Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Power Rankings

Default New Power Rankings

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

11 - Broncos
    12 - Chargers
    25 - Chiefs
    26 - Raiders

Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I'll take a crack at that...

Atlanta
    Cleveland (I don't care about the Cincy game, they lost to Oakland)
    Oakland
    Buffalo
    Minnesota (umm scoreboard?!)
    Miami
    St Louis (no offense & no defense, nice combo)
    Tampa Bay
    New Orleans (1 week fluke, 2 weeks slump, 3 weeks TREND)
    NY Jets
    NY Giants
    and possibly Cincy (no defense)

Hard for me to rank teams with the same record above us. But, I realize they have to get ranked somrwhere.

I haven't looked but I am guessing that most if not all of the teams you mentioned have out scored us and probably not far behind in the PA catagory.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, my point was that the last 15 teams in the power rankings are just all jumbled together and anyone could be ranked above or below anyone for a bunch of reasons. With the exception of the 0-3 teams that is.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yes, I hear you. I want my Chiefs to kick butt on Sunday. But at the same time, they haven't done anything to deserve a lot of respect so far. Their defense has looked good, but their offense has looked worse than any other team in the league IMO. If the Chiefs put up 20 pts on the Bolts and hold the bolts to 10 pts, then they will earn some repsect.
    I agree 100% . A win is a win yes, But I would rather win in a convincing way before I start patting myself on the back . The Vikings game could have gone either way in my opinion. Luckily we got the refs to stick with the incomplete pass that went under review. We now know the taste of the endzone and I hope that we treat this like a snowball that grows and grows as it rolls foward. GO CHIEFS!!

im not looking for someone here to decide if i am a real fan or not. I am not whining about our 1-2 team, that has played very poorly, getting a low power rank, which means nothing.

this isnt ncaa where it is going to decide what bowl game we go to. power rankings in week 3 are only so accurate, as you have only had 3 games to analyze. whether they rank us 19 or 29...i dont think it matters. I am saying you are all dillusional, seeing the 3 games that we have played so far, making a big deal or whining about the power ranking we were given. i mean you all (the ones complaining) are a joke to me. for real. DAMN. i would hate to know what y ou think you see when you look at your own damn self inthe mirror. I am sure you all (the whiners) think you look like brad pitt or ...jared allen :)

ok dont take that too personally, there was some sarcasm in that post, and some seriousness. get over yourselves. When our record reflects a good team, then we can start complaining over the media's ratings...whicn again dont determine anything anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    im not looking for someone here to decide if i am a real fan or not. I am not whining about our 1-2 team, that has played very poorly, getting a low power rank, which means nothing.

this isnt ncaa where it is going to decide what bowl game we go to. power rankings in week 3 are only so accurate, as you have only had 3 games to analyze. whether they rank us 19 or 29...i dont think it matters. I am saying you are all dillusional, seeing the 3 games that we have played so far, making a big deal or whining about the power ranking we were given. i mean you all (the ones complaining) are a joke to me. for real. DAMN. i would hate to know what y ou think you see when you look at your own damn self inthe mirror. I am sure you all (the whiners) think you look like brad pitt or ...jared allen :)

ok dont take that too personally, there was some sarcasm in that post, and some seriousness. get over yourselves. When our record reflects a good team, then we can start complaining over the media's ratings...whicn again dont determine anything anyways.
    When we are *****ing about the media rankings (hey I'll own it) we are discussing a historical precedent set forth in the NFL when Lamar Hunt started the AFL.

There has been a media, as well as organizational bias since the inception of the Chiefs organization.

I realize 1-2 is not that great but put a team that is 0-3 ahead of us in the rankings.

We have played some serious defenses this year (except Houston I guess) and they don't bring that into consideration in the media, whereas all they are talking about for SD is the fact that they played three great defenses, and that is why they are struggling.

It is a double standard and if you don't see it then you either are biased yourself, or have not been paying attention for the last 20 years.

Good posts though! Keep those opinions coming!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Hard for me to rank teams with the same record above us. But, I realize they have to get ranked somrwhere.

I haven't looked but I am guessing that most if not all of the teams you mentioned have out scored us and probably not far behind in the PA catagory.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, my point was that the last 15 teams in the power rankings are just all jumbled together and anyone could be ranked above or below anyone for a bunch of reasons. With the exception of the 0-3 teams that is.
    So true. The bottom half of the list is so undefined this early in a season.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

My main issue is that when the Chiefs beat the Chargers on Sunday, and the Donks get their helmets handed to them in Indy, do you think the Chiefs will be ranked above either in any poll?

And I do think the team is better. The personnel is there. We have 2 styles of play-calling:

1) Avoid turn-overs at all costs (done by running & passing w/in 2 yards of the line of scrimmage), even if it means 3-out on every drive
    2) damn - we're down, mix it up --> which moves the ball. Every drive we have had that has gone anywhere has been mixing it up.

If we went with #2 all the time (mix it up, not being down), then we would have scored more points, maybe double what we have now. We would not have put the defense on the field any longer. And we would probably be at least 2-1.

I think the other 1-2 and 0-3 teams have been bringing their A-game every drive, and not succeeding. The Chiefs are keeping the A-game for the 2nd half.

This is why I think we are the top of the 1-2's.

Being a homer or a rose-colored view? I don't think so. I think it is looking beyond the stats....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Since you think 26th is underrated, name 10 teams that are worse than us.
    Jokeand, Buffalo, Arizona, Miami, NY Jets, Cleveland, Denver, St. Louis, Giants, Carolina...should I go on?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I did pick the Patriots to win it all in June. I have a friend who is a die hard Pats fan and it killed me to say that to him!
    I'll take my prediction over yours! Whoever it may be.
    Sounds like you really know your football. Most kids i know in Grade 5 picked the same team. Good luck with that....I picked the Chiefs as I did last year, the year before that and I will every year until it happens.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Sounds like you really know your football. Most kids i know in Grade 5 picked the same team. Good luck with that....I picked the Chiefs as I did last year, the year before that and I will every year until it happens.
    Great pick for the last 38 years!!! No wonder you live in Canada! You must do well in football pools if you pick the Chiefs every week! Wake up dude! Not everyone is as knowledgeable about the game of football as you!!!! Ha Ha!! What a joke! Stick to the Argonauts or the Reign Fire and keep us updated on how they are doing!

I don't understand why people ( you in particular ) can't grasp the idea of cheering for your team and being critical of them at the same time!! I contribute to the salaries of these players every year so I believe it is my right to be critical. Do you also think the people in Green Bay should not be pissed when they have fielded a ****ty team for the last 5 or 6 years? They own the team!!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

fan2
    an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
    [Origin: 1885–90, Americanism; short for fanatic]

or a Chiefs Fan (short for Fanatic) Being critical of a team is ok but when one has nothing good to say about a team I would tend to feel that this person is in fact not a fan. Maybe a fan of another team with some misplaced agression posing as a real fan. If your so called meaning of fan were the true meaning then the Cubs wouldnt have a single fan.
    Nuff Said

GO CANADA -- I got yer back (even though you dont need it.

been trying to hold my tongue and have pulled in the reigns on several posts and even completely deleted some. But as hard as I could try cant stand by and let Canada go it alone on this one.

Let the flaming begin I am a man I can handle it as can Canada .. oooh and I AM a Chiefs fan 13-3 or 3-13 Go Chiefs

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast