Thread: game time decision for Cassel

Default game time decision for Cassel

The decision whether Matt Cassel will play Sunday in a critical game in St. Louis will be made prior to the game, the team said.

Cassel was limited in practice Friday as he was all week. He is listed as questionable. Cassel missed last week’s 31-0 loss at San Diego after he had an appendectomy Dec. 17. The Chiefs said the team’s medical staff will evaluate Cassel before making a final decision.

None of this is surprising. It was never a sure thing that Cassel would play against the Rams. But it was a good sign that Cassel practiced all week.

It is clear the Chiefs want Cassel to play, and it could be simply playing it safe. Thursday, ESPN medical expert Dr. Michael Kaplan said on "SportsCenter" that as long as Cassel’s abdomen was properly protected and Cassel could comfortably move side to side, he could likely play.

I think unless there is a setback, Cassel will try to play. Perhaps he will be pulled if there is discomfort, but I think Cassel will do all he can to get on the field.

If not, Brodie Croyle will get his second straight start, Croyle threw for 40 yards in the loss to San Diego. The Chiefs have a half-game lead over San Diego in the AFC West.

The team knows how important it is for Cassel to play. Yet, the Chiefs also know how important it is that Cassel is healthy before he plays. That’s why this decision is going to be made Sunday.

I really hope he is ready to play.

I am thinking he may be rushing but I base that only on the Ben Roethlisberger situation when he had his. He missed to full game from it.... and this is the same guy that played with his nose over on the side of his face the entire Ravens game so it is unlikely he was being soft with his apendectomy.

Bottom line even if cassell plays he wont be 100% and it could really effect his performance. I truly hate the situation that we are in and it can only make on think that the football gods have it out for us with the timing of this whole thing.

So even if SD wins out which with the way they are playing is a safe bet... We can lose to STL and still win our two home games to tie their record but then how does it work after that.... Divisional Record? Points? this is a grey area for me...

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I am thinking he may be rushing but I base that only on the Ben Roethlisberger situation when he had his. He missed to full game from it.... and this is the same guy that played with his nose over on the side of his face the entire Ravens game so it is unlikely he was being soft with his apendectomy.

Bottom line even if cassell plays he wont be 100% and it could really effect his performance. I truly hate the situation that we are in and it can only make on think that the football gods have it out for us with the timing of this whole thing.

So even if SD wins out which with the way they are playing is a safe bet... We can lose to STL and still win our two home games to tie their record but then how does it work after that.... Divisional Record? Points? this is a grey area for me...
    If they end up with a tie, Chargers win the tie-breaker. Chiefs must finish with a better record to win the division and make the playoffs.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I hope that Cassell is ready to go Sunday there is no doubt that we are a better team when he is in there. If Brodie has to start again I do think we will see a better effort out of him but we really need Cassell out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    If they end up with a tie, Chargers win the tie-breaker. Chiefs must finish with a better record to win the division and make the playoffs.
    I guess i am just not sure how they determine it... we are both 2-3 in our division. And if we beat oak at home and they lose to den at mile high then we could still potentially tie but have a better divisional record. cause we split our two meetings with them this year.

If we lose to STL and then win out and the chargers win out as well. They will win the tie breaker because they would have a better records vs. common opponents

He needs to start if he is ineffective you can always go to Croyle just can't wait to long and defense needs to step up here to keep it close until you can figure out if Cassel can do it.

Go

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLadyGaga View Post
    If we lose to STL and then win out and the chargers win out as well. They will win the tie breaker because they would have a better records vs. common opponents