Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Power Rankings

Default New Power Rankings

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I don't buy that teams are not trying to score onour D. Minesota did not say hey....were up 10-6, no need to not score from the second Q on. CHI wanted to score more....didn't....HOU wanted to score more....didn't min same thing. Our defence is that good. Bal had good D and crap O but i bet they are a lot higher than us. I am not saying that we should be ranked at the top, but we do not deserve to be a bottom feeder either.

Since you think 26th is underrated, name 10 teams that are worse than us.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    The Faders lost to the Lions in week 1. The Cowboys beat the Giants.

I agree about the Rams. They should be ranked lower than the Chiefs AND the Faders. Your record should reflect in your power rankings.

BTW, the Vikings and Texans are very similar as far as rankings go. They both have good defenses this year with offenses that boast some great players but do not rank among the highest in the league. The fact that we beat the Vikings after how we lost to the Texans says a lot about the improvement of our team thus far this season.

If you are going to agree with these rankings, just go ahead and give the Patriots the title for this year. Then we can just play the next season from this point with everybody sitting at 0-0 again, right? Anybody who takes the OPINIONS of these guys as fact is a sheep and nothing more. You wanna talk about bias? If you read most of the garbage that SI puts out closely, it ties into a lot of atlerior agendas and propaganda. ESPN is bad enough, SI employs robots and andriods that just say what they are programmed to.

I did pick the Patriots to win it all in June. I have a friend who is a die hard Pats fan and it killed me to say that to him!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Post Power Rankings

Im a diehard chiefs fan and I agree that they shouldnt be ranked below STL but ... but I am thinking somewhere in the lower half on just what they have shown so far. I would love to see a number one ranking but know this isnt deserved yet. I watch the power rankings close not for the number next to it but for what is said next to the number. In the foxsports power ranking I like what was said. Here is the site and a quote.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

"24. The Chiefs got their first win of the season on Sunday, avoiding the franchise's first 0-3 start in 27 years. With the running game doing absolutely nothing, Kansas City turned to the aerial attack, getting just enough offense to win 13-10. Larry Johnson was held to 42 yards on 24 carries, but quarterback Damon Huard completed 20-of-29 passes for 209 yards. The defense did its part to ensure the victory. With the Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers all either 2-1 or 1-2, the Chiefs are still in the mix in the crowded AFC West."

24th but the writer admits that this is going to be a long year for the West. I could possibly see whoever wins the division winning it with 8-8 a far cry from missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

Denver is squaking out wins but then thats what they do. Do I think Denver will win the division ... probably not.

San Diego is starting to doubt each other .. bunch of great players .. not a team. Do I think they will win the division. Maybe just have to wait and see.

Faders right now to me the scariest team in the division. Yes they lost to Denver but in the West it seems like game with 2 West teams are always close. They are absolutely going to do better then last year. But I think that winning the division is a couple years off. (and by then they will be losers again and still not win the division.

Chiefs - first two games looked horrible, I was still a fan but thinking they might wanna look at a nice #1 or 2 overall pick. Thought maybe a QB and then some O line help. Get Boomer stronger in his position, man I miss Tony Richardson. I think this week will be very telling on what kind of a team the Chiefs are. If they play like last week and the handcuffs and hard restaints are released, Damon or Brodie is allowed to air it out a lil. It could be a great weak against a somewhat weak Chargers Pass D. A quote from my Fantasy League about Bowe "Chiefs rookie WR Dwayne Bowe has made a nice impact in the last couple of weeks, gaining seven passes for 93 yards and a touchdown. The Chargers rank 22nd in pass defense, and have allowed three passing touchdowns and a 100-yard receiver in each of the last two games.
    (Updated 09/26/2007)." cbssports.com fantasy news from NFL.com fantasy football.
    If the Chiefs win this game then they are in contention, Blow out the Chargers and get some respect and maybe be the favorite in the division. Lose and everybody says see I told you the Chiefs werent any good.

Just my 2 cents

bryonc

On another note Im behind ya Canada on calling out a 'fan' who in the posts I have read doesnt seem to be a fan at all. Guess ill have to keep reading and hopefully be proven wrong. Im too new here to be pointing fingers. As I said in the chat room while there were speculations that Canada could just be the streaker.... GO CANADA lol

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'll take a crack at that...

Atlanta
    Cleveland (I don't care about the Cincy game, they lost to Oakland)
    Oakland
    Buffalo
    Minnesota (umm scoreboard?!)
    Miami
    St Louis (no offense & no defense, nice combo)
    Tampa Bay
    New Orleans (1 week fluke, 2 weeks slump, 3 weeks TREND)
    NY Jets
    NY Giants
    and possibly Cincy (no defense)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Arizona, San Fransisco are just a few of the teams that I think should be ranked below the Chiefs right now if one is not considering records. (SI obviously doesn't.)

There is a huge list of teams that I think are on approximately the same level as the Chiefs. Just because we haven't blown up the scoreboard yet doesn't mean we are any worse than any of these teams. Very few teams in the league right now don't have some kind of weakness that is obvious. Even the Cowboys, who people are calling the best team in the NFC right now (and I agree) are ranked 21st in defense and have allowed over 20 points per game. Teams like the Bengals, Lions, and Giants are putting up points but are getting run over on defense. Who in their right mind would NOT pick the Chiefs to put up a bunch of points on a team like that?? The Jets (20th against the run) gave up 100+ yards and 2 TD's to Ronnie Brown-- who is not a bad back, but is no LJ, either. You think LJ's woes would continue against a team like that??

I did pick the Patriots to win it all in June. I have a friend who is a die hard Pats fan and it killed me to say that to him!
    How often is a June prediction actually correct after the season is done? I agree, right now, the Pats are the best candidate but I would not be surprised at all if somebody else that only a few homers were picking went to the big game. It happens with regularity in a league as competetive as the NFL. This isn't baseball and the Patriots aren't the Yankees.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Arizona, San Fransisco are just a few of the teams that I think should be ranked below the Chiefs right now if one is not considering records. (SI obviously doesn't.)

There is a huge list of teams that I think are on approximately the same level as the Chiefs. Just because we haven't blown up the scoreboard yet doesn't mean we are any worse than any of these teams. Very few teams in the league right now don't have some kind of weakness that is obvious. Even the Cowboys, who people are calling the best team in the NFC right now (and I agree) are ranked 21st in defense and have allowed over 20 points per game. Teams like the Bengals, Lions, and Giants are putting up points but are getting run over on defense. Who in their right mind would NOT pick the Chiefs to put up a bunch of points on a team like that?? The Jets (20th against the run) gave up 100+ yards and 2 TD's to Ronnie Brown-- who is not a bad back, but is no LJ, either. You think LJ's woes would continue against a team like that??

How often is a June prediction actually correct after the season is done? I agree, right now, the Pats are the best candidate but I would not be surprised at all if somebody else that only a few homers were picking went to the big game. It happens with regularity in a league as competetive as the NFL. This isn't baseball and the Patriots aren't the Yankees.
    I'll take my prediction over yours! Whoever it may be.

I'll take my prediction over yours! Whoever it may be.
    I said the Pats are the best candidate right now. Sense tells me to roll with that. That could all change by week 8, though and THAT was my point. A superbowl prediction in June is a pretty shaky limb to be on regardless of how good it looks for the team picked or how bad for everyone else. I think you don't even read my posts sometimes and just try to piss me off to argue. Good luck with that.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I said the Pats are the best candidate right now. Sense tells me to roll with that. That could all change by week 8, though and THAT was my point. A superbowl prediction in June is a pretty shaky limb to be on regardless of how good it looks for the team picked or how bad for everyone else. I think you don't even read my posts sometimes and just try to piss me off to argue. Good luck with that.

Excellent post.

All it takes is one bad hit on Brady's knee and then what's up?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Docs has the Chiefs ranked #22 in thier rankings this week.

I read them and try to piss you off because your skin is thin!!!!!! Don't flatter yourself!

Slow down there tough guy. Remember, I can't see your face to see your expression or hear your voice to know your tone. I was simply making a statement. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Week 8? It could change tomorrow with an injury! I just said they were my pick. And I Hate the Patriots!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast