Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Office Told To Prepare For Playoffs

Default Chiefs Office Told To Prepare For Playoffs

Chiefs Telling Season Ticket Holders To Prepare For Playoffs

by Joel Thorman on Dec 7, 2010 1:43 PM CST in 2010 Kansas City Chiefs Season

If Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley had anything to say about it, preparation for the playoffs wouldn't come until after Jan. 2 when KC finishes the regular season against the Oakland Raiders. But Haley doesn't have to worry about filling a stadium, selling tickets and all the other non-football logistics that come along with the playoffs.
    Members of the Chiefs management, like COO Mark Donovan, do have to prepare for the logistics of hosting a playoff game.
    Donovan appeared on 810 WHB with Soren Petro on Tuesday and says that the NFL has told the Chiefs to begin preparing for the playoffs. Yes, Chiefs fans, reality is starting to hit. The Chiefs tonight will mail out to season ticket holders a packet to renew season tickets for next year.
    Also in that packet? Playoff ticket information. Donovan says season ticket holders will get the right to buy playoff tickets until Dec. 20 at which point they'll prepare to take them public. More than half of the tickets in the building for the playoffs are going to be under $100 and he says some playoff ticket prices will be between $30-50....assuming they make it.
    OK so what if they don't make the playoffs? Season ticket holders can roll the money they put down on the playoffs to next year. Considering the way the Chiefs are trending, I imagine most will want to be back next year.
    KCChiefs.com has the details for all of you looking for playoff tickets.
    It's so real now. As Jim Mora would say: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM"]Playoffs[/ame]??

47 comments | Add comment | 0 recs |

Do you like this story?

Playoffs would be real nice to see. We win the next two and we are in it's that simple.

lol, i thought of Jim Mora before i opened the thread. i don't like to count my eggs before they hatch. just keep on winning...ugly or impressive. just win

They are preparing for the play off possibility; it's good business to prepare for what is hoped to be the inevitable.

I look forward to the years where this thread is not even necessary. I'm guessing NE, INDY, Pitts fans don't blink an eye when coming across threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I look forward to the years where this thread is not even necessary. I'm guessing NE, INDY, Pitts fans don't blink an eye when coming across threads like this.
    As do I it is a good thing that we are now talking about this. It's been far to long since we were even close to a playoff birth. Lets make it happen this season.

It is a sweet thing indeed. With another good draft this team will be bad axx!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Playoffs would be real nice to see. We win the next two and we are in it's that simple.
    i don't think so, if we lose the last two and the raders win out we tie at 10-6 w/oak holding the first two tie-breakers.....we need to win 3 of 4 or at the very least beat sd & oak.

play-off tickets for the Chiefs. I gotta let that sink in
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i don't think so, if we lose the last two and the raders win out we tie at 10-6 w/oak holding the first two tie-breakers.....we need to win 3 of 4 or at the very least beat sd & oak.
    I don't see the faiders winning out. They have the jags who are playing tough right now and the colts left to play. Not to mention they play stupid football commiting the dumb penalties that get you beat. I just don't see them winning out at all. But we can take care of them week 17 if they do win there next few games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast