Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: today turned me into a Cassel fan

Default today turned me into a Cassel fan

Ive been rather critical of the Cassel in recent games, and ill still maintain that hes deserved it. After coming back just what 11 days now from an appendectomy procedure and barely practicing late in the week, he comes out on the field and starts leading his team like a true QB. Hes finally learning to step INTO the pocket, look over the whole field and for god sakes he can scramble and rush! I couldnt have been more proud of him to stretch his legs out a few of those plays and scramble for first downs and taking the hits. He was doing well enough that i actually laughed at the wildly overthrown screen pass and not get all pissed off. Hes got some serious heart, and now that hes shown that he also can learn and adapt hes looking SHARP! didnt care that he threw an INT. i didnt care even as i saw it happen. His pocket presence was ace today and the throws downfield were precise!

Ive come to expect GOOD things from Cassel since a few weeks ago in each game. the game against the chargers shows just how sad this team can be without the a strong lead man in the trenches with them. The rams arent exactly the biggest threat in the NFL but this was definitely not a gimme game and we couldnt have won without a stellar QB performance.

i just gotta shoot love out to jamaal charles too. man is he such a fun player to watch. got me nervous as hell though seeing him down twice. particularly after that breakout 80 yarder (which was poetry to watch as well!).

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I'm glad we are on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    There is still something missing.

I have been a Cassel fan and still am, I have been critical of him sometimes and rightfully so. There is still something missing.

Maybe it is the receivers, maybe Cassel is just a little late with his reads and throws, we just do not seem to be seeing those clear in the open passes that you see from Great quarterbacks.

All of our complete passes seem to be very physical affairs as if either the receivers were not able to get open, or the defenders were able to identify the intended target and get into coverage before the ball was in the receiver's vacinity.

Something i think we need to improve upon.
    A lot of it is because of the WR. I mean when Bowe got seperation deep down the sideline against the Rams Cassel threw a perfect ball. When the recievers help Cassel out he can make the throws that great QBs can make IMO

I agree about Cassel. I live in New England & they love Cassel here. I knew he was tough after getting sacked so many times last year. I never seen him complain. He just dusted himself off & got back into the huddle. Cassel is a soild QB & I'm glad we have him!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    In Bowes defense all those illegal procedures wernt just on Bowe and I believe that Moeaki ran the wrong route when him and Bowe got mixed up with each other. I think Bowe just needs a #1 WR to take all the pressure off him
    I know the announcers seemed to think Moeaki ran the wrong route, but who really knows? Just the guys on the team. Bowe has been known for running wrong routes all season long and while I am not saying Moeaki is perfect, you don't really see his name called so much for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Wait...

We hate Bowe again?

Good luck with that, guys. I am staying put on this one. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Wait...

We hate Bowe again?

Good luck with that, guys. I am staying put on this one. I like him.
    I like him too, but he does frustrate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Me as well. He can make you say WOW in a good way and a bad way. But I do think he is a very important part of our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    If it's 3rd and 18 and we need a TD, I'd throw it to Bowe. If it's 3rd and 4 and we need to move the chains, I wouldn't even look at his side of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If it's 3rd and 18 and we need a TD, I'd throw it to Bowe. If it's 3rd and 4 and we need to move the chains, I wouldn't even look at his side of the field.

Good point; I don't know if it's some kind of mental thing with him or what, but I sure wish he could get whatever the problem is worked out.

his problem is all upstairs because I know that dude has all the talent in the world he just needs to get his mind right and stop getting distracted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast