Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: today turned me into a Cassel fan

Default today turned me into a Cassel fan

Ive been rather critical of the Cassel in recent games, and ill still maintain that hes deserved it. After coming back just what 11 days now from an appendectomy procedure and barely practicing late in the week, he comes out on the field and starts leading his team like a true QB. Hes finally learning to step INTO the pocket, look over the whole field and for god sakes he can scramble and rush! I couldnt have been more proud of him to stretch his legs out a few of those plays and scramble for first downs and taking the hits. He was doing well enough that i actually laughed at the wildly overthrown screen pass and not get all pissed off. Hes got some serious heart, and now that hes shown that he also can learn and adapt hes looking SHARP! didnt care that he threw an INT. i didnt care even as i saw it happen. His pocket presence was ace today and the throws downfield were precise!

Ive come to expect GOOD things from Cassel since a few weeks ago in each game. the game against the chargers shows just how sad this team can be without the a strong lead man in the trenches with them. The rams arent exactly the biggest threat in the NFL but this was definitely not a gimme game and we couldnt have won without a stellar QB performance.

i just gotta shoot love out to jamaal charles too. man is he such a fun player to watch. got me nervous as hell though seeing him down twice. particularly after that breakout 80 yarder (which was poetry to watch as well!).

I'm a fan. Cassel is a gamer.
    SHUT IT

I was a Cassel fan before today.

There are a lot of players on this team that I really like. We need to get a long term deal done for Hali.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There are a lot of players on this team that I really like. We need to get a long term deal done for Hali.
    Agreed! I also liked how Chambers finally showed up big today. I like Bowe, but he continues to frustrate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed! I also liked how Chambers finally showed up big today. I like Bowe, but he continues to frustrate me.
    I think they should deal Bowe now while he has value. IMO, he has reached his full potential.

I liked Cassel before yesterday but he is a leader for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I think they should deal Bowe now while he has value. IMO, he has reached his full potential.
    True; as long as it's not another AFC West team. Knowing our luck, though, whoever we get for him will end up being a bust while he goes on to be a franchise player somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

Me as well. A couple of monthes ago I said that he was not a real number 1 WR in the NFL. He got hot and made me rethink it. But now I am leaning that way again. He is to inconsitant to be a true number 1 WR IMO. But I do think that he is a good NFL WR.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Me as well. A couple of monthes ago I said that he was not a real number 1 WR in the NFL. He got hot and made me rethink it. But now I am leaning that way again. He is to inconsitant to be a true number 1 WR IMO. But I do think that he is a good NFL WR.

I guess it is what it is. I know that even the best of consistent NFL receivers will have a dropped ball here and there, but it's difficult to know just which Bowe will show up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast