Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worst rule in the NFL......

Default Worst rule in the NFL......

I would have to say its the TD catches. With the rule stating that the player has to maintain possession of the ball all the way til the play ends.

So say the WR catches the ball, gets 2 feet in bounds, falls down, and the ball come lose, its incomplete and no TD.

That being said, it makes no sense that if that SAME catch occurred at the 50 yard line, it would be ruled a catch.

I think the rule should be the SAME no matter where you are on the field.

My take on it, the NFL changes the rule back to how it was. The NFL FAILED by bringing that rule into effect this year and screwed over a couple teams and outcomes.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Most of the rules tagged by this guy at crucial moments of critical games. This sucker is a pro at setting games. Philly, Green Bay, Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas... but more specifically if the Broncos or Colts need a call... he's reffing the game, I can't stand him. Not what you meant, I know...

Terry McAulay

Last edited by KristofLaw; 12-22-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I really do not like the ball breaks the goal line plane it is a TD, For a Touchdown! The ball should be all the way in the end zone, if a FG touches the uprights in any way, it should be 3 points, but it is not.
    Let me clarify my point here, what I meant to say is, if the ball breaks the goal line it is considered a touchdown, so then by that standard, if the ball on a field goal kick touches the goal post, it should count as good. So to me, the ball should be completely in the end zone to count as a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Let me clarify my point here, what I meant to say is, if the ball breaks the goal line it is considered a touchdown, so then by that standard, if the ball on a field goal kick touches the goal post, it should count as good. So to me, the ball should be completely in the end zone to count as a TD.
    There shouldn't even be that white line in front of the endzone anyways. Its pointless.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234