Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: New Power Rankings

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default New Power Rankings


    0 Not allowed!
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

    11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

    Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

    11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

    Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....

    Nothing new...

    The Chiefs never get any respect by the analysts!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

    11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

    Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....
    Seems like the guys as SI are still watching preseason tapes...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A few more facts I couldn't add earlier:
    BRONCOS (11) 6th ranked offense / 3rd ranked defense:

    (W) Bills are ranked 32nd in offense & 32nd in defense.
    (W) Raiders are ranked 15th in offense & 27th in defense.
    (L) Jaguars are ranked 19th in offense & 6th in defense.

    CHARGERS (12) 27th ranked offense / 22nd ranked defense:
    (W) Bears are ranked 30th in offense & 16th in defense.
    (L) Patriots are ranked 1st in offense & 1st in defense.
    (L) Packers are ranked 18th in offense & 15th in defense.

    CHIEFS (25) 29th ranked offense / 4th ranked defense:
    (L) Texans are ranked 23rd in offense & 13th in defense.
    (L) Bears are ranked in 30th offense & 16th in defense.
    (W) Vikings are ranked 26th in offense & 11th in defense.

    RAIDERS (26) 15th ranked offense / 27th ranked defense:
    (L) Cowboys are ranked 2nd in offense & 21st in defense.
    (L) Broncos are ranked 6th in offense & 4th in defense.
    (W) Browns are ranked 9th in offense & 31st in defense.

    (BTW – Rams have looked like crap – 25th ranked offense / 7th ranked defense – I live here so I hear how bad they are – are 0-3 and are ranked 24th. A-mazing…)
    Everything changes with a Bronco loss to Indy & a Chiefs win over San Diego.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    A few more facts I couldn't add earlier:
    BRONCOS (11) 6th ranked offense / 3rd ranked defense:

    (W) Bills are ranked 32nd in offense & 32nd in defense.
    (W) Raiders are ranked 15th in offense & 27th in defense.
    (L) Jaguars are ranked 19th in offense & 6th in defense.

    CHARGERS (12) 27th ranked offense / 22nd ranked defense:
    (W) Bears are ranked 30th in offense & 16th in defense.
    (L) Patriots are ranked 1st in offense & 1st in defense.
    (L) Packers are ranked 18th in offense & 15th in defense.

    CHIEFS (25) 29th ranked offense / 4th ranked defense:
    (L) Texans are ranked 23rd in offense & 13th in defense.
    (L) Bears are ranked in 30th offense & 16th in defense.
    (W) Vikings are ranked 26th in offense & 11th in defense.

    RAIDERS (26) 15th ranked offense / 27th ranked defense:
    (L) Cowboys are ranked 2nd in offense & 21st in defense.
    (L) Broncos are ranked 6th in offense & 4th in defense.
    (W) Browns are ranked 9th in offense & 31st in defense.

    (BTW – Rams have looked like crap – 25th ranked offense / 7th ranked defense – I live here so I hear how bad they are – are 0-3 and are ranked 24th. A-mazing…)
    Everything changes with a Bronco loss to Indy & a Chiefs win over San Diego.
    The Faders lost to the Lions in week 1. The Cowboys beat the Giants.

    I agree about the Rams. They should be ranked lower than the Chiefs AND the Faders. Your record should reflect in your power rankings.

    BTW, the Vikings and Texans are very similar as far as rankings go. They both have good defenses this year with offenses that boast some great players but do not rank among the highest in the league. The fact that we beat the Vikings after how we lost to the Texans says a lot about the improvement of our team thus far this season.

    If you are going to agree with these rankings, just go ahead and give the Patriots the title for this year. Then we can just play the next season from this point with everybody sitting at 0-0 again, right? Anybody who takes the OPINIONS of these guys as fact is a sheep and nothing more. You wanna talk about bias? If you read most of the garbage that SI puts out closely, it ties into a lot of atlerior agendas and propaganda. ESPN is bad enough, SI employs robots and andriods that just say what they are programmed to.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    The Faders lost to the Lions in week 1. The Cowboys beat the Giants.

