Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst rule in the NFL......

Default Worst rule in the NFL......

I would have to say its the TD catches. With the rule stating that the player has to maintain possession of the ball all the way til the play ends.

So say the WR catches the ball, gets 2 feet in bounds, falls down, and the ball come lose, its incomplete and no TD.

That being said, it makes no sense that if that SAME catch occurred at the 50 yard line, it would be ruled a catch.

I think the rule should be the SAME no matter where you are on the field.

My take on it, the NFL changes the rule back to how it was. The NFL FAILED by bringing that rule into effect this year and screwed over a couple teams and outcomes.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I would have to say its the TD catches. With the rule stating that the player has to maintain possession of the ball all the way til the play ends.

So say the WR catches the ball, gets 2 feet in bounds, falls down, and the ball come lose, its incomplete and no TD.

That being said, it makes no sense that if that SAME catch occurred at the 50 yard line, it would be ruled a catch.

I think the rule should be the SAME no matter where you are on the field.

My take on it, the NFL changes the rule back to how it was. The NFL FAILED by bringing that rule into effect this year and screwed over a couple teams and outcomes.
    It seems like the NFL is trying to control every little thing. They don't want these guys to play the game or effect the outcome of a game they would rather put it in the refs hands.

I can't argue against ya on that one.

But I'll add.....

Any penalty that includes an "automatic first down".

Are there any penalties that result in an automatic fourth down?

Those penalties, as well as the length of PI penalties were put in place to compete with the high scoring games of Arena Football.

Problem is, arena football is retarded. There was no reason to compete for most retarded.

The NFL was a whole lot better when it wasn't being penalized to help offenses.

That's my opinion, anyway. I like defense.

I don't like penalties for excessive celebrations. If it delays the game, call a delay of game. If the celebration is profane, throw unsportsmanlike conduct.

Not a huge fan of spot fouls like DPI

I don't like the league cracking down on hard hitting. Leading with your helmet is just plain wrong, but hitting someone hard is a great part of the game that fans, coaches, announcers, and so on like. To quote Gene Hackman from "The Replacements"--- "That's why girls don't play the game."

But then, I don't like the fact that if you touch anyone's face as any of the other twenty one people on the field, it's a penalty, but as the running back, it's just a "good stiff arm".

And can you more intentionally ground the ball than to spike it to stop the clock? Either intentionally grounding the ball is or isn't a penalty between the tackles...

worte rule for me is that you cant challenge PI calls.. thats BS

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    That is crap, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

But I'll add.....

Those penalties, as well as the length of PI penalties were put in place to compete with the high scoring games of Arena Football.

Problem is, arena football is retarded. There was no reason to compete for most retarded.

I don't like the auto 1st downs either. Unless the yardage is enough I don't think it should be a 1st.

I do like that they put the ball at the spot of the foul on PI. It would reward a defender for commiting a penalty if they didn't on some plays. I like the PI rules myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I don't disagree but I don't think we will ever see it where you can. If they open that up then they will have to open up were you can challange any peanlty call I really don't want to see holding call challanged during a game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

But I'll add.....

Intentional grounding on third down.

teh touchdown rule is fine.

If it was a catch in the reguler field of play you would have to control it the same difference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast