Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Brodie just a loser?

Hybrid View

Default Is Brodie just a loser?

Let's face it the guy has not won a single game, is it all his fault no but he doesn't seem like a winner to me and never has. He looks great on paper though, he has a super strong arm and it looks nice when he throws the ball, yet he's still a loser. I've played sports nowhere near the level of the NFL but I have noticed negative people people that just don't try their hardest it catches on with the whole team. Despite what I have said about Cassel in the past I have never thought that he wasn't a competitive person he makes blocks, runs when he can, etc. Not only does this stuff help his team it also fires people up when you see a qb with a huge contract blocking LB's for their RB. I don't see this out of Croyle. Thigpen was not a good qb but he was a winner Croyle is neither, I think we need to get rid of him. Sometimes he can look good, but I think he's a loser and who knows maybe someone can work with him and he can get over his short comings but he doesn't fit here and never will.

I don't think he's a loser as a person. I don't think he has what it takes to be an NFL starting or back up QB. He's too injury prone, as well as other issues. He did well in college if memory is correct, but many who did well in college don't do well in the NFL, for one reason or another. Sometimes I think it's they can't make the emotional adjustment between playing for the NCAA & NFL.

I most definitely believe we need a more reliable back up QB.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I don't really think so. Aikman and Moon started off just as bad and they are HoF's. I don't think Croyle will be even close to those guys but I think he just needs more experience. Cassel sucked early in the year and everyone wanted him gone. He is now our savior. Croyle had a lot of pressure on him today to fill in for Cassel and he got no help from receivers or his O line or even his coaches..
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I don't really think so. Aikman and Moon started off just as bad and they are HoF's. I don't think Croyle will be even close to those guys but I think he just needs more experience. Cassel sucked early in the year and everyone wanted him gone. He is now our savior. Croyle had a lot of pressure on him today to fill in for Cassel and he got no help from receivers or his O line or even his coaches..
    I wouldn't compare Cassel to Croyle because they had different teams, (however I do think Cassel is much better) but Thigpen took over after Croyle got hurt and had much more success and I wouldn't call Thigpen a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I wouldn't compare Cassel to Croyle because they had different teams, (however I do think Cassel is much better) but Thigpen took over after Croyle got hurt and had much more success and I wouldn't call Thigpen a good QB.
    Because Thigpen fit that team much better since he was a scrambler and played out of the pistol formation. He barely won any games anyway
    It starts with the Offensive line

Because Thigpen fit that team much better since he was a scrambler and played out of the pistol formation. He barely won any games anyway
    And he had an offensive coordinater that game-planned around him. Not quite the case today.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And he had an offensive coordinater that game-planned around him. Not quite the case today.
    What he said.

Watching the game today I could have sworn that Herm was still here.

What a pathetic joke the whole thing was.... it was like the coaching staff conceded the game before it even started.

He's still injury prone, no matter his QB skills. I'd like to see us have someone with reliability and skill, including leadership...like we did in Gannon or Mike Livingston.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

This was Croyle's first start in over a year and it was only his second start in over 2 years and he did so against the top ranked defense in the league. Croyle didn't play well today, but neither did our entire team or coaching staff.

To pin this loss solely on Croyle is ridiculous, we're a run first team and today we couldn't even muster 50 yards on the ground, That hurt us more offensively than anything else.

As far as backup QBs go, I think we could be much worse off. Croyle comes for a good price and seems like a good person. I hope we keep him around.

Let's not forget, San Diego is the #1 defense in the NFL, playing at home and they were clearly more fired than the Chiefs were. That defense made Peyton Manning look like crap a couple of weeks ago too.

I lay a lot of the blame for today on the coaching staff. The Chiefs didn't look ready to play. Weis never really let Croyle cut loose with the ball and San Diego was prepared to shut down the run. Had the play calling been to open up the passing game early, the running game probably would have been more effective.

While I am not ready to completely give up on Croyle, he HAS to show he has what it takes at some point.

One thing I am really happy about, with the way SD's defense played today, I am glad it wasn't Cassel out there because he probably wouldn't have fared that much better. As it stands, we can kind of write today's game off to Croyle's play and at the same time, Cassel's confidence isn't wrecked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast