Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

Default Playoffs

Is it possible in anyway for the chiefs to get a bye? I am not the best at this kind of stuff. I know we should get to play one at home as long as we take care of our end of the deal and win the rest of our games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I love how the Chargers fans are coming out of the woodwork. ChargerDan, thanks for at least showing some class.

All the Chargers fans seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs are going to lose one more game. Sure it may happen, but I like our chances. This week we get the Rams, and so far we have run the table on the NFC West. The Chiefs will also be well represented in St. Louis since both teams are in Missouri. Then we follow up with 2 games at home against a Titans team that has fallen apart and then what is always a tough matchup against the Raiders.

The Chargers are 1-2 so far against the WORST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL (NFC West). Them beating SF is not a given (just like beating OAK at home wasn't). 7-6 does not make you an elite team. I'll give you that you were the elite team in year's past, but the tables are starting to turn.
    thing is, its great to be a fan, but that guy needs to be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    And the what should be payed attention to the most from this season to last.......

Chiefs were 4-12 last season and are already 8-5 so far. HUGE improvement.

Raiders 5-11 and are now 6-7. BUT 4-0 in the AFC West.

Chargers were 13-3 and are sitting at 7-6. Went from 5-1 to now 2-3 in the division.

FACT is, the Chiefs and Raiders are now on the rise and Chargers are on their decline. Chargers blew their best chances at a Super Bowl run and now its over. Chiefs are now going to start dominating the AFC WEST again.

HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF!!!!
    As long as we have Rivers, i dont think theres any question that we will always be in the thick of the west chase. we arent on a decline, just a down year, if youve seen since 06 we always follow up a strong year with a decent year under norv. it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerDan View Post
    As long as we have Rivers, i dont think theres any question that we will always be in the thick of the west chase. we arent on a decline, just a down year, if youve seen since 06 we always follow up a strong year with a decent year under norv. it happens.
    I do think that Rivers is going to be able to keep your team competive. But I think that you guys are clearly going to have to be heading in a rebuilding the talent around him mode. You dug yourself in a deeper whole then normal this year I think that's a sign that the short term window for your team has closed as far as a superbowl birth. I don't think it will take you long to rebuild with Rivers but even you have to admit that your team is not as good as the past few years.

I think the Chargers may go through what the Chiefs went through in the 90's were your a contender for awhile but soon enough the fans are going to get tired of getting to the post season and never being able to get to the SB. I'm not sure but do you think the Chargers are going to beable to keep Vincent Jackson and their LT or are they going to leave the team for being unhappy?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I think the Chargers may go through what the Chiefs went through in the 90's were your a contender for awhile but soon enough the fans are going to get tired of getting to the post season and never being able to get to the SB. I'm not sure but do you think the Chargers are going to beable to keep Vincent Jackson and their LT or are they going to leave the team for being unhappy?
    well they signed McNeil long term, VJ i cant be to sure. I dont wanna say yes then watch him leave, or say no and he stays, its a long shot.

I can never get tired of making the playoffs, its the best football of the year, and in 08 if Rivers hadnt torn his ACL we probably woulda made that SB. We probably woulda beat a healthy Pats team. But thats just me. im happy as a fan if we're always in contention.

and @matthews. nah i dont think they are in any rebuilding mode. The team is still young, theres no old guys on this team like moss or favre or anything like that.

even though i dont like AJ Smith, i cant deny his talent for finding talent. not many can, so i think as long as AJ is around, he will find the necessary tools to put around him.

So your telling me you would rather go to the playoffs every year and never win a Super Bowl?

So your telling me you would rather go to the playoffs every year and never win a Super Bowl?
    I don't know about you guys but football is about WINNING THE SUPER BOWL. Thats the ultimate goal. Yes you can be realistic and know how good your team really is or what to expect from them. BUT, as a Chiefs fan, with the coaches and players that the Chiefs now have, I expect them to be in the Super Bowl within the next 3 years. If they are not, I would say they have failed.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

My personal opinion is that as long as the Chargers have Rivers, thats as far as the Chargers will get, to the playoffs.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

As opposed to...?

Not being in the playoffs?

If I can have my team in the fight every year, I am pretty happy.

One of those years, I definitely expect to win it all. But, if we are in that fight each season, then it is far better than not being in the fight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    My personal opinion is that as long as the Chargers have Rivers, thats as far as the Chargers will get, to the playoffs.
    I agree with this, Rivers QB Rating in the playoffs is terrible.

Also, Norv Turner is not a good NFL headcoach. He also won't get you to a Superbowl.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast