Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Power Rankings

Default New Power Rankings

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Go Chiefs !go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs!
    Go Chiefs !go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As a Cubs fan and someone who knows a s***load of other Cub fans, I can tell you that yes...we get very salty about the organizations failures to address certain obvious defeiciencies with the team.

But that isn't every Cubs fan. As with any sports teams fans, some can stay positive, no matter how bleak the outlook, while others are less forgiving to the teams mistakes.

I, for one, am generally very critical of my team, but I also get salty when hearing others bash them. Not so much other fans of the same team, but T.V. analysts and other teams fans.

Living in central Illinois, there are large numbers of fans of, both, the Cubs and the hated St. Louis Cardinals. That rivalry strengthens the commitment that each partys fans have.

Yeah, the Cardinals won a world series last year...(Crap-assed team that that was.) But the Cubs owned the Cardinals in head-to-head play. Just something to use against Cardinal fans. Eventhough the Cubs sucked last season, we had to keep our chins up.

That is why, during the off-season, I am very negative about the Chiefs, while during the season, I tend to be alot more optimistic. I also tend to share my angst about my team, with other fans of my team. Because they usually share those concerns.

Some fans tend to be more optimistic than others, but each wants the team to do well, no matter what. Some are led by blind faith, while others see the team while considering that some things should have been done differently, therefore holding some animosity toward the team. Then, there are those who just want the team to better tommorrow and are willing to sacrifice a season, just to achieve that goal. They too tend to be highly critical of the team, in what appears to be a "rooting against them" way.

Either way, it is juvenile to suggest that a fan of your team is not a "real", or "true" fan. If that person is a regular, on a board like this, negative, or not, then odds are that they want us to win.

I saw that the definition of the word "fan" was posted, but where is the definition of a "true/real fan"?

I would suggest that there are different types of Chiefs fans. Each kind of fan being "real/true".

(This, from the teachings of chiefster, regarding "peace-keeper techniques.)

Your point about fans being able to be critical and not the media is what I have been trying to get across this whole time! As you said, we have some people on here that think the only way to be a "real fan" (whatever that means ) is to never say a bad word about them. I feel just the opposite! Fans should ***** and moan when thier team is in a 38 year funk!! Being sarcastic to a point but I think you get my drift. I love the ole 10 win seasons. It just seems we have gone backwards in the last several years. One year we are winning 13 games and the next year, we do nothing to help get us over the hump! I continue to cheer my *** off every Sunday, don't get me wrong! Very sore throat on Monday mornings and my dogs ears hurt but I also feel I have the right to voice whatever opinion I have and say what I think the team needs to do. I think that is what everybody does....isn't it? Very good post by the way!

What jackass started this thread??? We should kick him off the board. Anyone who wants to post something so controversial that would bring chiefs fans to blows is...

what?

I started it?

Um, as I was saying:
    Let's all focus on the positive. Die hard Chiefs fanatacism.

I am the first in line to be labled a "homer", because believe or not - I still see 10-6 as a remote possiblility. A 9-7 record with the AFC West title a probability.

Why? numbers don't tell the story. Everyone on this board, even the ones that say the Chiefs have big problems, will probably be agree, every game this year can be divided into 2 parts: 1) run-run-safe pass-punt, and 2) well-balanced offense. When we are in mode 2, guess what? WE MOVE THE BALL & PUT UP POINTS. Mode 1 --> season over.

This is why I personally think the power rankings should have us higher. Because if we come balanced, the offense is better than where it is ranked now.

Problems? sure. better than 25th - damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Your point about fans being able to be critical and not the media is what I have been trying to get across this whole time! As you said, we have some people on here that think the only way to be a "real fan" (whatever that means ) is to never say a bad word about them. I feel just the opposite! Fans should ***** and moan when thier team is in a 38 year funk!! Being sarcastic to a point but I think you get my drift. I love the ole 10 win seasons. It just seems we have gone backwards in the last several years. One year we are winning 13 games and the next year, we do nothing to help get us over the hump! I continue to cheer my *** off every Sunday, don't get me wrong! Very sore throat on Monday mornings and my dogs ears hurt but I also feel I have the right to voice whatever opinion I have and say what I think the team needs to do. I think that is what everybody does....isn't it? Very good post by the way!
    I agree. (I have to take a shower, as soon as this post is concluded.) I not only think that is o.k. to criticize your own team, but I think that it is a good thing. When the fans, as a group, speak, the team can hear it. Idf they speak too nicely, then that is what the team will wind-up hearing.

If one person notices something that the team is doing wrong and shares that opinion with others, they may see the same thing and the word will spread. When there are enough fans complaining about the same thing, the press will hear it and eventually, the team will. Maybe the team will do something about it, if they are hearing it enough.

Or, at least I hope so.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Thats the way to get a thread back in the right direction. And as to the original poster: what kind of person.. actually great thread just got off course.
    GO CHIEFS ...

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    What jackass started this thread??? We should kick him off the board. Anyone who wants to post something so controversial that would bring chiefs fans to blows is...

what?

I started it?

Um, as I was saying:
    Let's all focus on the positive. Die hard Chiefs fanatacism.

I am the first in line to be labled a "homer", because believe or not - I still see 10-6 as a remote possiblility. A 9-7 record with the AFC West title a probability.

Why? numbers don't tell the story. Everyone on this board, even the ones that say the Chiefs have big problems, will probably be agree, every game this year can be divided into 2 parts: 1) run-run-safe pass-punt, and 2) well-balanced offense. When we are in mode 2, guess what? WE MOVE THE BALL & PUT UP POINTS. Mode 1 --> season over.

This is why I personally think the power rankings should have us higher. Because if we come balanced, the offense is better than where it is ranked now.

Problems? sure. better than 25th - damn straight.

Post Gotta agree

The Broncos and Chargers are what give me hope....

Well I am picking sides in this battle of fans.

I pick the Chiefs!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by tperkins73 View Post
    The Broncos and Chargers are what give me hope....
    AMEN & WELCOME! but don't forget the Broncs are gonna challenge the Chargers for AFC supremecy this year. We have to hear that until the each lose 6 or 7 games...

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    AMEN & WELCOME! but don't forget the Broncs are gonna challenge the Chargers for AFC supremecy this year. We have to hear that until the each lose 6 or 7 games...
    <--------- Mark Schlerith (close)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I agree. (I have to take a shower, as soon as this post is concluded.) I not only think that is o.k. to criticize your own team, but I think that it is a good thing. When the fans, as a group, speak, the team can hear it. Idf they speak too nicely, then that is what the team will wind-up hearing.

If one person notices something that the team is doing wrong and shares that opinion with others, they may see the same thing and the word will spread. When there are enough fans complaining about the same thing, the press will hear it and eventually, the team will. Maybe the team will do something about it, if they are hearing it enough.

Or, at least I hope so.

Make sure Canada and his cronies don't see that you actually agree with me on something. They will put you on the ignore list!
    Anyway, I couldn't agree more! All this agreeing is making me ill, you got anything you want to argue about?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast