Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sal Alosi Trip - punishment too harsh?

Default Sal Alosi Trip - punishment too harsh?

The NFL suspended New York Jets strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping of Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll on Sunday. He was also fined $25,000.

Some people feel that his punishment is too harsh while others think it should be more severe.. what are your thoughts?
    Feel the rush...

I definitely don't think it was too harsh...What if he had blown that guy's knee out? Things like this shouldn't be taken lightly.

When your a gunner on the punt team your at the bottom of the list on the team, and if your at the bottom of the list you don't need anybody to help you get you cut from the team, because if that guy would of really got injured the dolphins would probably cut him so I dont think it was harsh but it gives the Jets a bad wrap as an organization. As a strength coach you train guys to get tougher and stronger why would you want to hurt a player? That dude should be ashamed of himself

Not too harsh at all. As everyone has pointed out...that's just not acceptable! It had a huge possiblity of causing a major injury.
    It's a rough sport no doubt! The players should NOT have to worry about someone who is NOT in the field of play. They have enough to worry about with the guys who are supposed to be on the field trying to take them out....
    IMO
    **ChiefsChick**

spot on

No, not too harsh.

...That is all.

With a name like Sal Alosi, what else would you expect?

Not too harsh at all, in fact, I would say not harsh enough.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout200 View Post

The NFL suspended New York Jets strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping of Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll on Sunday. He was also fined $25,000.

Some people feel that his punishment is too harsh while others think it should be more severe.. what are your thoughts?
    They are saying now that it was planned that he was going to trip the gunner. Do the Jets suck that bad that they have to play 11 on 10 on PR?

if you look close to the picture he is bracing his right foot against that other guys foot.

Not harsh. I would have fired him. Thats classless, and I don't want classless coaches or players on my team. Thats one of the advantages to being a Chiefs fan.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast