Thread: 2009 draft....

Default 2009 draft....

the jury is not out on tyson jackson, I think he has the potential to be a good player for us. But with the emergence of william wallace gilberry (FREEDOM!), imagine if we had gone a different route. Imagine brian orakpo and tamba hali rushing the qb with derrick johnson and mike vrabel on the inside. Sounds like a scary defense to me!

Tyson Jackson hasn't lived up to his draft position but I wouldn't write him off. I think he his last few games have been his best so far. He will keep getting better and will hit his stride right about the time this team has the potential to go deep in the playoffs. Which in my mind is 1-2 years away.

Next year will be big for Tyson. It will be his step up or ship out season

Tyson Jackson's big year is next year I agree. It is good that the last two games have been the two that he has looked better in. Next season will be his 3rd season and this is the season that most think is the deciding year if you are a bust or not. If you have not progressed by the end of your 3rd season your a bust. I think we are going to see a much better Tyson Jackson then this season.

Midway through last season we were saying the same thing about Dorsey, Dorsey's game started getting better towards the end of last year.

Jackson has started fewer games then Dorsey had at this time last year, therefore it may take him longer to get his groove on.

I didn't like the Jackson pick then or now,but am willing to give him till the end of the third year, I'm definately rooting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Midway through last season we were saying the same thing about Dorsey, Dorsey's game started getting better towards the end of last year.

Jackson has started fewer games then Dorsey had at this time last year, therefore it may take him longer to get his groove on.

I didn't like the Jackson pick then or now,but am willing to give him till the end of the third year, I'm definately rooting for him.
    Dorsey last year is a good example of why you don't give up on a player. Hopfully Jackson ends this year the way Dorsey did a season ago and carries it over to next year. I also think that Tysons injury early in the season hurt his progression. I think if he didn't get hurt he would be ahead of where he is now.