    I agree about the Rams. They should be ranked lower than the Chiefs AND the Faders. Your record should reflect in your power rankings.

    BTW, the Vikings and Texans are very similar as far as rankings go. They both have good defenses this year with offenses that boast some great players but do not rank among the highest in the league. The fact that we beat the Vikings after how we lost to the Texans says a lot about the improvement of our team thus far this season.

    If you are going to agree with these rankings, just go ahead and give the Patriots the title for this year. Then we can just play the next season from this point with everybody sitting at 0-0 again, right? Anybody who takes the OPINIONS of these guys as fact is a sheep and nothing more. You wanna talk about bias? If you read most of the garbage that SI puts out closely, it ties into a lot of atlerior agendas and propaganda. ESPN is bad enough, SI employs robots and andriods that just say what they are programmed to.

    I did pick the Patriots to win it all in June. I have a friend who is a die hard Pats fan and it killed me to say that to him!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Since you think 26th is underrated, name 10 teams that are worse than us.
    Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Arizona, San Fransisco are just a few of the teams that I think should be ranked below the Chiefs right now if one is not considering records. (SI obviously doesn't.)

    There is a huge list of teams that I think are on approximately the same level as the Chiefs. Just because we haven't blown up the scoreboard yet doesn't mean we are any worse than any of these teams. Very few teams in the league right now don't have some kind of weakness that is obvious. Even the Cowboys, who people are calling the best team in the NFC right now (and I agree) are ranked 21st in defense and have allowed over 20 points per game. Teams like the Bengals, Lions, and Giants are putting up points but are getting run over on defense. Who in their right mind would NOT pick the Chiefs to put up a bunch of points on a team like that?? The Jets (20th against the run) gave up 100+ yards and 2 TD's to Ronnie Brown-- who is not a bad back, but is no LJ, either. You think LJ's woes would continue against a team like that??

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I did pick the Patriots to win it all in June. I have a friend who is a die hard Pats fan and it killed me to say that to him!
    How often is a June prediction actually correct after the season is done? I agree, right now, the Pats are the best candidate but I would not be surprised at all if somebody else that only a few homers were picking went to the big game. It happens with regularity in a league as competetive as the NFL. This isn't baseball and the Patriots aren't the Yankees.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Arizona, San Fransisco are just a few of the teams that I think should be ranked below the Chiefs right now if one is not considering records. (SI obviously doesn't.)

    There is a huge list of teams that I think are on approximately the same level as the Chiefs. Just because we haven't blown up the scoreboard yet doesn't mean we are any worse than any of these teams. Very few teams in the league right now don't have some kind of weakness that is obvious. Even the Cowboys, who people are calling the best team in the NFC right now (and I agree) are ranked 21st in defense and have allowed over 20 points per game. Teams like the Bengals, Lions, and Giants are putting up points but are getting run over on defense. Who in their right mind would NOT pick the Chiefs to put up a bunch of points on a team like that?? The Jets (20th against the run) gave up 100+ yards and 2 TD's to Ronnie Brown-- who is not a bad back, but is no LJ, either. You think LJ's woes would continue against a team like that??



    How often is a June prediction actually correct after the season is done? I agree, right now, the Pats are the best candidate but I would not be surprised at all if somebody else that only a few homers were picking went to the big game. It happens with regularity in a league as competetive as the NFL. This isn't baseball and the Patriots aren't the Yankees.
    I'll take my prediction over yours! Whoever it may be.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    486
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

    11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

    Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....
    All sports casters think the Chiefs will do horrible this year.

    Welcome to Arrowhead

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    All sports casters think the Chiefs will do horrible this year.

    i am chiefs fan and also am not blind. i saw all three games. and you expect us to be power ranked above 20 so far? or what? what are you thinking? byast opinions. Yes, we LOOK HARDER for possible potential in our own team cause they aRE OUR TEAM. Yes, we have a chance to make the playoffs, but we also have a chance at going 7-9.

    so take it easy on the analysts, they are just using common sense.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •