Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs in 1st with 2 game lead: Where we go from here.

Default Chiefs in 1st with 2 game lead: Where we go from here.

Here are some areas the Kansas City Chiefs need to focus on after a 10-6 win over the Denver Broncos:

Recap: The Chiefs woke up Monday morning, not dwelling on an ugly win over Denver, but focused on the fact that they made major strides toward securing the AFC West title, which seemed so unlikely a few months ago. The Chiefs are 8-4 and have a two-game lead over Oakland and San Diego in the division.

Biggest area to fix: scoring points. Kansas City entered the Denver game by scoring 102 points in the past three games. But the offense stalled against the Broncos. The Chiefs made a lot of key mistakes in the red zone against Denver. This is a clearly an explosive offense, but it has to find the end zone again moving forward.

Biggest area to build on: pass defense. The Chiefs suffocated Denver quarterback Kyle Orton. He completed just nine of 28 pass attempts for 117 yards. With Philip Rivers on the horizon, the Chiefs have to feel good about their pass defense.

What to watch for: The Chiefs have a huge game in San Diego on Sunday. If the Chiefs win the game, they will eliminate San Diego from contention for the division crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

What to watch for: The Chiefs have a huge game in San Diego on Sunday. If the Chiefs win the game, they will eliminate San Diego from contention for the division crown.
    If I am not mistaken the Chiefs with a 2 game lead and only 4 games to play their magic number is 3 - 3 wins by them and they win the division 2 wins by them and a lose by the tRaiders and the Blots and they win it.

Yes, that was an ugly win, but one thing that people havn't talked about is that we were able to overcome a lot of our mistakes, and if that same scenario would of happened in the beginning of the season the Chiefs would of lost that game. So these Chiefs are playing as a team and they are picking each other up and not letting stupid mistakes lose the game for them. Also I still would feel a lot better about our lead in the division if we did go out to San Diego and beat them.

I think it's simple we win the next 2 games we are the AFC west champs. I think the faiders are going to lose against the jags that would give them 7 losses we beat the bolts giving them 7 losses and Rams that gives us 10 wins. We win the next 2 we win the divison LETS GET IT DONE

Another thing we need to to take the points when they are there. Kick a DA_ field gole. We will get a touchdown next time. Bowe is my man and will be fine.
    GO CHIEFS.

would be nice to win out, but beating the radrs is the key. 11-5 would be great but whatever we end up its all great as long as we win the division. i wonder what is the greatest turn around in the nfl from one season to the next. 4-12 to 12-4 should be up there with 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC DADDY View Post
    Another thing we need to to take the points when they are there. Kick a DA_ field gole. We will get a touchdown next time. Bowe is my man and will be fine.
    GO CHIEFS.
    I understand you take the points when they are there but I'm ok with Haley going for it on 4th and goal from the one or two yard line. Our defense was getting penetration all day long so if Matt Cassel didn't take that sack and just threw it away the Denver Broncos would have the ball at the 1 or 2 and who knows we might have been able to get a safety and get the ball right back. So I don't disagree with Haleys decision but I would have def. called a time out because it looked like the whole offense was confused with Barry Richardson running on the field then running off he should of just called a timeout and regroup and let Cassel know not to take a sack and then go out there and score.

I think on 4th down Haley has a little demon on his shoulder that says "go for it"
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I understand you take the points when they are there but I'm ok with Haley going for it on 4th and goal from the one or two yard line. Our defense was getting penetration all day long so if Matt Cassel didn't take that sack and just threw it away the Denver Broncos would have the ball at the 1 or 2 and who knows we might have been able to get a safety and get the ball right back. So I don't disagree with Haleys decision but I would have def. called a time out because it looked like the whole offense was confused with Barry Richardson running on the field then running off he should of just called a timeout and regroup and let Cassel know not to take a sack and then go out there and score.
    If Cassel threw that pass it could have easily been picked off or called for intentional grounding.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    If Cassel threw that pass it could have easily been picked off or called for intentional grounding.
    Well I trust Matt Cassel to not to force something that isnt there, but i honestly think that if we would of called a timeout and regrouped after the whole Barry Richardson thing we would of scored a TD. They should of ran the same play with JC that they got called back for a false start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast