Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Built To Beat Chargers Without Cassel

Default Chiefs Built To Beat Chargers Without Cassel

Just a piece I ran across at NFL.com....

NFL Blog Blitz: Kansas City Chiefs powered by SportsFanLive.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I beg to differ. Taking Cassel out completely changed the Chiefs offense.

Imagine if Volek was suddenly put in a QB. Chargers offense would not be the same at all as well.

Possibly, however (and this is NOT in defense of Croyle or the Offense), but it was not the offense that gave up 31 points.

Of course it was not the defense that failed to score any points either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Possibly, however (and this is NOT in defense of Croyle or the Offense), but it was not the offense that gave up 31 points.

Of course it was not the defense that failed to score any points either.
    The offense did NOTHING to help the defense. The defense created 2 turnovers to help the offense. The offense held onto the ball for a whole 19:50. Leaving the defense on the field for over 40 mins!!! the Chiefs punted 8 times! Had a total of 5 first downs!

I don't care what anyone says. People keep saying "its a team sport". Sorry to break it to you guys but EVERY team has a leader. That leader is the QB. If your QB is horrible, then the people you lead are not going to be very good either. The offense starts with your QB. Croyle flat out SUCKS. He mad everyone around him suck. All 4 sacks were him being too scared to throw the ball and held onto it. And when he did throw the ball, they were almost all poorly thrown.

He played exactly how I expect to but I was hoping he would have a miracle guy. He proved me right when I wanted to be wrong.

Only thing good about this loss is that its a wake up call for all the Cassel haters on here. Hopefully this is another wake up call for the Chiefs just like the Broncos game was. They control their own destiny.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

The offense did NOTHING to help the defense. The defense created 2 turnovers to help the offense. The offense held onto the ball for a whole 19:50. Leaving the defense on the field for over 40 mins!!! the Chiefs punted 8 times! Had a total of 5 first downs!

I don't care what anyone says. People keep saying "its a team sport". Sorry to break it to you guys but EVERY team has a leader. That leader is the QB. If your QB is horrible, then the people you lead are not going to be very good either. The offense starts with your QB. Croyle flat out SUCKS. He mad everyone around him suck. All 4 sacks were him being too scared to throw the ball and held onto it. And when he did throw the ball, they were almost all poorly thrown.

He played exactly how I expect to but I was hoping he would have a miracle guy. He proved me right when I wanted to be wrong.

Only thing good about this loss is that its a wake up call for all the Cassel haters on here. Hopefully this is another wake up call for the Chiefs just like the Broncos game was. They control their own destiny.
    From what I saw the first 21 points of the game had little to do with our offense. They moved the ball at will against our defense. Again, I'm NOT saying this in defense of our offense. Perhaps I'm wrong; it's just how I see it it. JMHO

From what I saw the first 21 points of the game had little to do with our offense. T
    Actually, if our offense had been able to get some first downs, and some point on the board during the first half, that's one, or two, possessions fewer that the Chargers would have had.

And the entire second half would have been played differently.

However, I agree that the defense played poorly. Just that the lack of offense likely amplified the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Actually, if our offense had been able to get some first downs, and some point on the board during the first half, that's one, or two, possessions fewer that the Chargers would have had.

And the entire second half would have been played differently.

However, I agree that the defense played poorly. Just that the lack of offense likely amplified the effect.
    Without a single doubt.

All I am going to say on the last game is! The dolts knew that Cassel was out, they knew we would, with the #1 rushing offense, that we would run the ball. I very disappointed in the coaching from this game. They also knew Cassel would not be able to play, they had a chance to spread things out, and let Brodie throw the ball. Instead we went ultra conservative. No guts, no Glory! Game plan lost this game. We knew, we could not allow to get down by 2 possessions.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 12-14-2010 at 09:10 PM.

football is about momentum, once they got the 1st td and then get the ball right back,,then again...we never had momentum and our D was on thier heels with no time between posessions to make adjustments.

Whats funny is the media keeps preaching "special teams" so all their dumb fans keep saying that as well like all the turnovers they have had don't have anything to do with it. haha
    were "dumb" ?

we turned it over twice and you still didnt put up a point, if anyones dumb here it just might be your logic.

What the game against the Chargers showed us is how bad we need another pass rusher. I hope we draft Sam Ocho from texas to play the opposite side of Tamba so we have more than just Tamba to pass rush. CB's can only guard a WR for so long before they finally break out of their route and just run around to get open. If we got more of a rush then CB's wouldnt have to guard as long and they also could jump on the check downs because they would already know that the QB wouldn't have a lot of time to throw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerDan View Post
    were "dumb" ?

we turned it over twice and you still didnt put up a point, if anyones dumb here it just might be your logic.
    Its we're......

Here are all the games the Charger fans "claim" they lost to because of special teams.

Chargers vs Chiefs - 1 to 0 turnovers
    Chargers vs Seahawks - 5 to 2 turnovers
    Chargers vs Raiders - 3 to 0 turnovers
    Chargers vs Rams - 1 to 0 turnovers
    Raiders vs Chargers - 2 to 1 turnovers

Chargers are -7 in the turnover game. Making them tied for 3rd WORST in the NFL.

Do you see the pattern here????? Or is it still all because of the special teams?

LOL
    Last edited by SIC J; 12-15-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast