Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis Debate

Default Charlie Weis Debate

This was the biggest game for the Chiefs in over three years...
    ZERO points.
    ZERO.
    This was bad offensive game-planning if you ask me - even if you don't ask me.
    Our coaches did not have this team prepared to play this game today.
    I love the Chiefs - but I don't love Weis. Not after this fiasco.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by lordchillz View Post
    This was planned!

So you're saying that a game that if we'd won would have pretty much sealed the division was thrown, huh...?

There would have been NO benefit to anyone planning to lose this game just to spare our team injuries.

Spare ourselves of injuries and come out hard and strong on the final 3 games! I know it sounds crazy but look at the stats of the game! The numbers dont lie! If you really think we're that bad with croyle alone then you might want to rethink your football ideals! It's ugly and horrible but at the same time if this loss pays off in the post season then you'll call them (coaches) geniuses! They would gladly take a loss to a game-behind opponent if it means getting your starting quarter back to return and the offensive weapons that got you here in the first place in the playoffs! You have to admit we need every single piece of offense to compete in the playoffs! The coaches are playing the numbers!

Outplayed and out-coached.

...'Nough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Outplayed and out-coached.

...'Nough said.
    Yes. Not even a field goal. Tough to watch.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    This was the biggest game for the Chiefs in over three years...
    ZERO points.
    ZERO.
    This was bad offensive game-planning if you ask me - even if you don't ask me.
    Our coaches did not have this team prepared to play this game today.
    I love the Chiefs - but I don't love Weis. Not after this fiasco.
    What about the other 12 games where we have been ranked #6 overall in offense, have the #1 rushing offense, Bowe leading the league in TDs and one of the better QBs in the league. If you are going to blame Weis for yesterday then its only fair to ive him credit for the offensive improvement. We were ranked near the bottom of the leage for the past three years were we not? Without Weis, we are having a weekly debate about why our offense sucks.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What about the other 12 games where we have been ranked #6 overall in offense, have the #1 rushing offense, Bowe leading the league in TDs and one of the better QBs in the league. If you are going to blame Weis for yesterday then its only fair to ive him credit for the offensive improvement. We were ranked near the bottom of the leage for the past three years were we not? Without Weis, we are having a weekly debate about why our offense sucks.
    I understand what you are saying. I was referring to his gameplan yesterday vs bolts.
    SHUT IT

[quote=lordchillz;217749]Spare ourselves of injuries and come out hard and strong on the final 3 games! I know it sounds crazy but look at the stats of the game! The numbers dont lie! If you really think we're that bad with croyle alone then you might want to rethink your football ideals! It's ugly and horrible but at the same time if this loss pays off in the post season then you'll call them (coaches) geniuses! They would gladly take a loss to a game-behind opponent if it means getting your starting quarter back to return and the offensive weapons that got you here in the first place in the playoffs! You have to admit we need every single piece of offense to compete in the playoffs! The coaches are playing the numbers![/quote

What i always tell my lil league team is that if you play scared on the field then you are going to get hurt. That goes for being in the NFL to that is crazy to even think we didnt want to win this game. If we won that game there was no chance for San Diego to win the division and a very slim chance that Oakland would win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I understand what you are saying. I was referring to his gameplan yesterday vs bolts.
    If we are looking to lay blame on someone it belongs on the coaching staff, the offense, the defense, the special teams, the waterboy, the guy who rolls the cable for the coaches headphones, the chain gang. EVERYONE!! There was absolutely no effort from anyone on the team. It was a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think this why Haley still refuses to call this a "good" team and I agree with him. We don't have the depth of a good team and we still have holes that can be exploited. Good teams have guys step up when others get hurt, we don't have those guys.

We win games by not making mistakes and staying in contests. This isn't the way a "good" team wins. I doubt this is the strategy of the Patriots, Eagles or Steelers, week in and week out. The reason we do this is because we are covering too many holes. Name me linebacker who makes regularly plays outside of Hali and DJ? Also we are still thin on the defensive front. On offense, Casey Wiegmann is better than Niswanger, but still gets manhandled by bigger NT's. Outside of Bowe and Moeaki, we don't have any consistent receivers. Verran Turner is a nice story but he still only has like 6 catches in 5 or 6 starts.

While I also hated Weis's game plan, I don't know that another plan would have changed the outcome much. We were manhandled on both lines. Like it or not, the Chargers are a more talented team than we are, right now. The only reason why we are ahead of them is that I think we are better coached. Reverse coaching staffs and I'd bet the Chargers would be like 11-2 and we'd be like 5-8.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I think this why Haley still refuses to call this a "good" team and I agree with him. We don't have the depth of a good team and we still have holes that can be exploited. Good teams have guys step up when others get hurt, we don't have those guys.

We win games by not making mistakes and staying in contests. This isn't the way a "good" team wins. I doubt this is the strategy of the Patriots, Eagles or Steelers, week in and week out. The reason we do this is because we are covering too many holes. Name me linebacker who makes regularly plays outside of Hali and DJ? Also we are still thin on the defensive front. On offense, Casey Wiegmann is better than Niswanger, but still gets manhandled by bigger NT's. Outside of Bowe and Moeaki, we don't have any consistent receivers. Verran Turner is a nice story but he still only has like 6 catches in 5 or 6 starts.

While I also hated Weis's game plan, I don't know that another plan would have changed the outcome much. We were manhandled on both lines. Like it or not, the Chargers are a more talented team than we are, right now. The only reason why we are ahead of them is that I think we are better coached. Reverse coaching staffs and I'd bet the Chargers would be like 11-2 and we'd be like 5-8.
    I think we are just one good draft away from having a really talented team. If we have a draft this year like we had last year then I think we will go into the next season a SB contender but im not giving up on this season I still hope we can get into the playoffs and steal a win or two well hell maybe even steal a SB lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast