Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis Debate

Default Charlie Weis Debate

This was the biggest game for the Chiefs in over three years...
    ZERO points.
    ZERO.
    This was bad offensive game-planning if you ask me - even if you don't ask me.
    Our coaches did not have this team prepared to play this game today.
    I love the Chiefs - but I don't love Weis. Not after this fiasco.
    SHUT IT

Until we can beat on people like the Patriots have down the stretch, I'll never call the Chiefs a "good" team. We're merely an average team with a creative coaching staff that finds ways to make a few players overachieve.
    Our 8 wins is a vast improvement over the last few years, I said that I'd be happy with 8 wins this year, and I am.
    On the other hand I must admit that I've been a bit disappointed with our play the last couple of weeks. This is when it should all be coming together and it seems the team is going in the opposite direction. Seeing Brady and the Pats on every sports page gets annoying but I gotta admit, those boys have been playing some ball and laying the wood to opposing teams. THAT'S how its gotta be done in December!
    Last edited by reded; 12-13-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    Until we can beat on people like the Patriots have down the stretch, I'll never call the Chiefs a "good" team. We're merely an average team with a creative coaching staff that finds ways to make a few players overachieve.
    Our 8 wins is a vast improvement over the last few years and I said that I'd be happy with 8 wins this year, and I am. On the other hand I must admit that I've been a bit disappointed with our play the last couple of weeks. This is when it should all be coming together and it seems the team is going in the opposite direction. Seeing Brady and the Pats on every sports page gets annoying but I gotta admit, those boys have been playing some ball and laying the wood to opposing teams. THAT'S how its gotta be done in December!
    Isnt that what coaches are suppose to do? Make players play better than what other people can? Look at the Patriots they make average players look good. Deion Branch is putting up numbers again now that he is back in New England but when he was in Seattle he fell off and people forgot about him.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by reded
    Our 8 wins is a vast improvement over the last few years and I said that I'd be happy with 8 wins this year, and I am. On the other hand I must admit that I've been a bit disappointed with our play the last couple of weeks. This is when it should all be coming together and it seems the team is going in the opposite direction. Seeing Brady and the Pats on every sports page gets annoying but I gotta admit, those boys have been playing some ball and laying the wood to opposing teams. THAT'S how its gotta be done in December!

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Isnt that what coaches are suppose to do? Make players play better than what other people can? Look at the Patriots they make average players look good. Deion Branch is putting up numbers again now that he is back in New England but when he was in Seattle he fell off and people forgot about him.
    A few being the key words there...my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    On the other hand I must admit that I've been a bit disappointed with our play the last couple of weeks. This is when it should all be coming together and it seems the team is going in the opposite direction. Seeing Brady and the Pats on every sports page gets annoying but I gotta admit, those boys have been playing some ball and laying the wood to opposing teams. THAT'S how its gotta be done in December!
    I am disappointed in our play this week. Last weeks win in Denver was about what I expected, a tough fought divisional contest...I was actually glad we won that game 10-6, because I think to win the SB you have to learn to win all sorts of different ways. I remember when the Rams beat an overachieving Bucs team 10-6 to get to their first Superbowl win.

I am not making too much out of this game. Still, I agree that I don't think we will contend for a Superbowl until next season.

I hope we can get the key guys we need in the draft this coming up year so we can get that run to the SB next year but I still would like atleast a playoff birth this year and swing for the fences.

Quote Originally Posted by lordchillz View Post
    Spare ourselves of injuries and come out hard and strong on the final 3 games! I know it sounds crazy but look at the stats of the game! The numbers dont lie! If you really think we're that bad with croyle alone then you might want to rethink your football ideals! It's ugly and horrible but at the same time if this loss pays off in the post season then you'll call them (coaches) geniuses! They would gladly take a loss to a game-behind opponent if it means getting your starting quarter back to return and the offensive weapons that got you here in the first place in the playoffs! You have to admit we need every single piece of offense to compete in the playoffs! The coaches are playing the numbers!
    This doesn't make any sense to me. We knew Cassel wasn't playing but why wouldn't they at least try to win with Brodie? How can this loss pay off in the post season? Because of this loss we might not even make the post season?

Quote Originally Posted by C Louie View Post
    This doesn't make any sense to me. We knew Cassel wasn't playing but why wouldn't they at least try to win with Brodie? How can this loss pay off in the post season? Because of this loss we might not even make the post season?
    its not like the Chiefs said they wernt going to win or try to win because Cassel was out. This is a business and people lose jobs over not winning games and I think Haley wouldn't be stupid to just call the game. Croyle only threw for 40 yards Sunday but if you remember Cassel only threw for like 60 yards in the first game. So they came out with the same game plan but we just couldn't execute.

Look guys, San Diego did EXACTLY what they said they were going to do. They loaded up the box to play the run and shut the run completely off.

This was huge because Croyle was simply not going to be able to play at any caliber through the air. He had one option, and that was to run.

We got beat. Cassel would not have stopped the loss we had, we might not have been shut out, but we would have been beaten, San Diego was up big for this game and we were not.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Look guys, San Diego did EXACTLY what they said they were going to do. They loaded up the box to play the run and shut the run completely off.

This was huge because Croyle was simply not going to be able to play at any caliber through the air. He had one option, and that was to run.

We got beat. Cassel would not have stopped the loss we had, we might not have been shut out, but we would have been beaten, San Diego was up big for this game and we were not.
    I agree San Diego played the game like it was do or die and the Chiefs played like this game didn't really matter. That is partly because we have a young team.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What about the other 12 games where we have been ranked #6 overall in offense, have the #1 rushing offense, Bowe leading the league in TDs and one of the better QBs in the league. If you are going to blame Weis for yesterday then its only fair to ive him credit for the offensive improvement. We were ranked near the bottom of the leage for the past three years were we not? Without Weis, we are having a weekly debate about why our offense sucks.
    I agree. I am a fan of Weiss for his season's work.

However, I think that it was painfully obvious that he failed to keep Croyle ready to play.

Croyle deserves plenty of blame. But he should have been involved with any discussion that Weiss had with Cassel, all year long.

It is speculation. Maybe Croyle was getting the appropriate attention all year, and just choked under the pressure.

But I think it is far more likely that Croyle was left out of alot of the QB teaching that has gone on this year, with Weiss and Cassel.

It sure did look like it to me.

Anyway.....

I am not shocked that we lost. Shocked at how we lost. But we are in a position that I was prepared to be in, after that game.

Hopefully Cassel will be ready to go next weekend. And Hopefully, Croyle will be ready next time he is needed.

Let's win this last road game, then have the division dependant upon our ability to win at Arrowhead.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast