Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst rule in the NFL......

Default Worst rule in the NFL......

I would have to say its the TD catches. With the rule stating that the player has to maintain possession of the ball all the way til the play ends.

So say the WR catches the ball, gets 2 feet in bounds, falls down, and the ball come lose, its incomplete and no TD.

That being said, it makes no sense that if that SAME catch occurred at the 50 yard line, it would be ruled a catch.

I think the rule should be the SAME no matter where you are on the field.

My take on it, the NFL changes the rule back to how it was. The NFL FAILED by bringing that rule into effect this year and screwed over a couple teams and outcomes.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Actually you're wrong. If you catch the football at the 50 yard line, get 2 feet inbounds, fall to the ground, and then hit the ground causing the ball to come loose, ITS A CATCH. The whole "the ground can't cause a fumble" rule comes into effect. That rule is ONLY enforced for TD catches.

if you dont control the ball through the act of catch inbound or not its not a catch.

50 yard line or endzone makes no diff. You cant bobble it while going out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    if you dont control the ball through the act of catch inbound or not its not a catch.

50 yard line or endzone makes no diff. You cant bobble it while going out of bounds.
    Yeah - I am pretty sure this is right. You have to complete the catch throughout anywhere...

the ground can't cause a fumble but it can cause an incomplete pass...no matter what part of the field you are on. if you have complete control, get both feet down , tuck the ball away, then go out of bounds its a catch.....if you are diving for it, drag both feet in bounds, fall out of bounds and the ball comes loose when you hit the ground, well shes' a no catch!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

But then, I don't like the fact that if you touch anyone's face as any of the other twenty one people on the field, it's a penalty, but as the running back, it's just a "good stiff arm".
    I never much cared for that myself.
    And can you more intentionally ground the ball than to spike it to stop the clock? Either intentionally grounding the ball is or isn't a penalty between the tackles...
    The reason for intentional grounding is that normally was a method of a QB trying to avoid a sack and subsequent loss of yards. If you take away the spike to stop the clock by penalizing it, the end of most games will become boring and unexciting. The spike really falls under a special circumstance of time management, if you don't like the spike perhaps something could be worked out where the spike is called and the down is sacrificed for a clock stoppage. I would be against any such move for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    the ground can't cause a fumble but it can cause an incomplete pass...no matter what part of the field you are on. if you have complete control, get both feet down , tuck the ball away, then go out of bounds its a catch.....if you are diving for it, drag both feet in bounds, fall out of bounds and the ball comes loose when you hit the ground, well shes' a no catch!
    I've seen it 3 times so far this season.......
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

^ its been a media induced frenzy this year, trying to induce people to ***** about it so they have something to talk about, creating controversy = ratings.

The rule is the same anywhere on the field.

I really do not like the ball breaks the goal line plane it is a TD, For a Touchdown! The ball should be all the way in the end zone, if a FG touches the uprights in any way, it should be 3 points, but it is not.

if you have to have possession to catch a ball for a td you should need possess the ball running it in as well

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    if you have to have possession to catch a ball for a td you should need possess the ball running it in as well
    I agree
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I agree
    how do we get on the rules committee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast