Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come on Todd, look where we are!

Default Come on Todd, look where we are!

I am a huge Todd Haley fan, except when he is doing interviews or press conferences. I would love to have Haley's game plan with Rex Ryan's mouth.

Sometimes the only thing Haley seems to be certain of, is that we are not a good team. In this most recent article on ESPN, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5918237 Haley has his usual quote of "we are not a good team" and look where we are. There are three winnable games to go and the playoffs in our hands. Our only losses are to the Colts, Texans, Broncos (Split),Chargers (split) and Raiders (we will split).

What would Rex Ryan be saying right now?
    Listen fellas, we got smacked that game. Smacked in the mouth. We know what we got to do and that is win these three games. We can win this division and we are still a great team. "
    I still love Haley's coaching style better, but the coach speak drone's on. We are on the verge of a historic turnaround from last year. It is time to get fired up and show some excitement and tell the world we are a team to be reckoned with. I am not saying this type of boring, negative talk is the reason we saw a lackluster performance Sunday, but there is a point of motivation the coaching staff can spread through the media. All of that ""quarters in a season", and we are not a good team yet " talk is fine for the pre season, but now we are all up in it!

The finish line is near and it is win or go home! Let’s start acting like it!

this is how i feel about our season

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    I am a huge Todd Haley fan, except when he is doing interviews or press conferences. I would love to have Haley's game plan with Rex Ryan's mouth.

Sometimes the only thing Haley seems to be certain of, is that we are not a good team. In this most recent article on ESPN, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5918237 Haley has his usual quote of "we are not a good team" and look where we are. There are three winnable games to go and the playoffs in our hands. Our only losses are to the Colts, Texans, Broncos (Split),Chargers (split) and Raiders (we will split).

Listen fellas, we got smacked that game. Smacked in the mouth. We know what we got to do and that is win these three games. We can win this division and we are still a great team. "
    I still love Haley's coaching style better, but the coach speak drone's on. We are on the verge of a historic turnaround from last year. It is time to get fired up and show some excitement and tell the world we are a team to be reckoned with. I am not saying this type of boring, negative talk is the reason we saw a lackluster performance Sunday, but there is a point of motivation the coaching staff can spread through the media. All of that ""quarters in a season", and we are not a good team yet " talk is fine for the pre season, but now we are all up in it!

I think it is the whole Patriots thing. Haley is not going to give anyone anything that could be used as fodder to motivate our opponents. I kind of agree with that.

I think Rex Ryan will be out of a job in a couple of years because I think the high energy act wears out pretty quickly with players. Also, there is no reason to go out of your way to make sure that every team on your schedule will be up to play you. Potentially, the Chiefs could have 2 of the last 3 against teams who have nothing to play for (Titans and possibly the Raiders), no sense in giving them something to be excited about by saying we are going to go out and beat them...

Haley may be the most boring interview I have ever heard, but he is a smart football coach...

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I think it is the whole Patriots thing. Haley is not going to give anyone anything that could be used as fodder to motivate our opponents. I kind of agree with that.

I think Rex Ryan will be out of a job in a couple of years because I think the high energy act wears out pretty quickly with players. Also, there is no reason to go out of your way to make sure that every team on your schedule will be up to play you. Potentially, the Chiefs could have 2 of the last 3 against teams who have nothing to play for (Titans and possibly the Raiders), no sense in giving them something to be excited about by saying we are going to go out and beat them...

Haley may be the most boring interview I have ever heard, but he is a smart football coach...
    I understand that and my point is quit saying we are not a good team. Saying they are not a good team tells them they are a bad team and that can affect the physique

I understand that and my point is quit saying we are not a good team. Saying they are not a good team tells them they are a bad team and that can affect the physique
    I disagree, I think it is like a carrot he is dangling. They want to hear him say it, so it keeps them working hard.

Also, I have to say that I agree with him. I don't think we are a good team, yet. We are a fair team. We can't win consistently on the road and much of our 8-5 record has come from beating up on losing teams. Good teams can beat other teams with winning records and can win on the road.

To date, only two of our eight wins are against winning teams and those were both at home. Granted we have only played four teams with winning records but still, it is undeniable that part of our 8-5 record is the benefit of a really soft schedule. Otherwise, we are 6-3 against teams with losing records and only 2-3 against teams with losing records on the road.

So, in my mind, decent team? Yes. Improving team? Absolutely. Good team? not quite.

Tell the Chiefs they are good team and maybe they think they have "arrived", yet, clearly that is not the case.

He is being honest with them. We are not a good team. Didn't Sunday prove that to you. Having Cassel would not have made a difference. Our OL was dominated. Until the OL among other things is fixed we will not be a good team. We are a improved team, headed in the right direction.

You have got to see what Rex Ryan's mouth has gotten his team. His mouth has put a bullseye on his team because he said they were going to be the Super Bowl champs. His mouth got him a beat down by the Patriots who could of let off the gas but decided not to because Rex had been running his mouth all season. I mean I think sometimes running your mouth can do more harm on your team than good.

I myself love that Haley does that. The worst thing that an NFL coach can do is talk about how good his team is. That just mentaly allows the players to lay back a bit. And they will do it. It's human nature. I think it's a great move for him to refuse to say that this is a good team. Maybe he doesn't have to say it as often as he does. But I like that he won't say that we are a good team. And hey lets face it we have a soft secdule this season. Playing the NFC West makes a lot of teams look better then what they are.

While I agree with your assessment about Haley's boring interviews, I do not agree that he should be more like Rex Ryan. That guy is a total Douchbag. Thinks he is hotter than hell. I hate loud coaches.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    this is how i feel about our season

Agreed! Way disappointed in the last game, but am happy with how the season has gone to this point overall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast