Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

Default Playoffs

Is it possible in anyway for the chiefs to get a bye? I am not the best at this kind of stuff. I know we should get to play one at home as long as we take care of our end of the deal and win the rest of our games.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerDan View Post
    did you just say rivers > cassel (slightly)?????

on what earth do you think that they are even on the same plateau

cut it out man

i understand hes having a good year, but Rivers has consistantly put up gaudy numbers 3-4 years in a row, when cassel does that then well compare, but cassel was a career back up and youre saying Rivers is slightly better?

at least be realistic.
    Cassel being a career backup has nothing at all to do with his ability as a QB this present day. Cassel is playing at a level that compares to Rivers.

You can brag about Rivers' passing yards all you want. Fact of the matter is that at the beginning of the season you guys were getting your asses handed to you and Rivers put up gaudy yardage numbers. Cassel has 1400 less yards, but only 5 less TDs and half the interceptions. 1400 yards equates to about 18 80-yard drives. Yards are cool, but only when they equate to TDs. Cassel can put up yards too if need be...he has three 400+ yard passing games in the last 3 years...Rivers has 1.

I don't expect you to acknowledge that Cassel is comparable to Rivers. Peter King though, a respected NFL writer that does get to vote for MVP, seems to think Cassel is worth some consideration for MVP...just below Rivers.

DeSean Jackson punt return; NFL*playoff picture clears up - Peter King - SI.com

So yes, I'll stand by my Rivers > Cassel (slightly) assessment.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-21-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Cassel sure as he** looks natural throwing the ball unlike Phillis Rivers ugly looking technique

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Who has led their team to more wins?
    were you saying that last year? or are you just gonna tell me "hey it was his first year", just in case he falls flat on his face next year.

and @Ryfo

"Cassel can put up yards too if need be...he has three 400+ yard passing games in the last 3 years...Rivers has 1."

Rivers put up 2 400 yards game this year, what are you talking about?

3 seasons of 4000 yards 30+ TDs

and youre trying to compate to cassel's lone good season?

please stop.

were you saying that last year? or are you just gonna tell me "hey it was his first year", just in case he falls flat on his face next year.

and @Ryfo

"Cassel can put up yards too if need be...he has three 400+ yard passing games in the last 3 years...Rivers has 1."

please stop.
    Cassel is in his 3rd year. He led the Pats to 11-5 his first year while throwing for almost 3700 yards.

Last year was his first year on a completely demolished rebuilding team. If you can't acknowledge and admit that, well you don't know football and/or you're in denial for whatever reason.

Rivers took over a team that was coming off a 9-7 season. BIG difference than taking a team over that was 2-14 the year before and fired their offensive coordinator a week before the season started as well as had a new head coach.

If you want to compare Rivers and Cassel's 1st season, go ahead. They are about the same except Cassel threw for 300 yards more.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Rivers has 3 400 yard passing games. They ALL resulted in losses.

Cassel has 3 400 yard passing games. 1 win and 2 losses.

ALL of Rivers 400 yard passing games was against prevent defenses and playing catch up cuz they were losing.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

and @Ryfo

please stop.
    You're right about the 400 yard games, I missed one.

Please see SIC J's post 2 up from here, he summed it up well. I acknowledged that Rivers is a better QB at this point in time, but if you're going to sit there and say Rivers is on a completely different level from Cassel I'm not buying it. And yes I'll base it off his rookie season and this year. To base it off his season last year in which the Offensive Coordinator was fired 1 week before the season, and a team that was utterly lost with LJ at RB and Dwayne Bowe fat/overweight and suspended for 4 games isn't fair to Cassel IMO. Sure it helps your argument, but there were a ton of other problems with the 2009 Chiefs.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-21-2010 at 02:38 PM.

did you just say rivers > cassel (slightly)?????

on what earth do you think that they are even on the same plateau

cut it out man

i understand hes having a good year, but Rivers has consistantly put up gaudy numbers 3-4 years in a row, when cassel does that then well compare, but cassel was a career back up and youre saying Rivers is slightly better?

at least be realistic.
    Just wondering how many of our games have you seen this year? Matt Cassel is playing as well as any QB in the NFL. Theres an old saying that your only as good as your last game. If that's the case then Matt Cassel is still pretty good even after a MAJOR surgery.

And if you think that this is new from Cassel look at our games at the end of the year last season. He was playing pretty good by the end of the season and in 08 he played pretty good for the Pats. Did he struggle last season yes but you put any hall of fame qb in there prime on that team a year ago they would struggle. Matt struggles but he also got better as the season went on.

Lets look at your Qb. He has been pretty good but don't pretend he does not struggle at times as well. Look at what our crowd did to him. Not only did he struggle but our crowd had him throwing temper tantrums on the sideline and even on the field. Matt Cassel is not far behind Rivers in his abilty on the field and IMO Cassel is the better leader. You won't find him throwing temper tanturms on the sidelines.

and @Ryfo

please stop.
    No, his first year he went 11-5 while Rivers went 8-8 but I will stop. This must get embarassing for you.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No, his first year he went 11-5 while Rivers went 8-8 but I will stop. This must get embarassing for you.
    Canada you know what his excuse is going to be " Well look who Cassel had around him Randy Moss and Wes Welker" thats what all the Cassel haters say.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Canada you know what his excuse is going to be " Well look who Cassel had around him Randy Moss and Wes Welker" thats what all the Cassel haters say.
    Yeah, well you know who Philip Rivers had around him?

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast