Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So bad

Default So bad

I actually turned the game off in the third quarter. I have never done this before but I couldn't take it anymore I was about to put my fist through the TV during this atrocity. Not wanting to fork over another thousand for a new big screen I did what any smart person would do I ate a couple cookies and took a nap.

I stopped following on line play by play, began doing some other stuff, checked back in every 5 minutes or so. There was never any improvement.

I can't explain why, cause I don't know why...but I'm not taking this game loss seriously. I think the Chiefs will come back next week, and go on to the playoffs as anticipated by most. I have some hope, but don't have super high hopes of their making it through the playoffs, but any thing is possible.

Besides...there is nothing we can do to change what happen today...done deal, time to move on to next Sunday. Hopefully the team and coaches will show up to play, because it appears that was not the case today.

I look for 2011 to be 'THE' year.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I stopped following on line play by play, began doing some other stuff, checked back in every 5 minutes or so. There was never any improvement.

I can't explain why, cause I don't know why...but I'm not taking this game loss seriously. I think the Chiefs will come back next week, and go on to the playoffs as anticipated by most. I have some hope, but don't have super high hopes of their making it through the playoffs, but any thing is possible.

Besides...there is nothing we can do to change what happen today...done deal, time to move on to next Sunday. Hopefully the team and coaches will show up to play, because it appears that was not the case today.

Yeah I'm not even disappointed we lost honestly I'm still impressed we even won 8 games so far, but I really thought we would have done better then this we got destroyed.

No, I didn't think it would be as bad of loss in points as it was either, but a loss is a loss, regardless.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

well i predicted 10 wins back in january and its still possible. I stand by my prediction of 3 SB wins in next ten years, we are baby team, we will get even better after the next draft and pick up a few more free agents.
    I think we need to really look into picking up another back up QB, as much as i like Brodie he is not showing any growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

cj i am totally dissapointed in yoy, giving up on this year??? our fate is in our own hands, if we win out we are the division champs, not to shabby for a 4-12 team. the fate of the CHIEFS is in the hands of the CHIEFS right where we want i, and right where it should be. yes it is a tuff road but if was easy cleveland could have done it. i have a bottle of vermeil wine ready to drink when we win the division and the only team that canstop us is the CHIEFS themselves. and if we can't hack it then we didn't deserve but still had one heck of a season!!

We definitely need a back-up QB. Someone who isn't as fragile as glass and is capable of winning.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    well i predicted 10 wins back in january and its still possible. I stand by my prediction of 3 SB wins in next ten years, we are baby team, we will get even better after the next draft and pick up a few more free agents.
    I think we need to really look into picking up another back up QB, as much as i like Brodie he is not showing any growth.
    I agree, we're young, and the great news is we're playing as well as we are with so many young players. We have some serious young talent & skill on our team. It's very possible as this team continues to evolve as a team, we could go to mulitple SB's in the coming years. I assume Pioli is wise enough to keep this team together in every way possible. When making too many trades or cuts with a team working as well together as our Chiefs appear to be doing...they dig themselves a hole difficult to climb out of.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    cj i am totally dissapointed in yoy, giving up on this year??? our fate is in our own hands, if we win out we are the division champs, not to shabby for a 4-12 team. the fate of the CHIEFS is in the hands of the CHIEFS right where we want i, and right where it should be. yes it is a tuff road but if was easy cleveland could have done it. i have a bottle of vermeil wine ready to drink when we win the division and the only team that canstop us is the CHIEFS themselves. and if we can't hack it then we didn't deserve but still had one heck of a season!!

I'm not giving up, hahaha. I have hope, just not super duper high hope, from a realistic point of view, rather than a heartfelt point of view, haha. It's not that I don't think our Chiefs are a good team at all, I think we're still too inconsistent in many ways, too many unresolved problem areas yet. We're a young team, still needing kinks worked out is to be expected.

I think we'll make it to the playoffs, my hopes are high in that aspect...I just see too many unresolved areas to make it through agains teams that have far less unresolved areas than we do. We need better pass defense for one concern, another is inconsistent play from our defense, another is not having solid back ups if a starter is injured.

Still, I'm right there with ya...not giving up...yet any way, lol.

There are 3 more games left, we are 8-5, and still in 1st in the division. How is this season not still exciting and promising? We can beat all three of the teams we have left to face.

It was a horrible game today, but what can I say? This season, when we lose, we really make a display of it.

I'm hoping for 11-5 and playoffs. Go KC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast