Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel had an Emergeny Appendectomy, Very Questionable

Default Matt Cassel had an Emergeny Appendectomy, Very Questionable

Looks like I was wrong in my other post...it was the 2nd anniversary of his father's death. Adam Schefter is now reporting that Matt had an emergency appendectomy.

I sure hope Brodie can guide us to a win over the Chargers!

Im Neg Repping you now!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'd be very surprised if he played. Not good especially with one of the biggest games of the season on Sunday..........
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

kcchiefs:
    #Chiefs: Matt Cassel's appendectomy surgery was successful and club expects him to return to work this week. (via @JoshLooney) [via Twitter]

NFL Network just said that Cassel is expected to play Sunday.

Expected to return to work is the official wording....Most likely working on the headset from the sideline.

The positive out of this? Maybe Croyle comes in, lights it up, and gets some trade value for teams looking for a QB. WISHFUL THINKING

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Expected to return to work is the official wording....Most likely working on the headset from the sideline.

The positive out of this? Maybe Croyle comes in, lights it up, and gets some trade value for teams looking for a QB. WISHFUL THINKING
    Yeah I'm not counting on him playing.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Just talked to a very respected neurosurgeon... He said this type of appendectomy likely means out 1 or 2 weeks 13 minutes ago via web Retweeted by 7 people

getnickwright
    nick wright

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    NFL Network just said that Cassel is expected to play Sunday.
    No way is Casell going to play...

With an unruptured appendix, the patient's recovery time is relatively quick. The morning after surgery, clear liquids are offered. Once those are tolerated, the diet progresses to solid food. Once the patient is eating and drinking, the intravenous is removed. Physical activity, such as getting out of bed, begins on the same day as surgery or the next morning. Most patients need medication to relieve the pain in and around the incision. The smaller incisions of a laparscopic procedure often cause less pain than the large incision made in open appendectomy. The nursing staff continues to monitor the patient for signs of infection and checks that the incision is healing. Patients with uncomplicated surgeries usually leave the hospital 1 or 2 days following surgery.

Once at home, the patient must check the incision site. It should be dry and the wound should be completely closed. If the incision drains blood or pus, or if the edges are pulling apart, the physician should be notified immediately. Fever and increasing pain at the incision site also should be reported to the physician.

Normal activities can be resumed within a few days, but it takes 4 to 6 weeks for full recovery. Heavy lifting and strenuous activity should be avoided during recovery. If antibiotics and/or pain medication are prescribed, they should be taken as directed.
    The open procedure leaves a scar on the lower right side of the abdomen that is a few inches long and fades over time. Scarring from laparoscopic appendectomy is minimal.

Postoperative Care after Appendectomy - Appendectomy - Surgery Channel

If matt plays this week and wins I will take back everything I ever said bad about him but I don't see him playing much less winning so I am safe.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast