Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Let's keep this in perspective

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Let's keep this in perspective


    0 Not allowed!
    Well, todays game sucked. It was the most frustrating game of the season, so far. Even worse than the Denver game because San Diego's players did some sort of dance for every gain of more than four yards (and there were a lot of those). I really dislike the Chargers more than the Broncos or the Raiders because I swear they are the most arrogant bunch of SOB's I've ever seen for team that is still only 7-6 and never has won anything.

    Still, like it or not, San Diego came out and played like a team, at home, with its back against the wall. We played like a team that didn't necessarily need this game and was playing without its starting QB.

    I will say that I thought the offensive play calling was horrid. I had hoped our first play was going to be a play-action pass streak to Turner or someone...even if it had been incomplete it might of set some sort of tone. Instead, it appeared we were going to "protect" Croyle as if he was a rookie playing his first game. Outside of the two minute drill, we attempted only two first down passes in the first three quarters. Both wound up being sacks. I know some fans aren't big supporters of Cassel, but for whatever reason, the offense certainly didn't have its swagger today and Croyle actually managed to put up worse numbers than Cassel did in the season opener against San Diego.

    HOWEVER - the Good news is that none of this matters. The Chiefs are still the same team that they were going into today's game. A first place team that is overachieving and still has some holes that won't get filled this season. Ultimately, if the Chiefs win there next three games (two of which are at home) they are in the playoffs. I think our toughest challenge will actually be on the road this week in St. Louis. I know we have the Raiders to potentially play spoiler in week 17, but that is at home and I think we match up well against them. In between, we're home against a Titans team that is fading like a flower. Get Cassel back, I see no reason why we don't win the next three games and get in.

    For what it worth - and you heard it here first - I also believe Denver will upset San Diego (in Denver) in week 17.

    So - long story short (I know, too late!) - while this week sucked, we still control our own destiny. Win three games we are expected to win and get in.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Well, todays game sucked. It was the most frustrating game of the season, so far. Even worse than the Denver game because San Diego's players did some sort of dance for every gain of more than four yards (and there were a lot of those). I really dislike the Chargers more than the Broncos or the Raiders because I swear they are the most arrogant bunch of SOB's I've ever seen for team that is still only 7-6 and never has won anything.

    Still, like it or not, San Diego came out and played like a team, at home, with its back against the wall. We played like a team that didn't necessarily need this game and was playing without its starting QB.

    I will say that I thought the offensive play calling was horrid. I had hoped our first play was going to be a play-action pass streak to Turner or someone...even if it had been incomplete it might of set some sort of tone. Instead, it appeared we were going to "protect" Croyle as if he was a rookie playing his first game. Outside of the two minute drill, we attempted only two first down passes in the first three quarters. Both wound up being sacks. I know some fans aren't big supporters of Cassel, but for whatever reason, the offense certainly didn't have its swagger today and Croyle actually managed to put up worse numbers than Cassel did in the season opener against San Diego.

    HOWEVER - the Good news is that none of this matters. The Chiefs are still the same team that they were going into today's game. A first place team that is overachieving and still has some holes that won't get filled this season. Ultimately, if the Chiefs win there next three games (two of which are at home) they are in the playoffs. I think our toughest challenge will actually be on the road this week in St. Louis. I know we have the Raiders to potentially play spoiler in week 17, but that is at home and I think we match up well against them. In between, we're home against a Titans team that is fading like a flower. Get Cassel back, I see no reason why we don't win the next three games and get in.

    For what it worth - and you heard it here first - I also believe Denver will upset San Diego (in Denver) in week 17.

    So - long story short (I know, too late!) - while this week sucked, we still control our own destiny. Win three games we are expected to win and get in.

    I agree with that. It's like we came into the game just hopeing to keep it close and have a chance to win it in the end. The old Herm Edwards game plan. It worked about as well today as it did in 08.That's not not excuseing the whole offense or the D. But I do think that was a factor in what happend.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree with that. It's like we came into the game just hopeing to keep it close and have a chance to win it in the end. The old Herm Edwards game plan. It worked about as well today as it did in 08.That's not not excuseing the whole offense or the D. But I do think that was a factor in what happend.
    Yeah now that you mention it - it sure did feel like an 2007 game (more so than an 2008, when we mostly threw it with Thigpen)...run, run, screen, punt.

    Worse was that the Chargers were begging us to throw on 1st and 2nd down, regularly walking Weddell up into the box...I think if Cassel were healthy he would have lit them up for 300 yards...thought they probably wouldn't have walked Weddell up, either.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Yeah now that you mention it - it sure did feel like an 2007 game (more so than an 2008, when we mostly threw it with Thigpen)...run, run, screen, punt.

    Worse was that the Chargers were begging us to throw on 1st and 2nd down, regularly walking Weddell up into the box...I think if Cassel were healthy he would have lit them up for 300 yards...thought they probably wouldn't have walked Weddell up, either.
    I'm not sure even if Cassel would of been able to do that because Weigmann, and Richardson just got ate up on the line it was depressing. I don't know what Richardson's deal is but he is starting to regress from his progress earlier in the season.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I'm not sure even if Cassel would of been able to do that because Weigmann, and Richardson just got ate up on the line it was depressing. I don't know what Richardson's deal is but he is starting to regress from his progress earlier in the season.
    I kind of think our offensive line is a little over-rated. I think we have made it happen by using Charles ridiculous speed so that our guys don't have to hold their blocks as long. If we didn't have Charles and only had Jones, we certainly wouldn't be the running team that we are.

    I like Wiegmann, but I think the fact that he is playing of Niswanger is more a statement of how bad Niswanger is at this point. Wiegmann is still undersized and gets blown up by larger players. Then Richardson is inconsistent and can't handle quicker players off the edge. We still need help on the O-line, WR and LB, IMO. I am not sure that Richardson's or Wiegmann's arrows are pointing up at this time...

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I kind of think our offensive line is a little over-rated. I think we have made it happen by using Charles ridiculous speed so that our guys don't have to hold their blocks as long. If we didn't have Charles and only had Jones, we certainly wouldn't be the running team that we are.

    I like Wiegmann, but I think the fact that he is playing of Niswanger is more a statement of how bad Niswanger is at this point. Wiegmann is still undersized and gets blown up by larger players. Then Richardson is inconsistent and can't handle quicker players off the edge. We still need help on the O-line, WR and LB, IMO. I am not sure that Richardson's or Wiegmann's arrows are pointing up at this time...
    I think your right that their arrows arn't pointing up. I like Casey when he was with us the first time but I think he is just getting to old to really be a productive lineman. The trenches are tough on those guys and especially if they have been doing it as long as casey has been.

Similar Threads

  1. future from outsiders perspective
    By b-dolo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
  2. I love reading how bad the Chiefs from the perspective of an outsider....
    By jerhart in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 03:34 PM
  3. Perspective
    By DrunkHillbilly in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 01:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •