Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Brodie Croyle debate

Default Brodie Croyle debate

I'd say it's safe to say this debate is done. Hope all you Cassel haters are enjoying the game.
    At least Brodie played a half of football without being taken off on a stretcher

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    There is no defending quitting because your QB sucks this is where the D should have stepped up to take over. If one part of the team is having a bad day on a great team the other parts step up and take over the game.

May very well make it to the playoffs this year but may be another year or so before this is a Super Bowl contender.

On a side note Crow and Turkey are a lot alike I have had crow for every meal for a while now. Almost like Thanksgiving leftovers. I admit I was wayyyy wayyyy wrong about Cassel.
    I agree. Croyle didn't lose this game...the KC Chiefs lost this game, including coaches.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

And just for the record, the DEFENSE forced 2 turnovers!!!!!

And the first drive argument makes no sense. As I said in another thread, the Broncos scored EASLIY on their first drive against the Chargers this season and then got blown out!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Brodie Croyle was worse than I ever thought he could be.

The defense wasn't spectacular today, but after numerous 3 and outs in which they get no breather, what do you expect them look like?

This game is all Brodie Croyle. ALL
    Just like I have sat here every other week with Cassel i am going to for Brodie.

THIS WAS A TEAM LOSS. Make the tired excusse for the D all you want it started with the first drive. They were not tired then. Brodie didn't help but THIS WAS A TEAM LOSS. Offense Defense speal teams. You don't let guys go 18 yards untouched into the endzone I don't care if you have been on the field 60 miniuts. The D didn't show up either.

If you are a person who has supported Cassel and been upset with those who have tried to blame everything on him then(like myself) don't do it to Brodie. This is not HIS loss. Its a KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LOSS. They should all be embarresed.

I totally agree that Brodie is not a starting QB, nor does it appear a back up QB. However, the Chargers scored 3 TD's before the first half...that wasn't Brodies fault. Our D failed, in the first half especially...near as I can tell from what I'm reading online in play by play action.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Weis never took the training wheels off Croyle today. He made some good throws under pressure...Running on 1st and 2nd down with 8 minutes left and down 21 points was foolish. I mean, it was obvious the Chiefs were going to be one dimensional this game and try to run the ball...Hats off to San Diego, they shut it down.

The offensive line was brutal as well. I will not put this all on Croyle. Total team failure today.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I totally agree that Brodie is not a starting QB, nor does it appear a back up QB. However, the Chargers scored 3 TD's before the first half...that wasn't Brodies fault. Our D failed, in the first half especially...near as I can tell from what I'm reading online in play by play action.
    Well, the constant three-and-outs by the offense doesn't help any defense. They were constantly on the field and most likely kinda discouraged by the offense's inability to score - or get to their end of the field - or even get a first down.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan1982 View Post
    At this point, I don't think we are going to find a decent backup for the rest of the season. The success for the rest of the season will depend on if Cassell is playing or not.

Brody is not worth keeping around though. No reason to at this point. Granted, Aikman started out 0-11. But, I think Brody needs to find a new occupation.
    Is it Brody or Brodie? Heck, I dunno...have friends whose son is Brodie. Anyway, I agree...and doubt if Croyle will be a Chief in 2011. Sadly for him, doubt he will ever be a starter for any NFL team, unless they're totally desperate. At this point, he might find trouble being picked up as a back up. His history doesn't make him desirable as #1 or #2 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Well, the constant three-and-outs by the offense doesn't help any defense. They were constantly on the field and most likely kinda discouraged by the offense's inability to score - or get to their end of the field - or even get a first down.
    Oh, I agree the D forced to stay on the field too often & too long...will wear them out, naturally. Still, from what I was following on line, the D wasn't playing well early on in the game. Chargers scored 7 in their first drive of the game, if memory is correct?

Oh, I agree the D forced to stay on the field too often & too long...will wear them out, naturally. Still, from what I was following on line, the D wasn't playing well early on in the game. Chargers scored 7 in their first drive of the game, if memory is correct?
    Correct This was NOT a case that the D played well and got wore down. It started from the beging and it KEPT going. The offense was bad today no one is denying that. But so was the D. And it started from the start of the game. We lost as a TEAM. I don't think makeing excuses to why the D played bad will do us any good. They have to find out what went wrong and how to fix it for the next 3 games. Ignoreing there bad play is the worst thing that they could do at this point.

our D failed partly cause the offense did not convert a third down and had only one first down in the half. that and apparently romeo never heard of running backs as receivers, not once in the entire game is there any CHIEFS defender in the frame when a back was thrown to as an outlet receiver or on a screen pass, however when the CHIEFS tried to throw to ChaRLES he was hit 4yds behind the line, so the chargs D knew they can be thrown to. which LB had that responsibiolity and where the heck was he??

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast