Thread: Interesting artical about Cassel

Default Interesting artical about Cassel

Nice artical about Matt Cassel and his worth to the team. He is not as bad as some people in here think.

Matt Cassel - The Dennis Rodman of QBs | Upon Further Review

Great read. IMO Cassel would not rank #17 in either area if he had better receivers to throw to. Bowe has been really good, up until Sunday and Moeaki and McCluster will be good with more experiance. But for the most part all the QB's on that list have far more weapons at available to them.
    IMO Cassel will be an outstanding QB for the Chiefs for a number of years to come and will improve as the team around him improves.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Great read. IMO Cassel would not rank #17 in either area if he had better receivers to throw to. Bowe has been really good, up until Sunday and Moeaki and McCluster will be good with more experiance. But for the most part all the QB's on that list have far more weapons at available to them.
    IMO Cassel will be an outstanding QB for the Chiefs for a number of years to come and will improve as the team around him improves.
    I agree with you I mean look at P.Maning at how bad he is doing with his new receivers he has thown 11 int in the last 3 games all loses as opposed to 8 TD. While Cassel only has 7 TD but no int all wins which is better?

The article says Cassel doesn't have a fumble...He fumbled against the Denver game though.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I agree with you I mean look at P.Maning at how bad he is doing with his new receivers he has thown 11 int in the last 3 games all loses as opposed to 8 TD. While Cassel only has 7 TD but no int all wins which is better?
    Yeah P. Manning doesn't have the numbers that he usually has but its not all because of him and his WR. If you look at it the Colts are 1 dimensional, they have no running game. If they had a running game there is no doubt in my mind that P. Manning would be back to his usual self. I mean all the defense has to do is pin their ears back and blitz P. Manning all day long because they have already showed the NFL that they can't run the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Yeah P. Manning doesn't have the numbers that he usually has but its not all because of him and his WR. If you look at it the Colts are 1 dimensional, they have no running game. If they had a running game there is no doubt in my mind that P. Manning would be back to his usual self. I mean all the defense has to do is pin their ears back and blitz P. Manning all day long because they have already showed the NFL that they can't run the ball.
    That maybe but he has lost some recievers this year has he not? And really have they had a running game in the past? I am not sure they have ever really had a running game with P.Manning there. His new receivers are not what he had in the past I watched his game the weekend and they are dropping balls and letting them bounce off of them that is how 2 of his int happened this weekend at least. Usually the pass will set up the run as well as the run will set up the pass it works both ways stack the box and pass is open put the DBs back and it opens the running game up.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    That maybe but he has lost some recievers this year has he not? And really have they had a running game in the past? I am not sure they have ever really had a running game with P.Manning there. His new receivers are not what he had in the past I watched his game the weekend and they are dropping balls and letting them bounce off of them that is how 2 of his int happened this weekend at least. Usually the pass will set up the run as well as the run will set up the pass it works both ways stack the box and pass is open put the DBs back and it opens the running game up.
    The main receiver that he is missing is Dallas Clark and we all know when QB's are having trouble they go to their security blanket which is their TE. Besides all the people that are hurt for Indy that OL of his is just horrific I can't remember ever seeing P. Manning on his back so much