and I think we can contend with all of the nfl elite for sure. IMO if the chiefs can add a pro bowl cb(shutdown) or wr(to complement bowe) and add some more depth at lb and ol, no doubt they can can beat any team in the NFL, your thoughts?
    Brandon Flowers is one of the best cornerbacks in the league. If Carr can play like he did against the Broncos next week on a week to week basis, we will have a pair of corners that are the best in the league. Arenas has also been impressive in coverage in nickel packages. I think we are set at cornerback.

I think the biggest areas to look at are WR and offensive line depth. I would also like to see another RB brought in that can take over for Thomas Jones after his contract is up in 2011. Someone who can run between the tackles to keep Charles fresh throughout the course of a 16 game season. I haven't paid a ton of attention, but it seems like Ron Edwards is getting the majority of the reps at NT. It would be nice to have another body so that we can rotate the NT's to keep them fresh to take on 2-3 blockers.

We really need a DE because Shaun Smith Ron Edwards and Glenn Dorsey are all NT, don't get me wrong they are doing a decent job filling wholes but they just don't have the speed to get to the quarterback. I would like to play a lot of defense where all we have to do is rush 3 and get pressure on the qb instead of having to scheme blitzes to get pressure. If we can get a DE that can help Tomba, that will make Tomba even better than he is now and that will help our secondary a ton, we may even have a shutdown secondary if we get that pass rusher.

We need a pass rusher on the end for sure, but we do not have three NT on this team. Thank god Ron Edwards stepped it up this year or we would not have any.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We need a pass rusher on the end for sure, but we do not have three NT on this team. Thank god Ron Edwards stepped it up this year or we would not have any.
    well coming out of College they were nose tackles they just cant handle it in the 3-4 scheme in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    well coming out of College they were nose tackles they just cant handle it in the 3-4 scheme in the NFL
    They arent big enough. I wold like to see us get a good NT this year in the draft.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    They arent big enough. I wold like to see us get a good NT this year in the draft.
    Yes, I would like to see that too. Do you have any thoughts on who you would like the Chiefs to pick up? Coming into the draft next year im confident in Pioli and Haley to get the right people

We saw what happens when a team shuts down Bowe.

We need another starting Wr. McCluster is not that guy. He is a gimmick guy,

We need another Offensive Tackle. I think Richardson has done far better than anyone expected but he is still average at best, plus there is no depth behind him.

Probably should look at Center. Wigman isn't young

We need a pass rushing OLB to replace Vrabel. I like Studebaker but his pass rush lacks what we need.

I would love to see a NT plug the middle. The Donkies were forcing us to use a safety as a line backer based on the personel they brought in and our Nose Tackle was getting beat leaving a safety as the MLB. That is why NOShow Moreno got 161 yards on us. Most of that was right up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Yes, I would like to see that too. Do you have any thoughts on who you would like the Chiefs to pick up? Coming into the draft next year im confident in Pioli and Haley to get the right people
    I honestly dont really get enough college football coverage in Canada to make a really educated guess as to who are the better NTs. I learn a lot from the talk on the site here during the offseason and I trust in Pioli and company to make the right choices!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast