Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

Default Playoffs

Is it possible in anyway for the chiefs to get a bye? I am not the best at this kind of stuff. I know we should get to play one at home as long as we take care of our end of the deal and win the rest of our games.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I do believe that we are going to the playoffs. I had that in my season picks. I just will wait to see it happen before I get my hopes up. But I think we will take care of it in the next couple of weeks.

If we can beat San Diego I think by the end of the weekend we will lead the AFC West by 3 games because Jacksonville is starting to come on and they look tough. The Raiders are coming off a very high emotional game so I think this is a let down game for them so I hope the Chiefs can go to San Diego with their A game

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    If we can beat San Diego I think by the end of the weekend we will lead the AFC West by 3 games because Jacksonville is starting to come on and they look tough. The Raiders are coming off a very high emotional game so I think this is a let down game for them so I hope the Chiefs can go to San Diego with their A game
    They definitely played Denver with their B game so I hope they do too!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    No it is the old magic number thing which is 3 any combinations of Chiefs wins and tRaiders and dolts loses.
    No.

If the Raiders lose 1 and KC only wins 2, and SD goes undefeated, SD wins the division.

Raiders aren't a big problem. They will lose one more. If they do, they are through.

If the 7 point fav Bolts win sunday, and then win out against 3 and 4 win teams, KC will have to run the table the last 3.

Oh, the Bolts have been in this situation before (2008) down 3 games with 3 to go.

This is a big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Sun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    No it is the old magic number thing which is 3 any combinations of Chiefs wins and tRaiders and dolts loses.
    No.

If the Raiders lose 1 and KC only wins 2, and SD goes undefeated, SD wins the division.

Raiders aren't a big problem. They will lose one more. If they do, they are through.

If the 7 point fav Bolts win sunday, and then win out against 3 and 4 win teams, KC will have to run the table the last 3.

Oh, the Bolts have been in this situation before (2008) down 3 games with 3 to go.

This is a big game.
    None of that contradicts what Dave said.

Except "no.". Which is incorrect.

The 'magic number' theory is still dead-on.

If The Chiefs win three games, they win the division.

If The Chiefs win two games, while The Raiders and Chargers each lose one game, The Chiefs win the division.

If The Chiefs win only one more game, but The Raiders and Chargers each lose two each, The Chiefs win the division.

If the Chiefs do not win another game, but both The Raiders and Chargers lose three each, The Chiefs win the division.

Just like Dave stated, the magic number is 3.

Any combination of Chiefs wins and Chargers and Raiders(Both have to lose, for it to be counted.) losses equaling three, wins the division for The Chiefs.
    Last edited by chief31; 12-09-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    None of that contradicts what Dave said.

Except "no.". Which is incorrect.

The 'magic number' theory is still dead-on.

If The Chiefs win three games, they win the division.

If The Chiefs win two games, while The Raiders and Chargers each lose one game, The Chiefs win the division.

If The Chiefs win only one more game, but The Raiders and Chargers each lose two, The Chiefs win the division.

If the Chiefs do not win another game, but both The Raiders and Chargers lose three, The Chiefs win the division.

Just like Dave stated, the magic number is 3.

Any combination of Chiefs wins and Chargers and Raiders(Both have to lose, for it to be counted.) losses equaling three wins the division for The Chiefs.

If the Chargers lose this week they are out of the playoffs. Screw any other calculations. That is the only game we need to worry about now.

The best they could do after a Chiefs win on Sunday is tie us at 9-7 and we would win the head to head tie breaker because we beat them twice.

we win this week we are in we lose we are out..plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    No not really we are in over the dolts but not the tRaiders if we win this week and lose the last three and the tRaiders win out they will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense...Even if we lose this week we can win out. The Rams, Titans, and Raiders are 3 games we can certainly win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense...Even if we lose this week we can win out. The Rams, Titans, and Raiders are 3 games we can certainly win.
    Exactly.

LOL I started this thread to find out one thing, is it possible we could get a bye. I all ready know how bad it could be for us and that is to not get in. I just wanted to see how good it COULD be. Now I am reading all this other jive which I know threads change alot but now its sounding kind of negative. I have faith in our team and like I said one time before Haley and Co. will not be denied, Clark brought in a winning staff and that is just what they are going to do, most thought we would not do this good this year but that gos to show that Haley and Pioli know what they are doing. I have no worries or stress we ARE going to the playoffs!!!...Period

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast