Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowe as our # 1 WR

Default Bowe as our # 1 WR

The Ultimate Goal
    I think since Haley has his ways with WR and can bring out the talent in them that Bowe can be true #1. With what Haley did with L. Fitz he is now doing with Bowe, but only time will tell and I hope this season was a preview of what we all knew when we drafted Bowe.

what we need is a compliment to him on the other side, chambers is not the answer.

Bowe has the talent to be a REAL good #1 WR in the NFL. If he can only be a little more consitant then He will be one of the best in the league. Maybe someone to go along side him would help with that. It's a big need for this football team.

Yea the only problem is that when he gets doubled all we really have is big Mo and charles or dmc outa the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    what we need is a compliment to him on the other side, chambers is not the answer.
    I have to agree - but I am not sure why. Chambers played great when we got him last season and I am certain that it isn't that he is out of shape.

Maybe he just got old. Only good thing is that Chambers has factored with a couple of 3rd down grabs the last couple of games. Hopefully he will build on that because we are going to need another option in the playoffs.

Long-term I think if we can get Fitzgerald we would be fools not to do so. Otherwise, I think we obviously need someone on the roster to develop, another FA or to draft someone. There are a handful of young fast wideouts on the roster but all are raw but it so hard to tell if these guys have the potential to be players. One good thing is that Haley knows his wideouts and I am sure we will have an answer.

Also, I think we need to get DMC into the mix more as a slot guy.

I think part of his success is that he is creating alot of separation finally.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The reason I posted this is because alot of us here have said Bowe is not going to be our #1 because he drops to many passes and I agree with that to. But with what Bowe did with himself this year even though I blamed him for one of our losses I think haley has done alot to make bowe who he is at the moment and wonder if he will one day be like L. Fitz. Since Haley is all about using what he has I almost bet Tucker or Cooper will become our #2 since Bowe is turning into slowly our #1. I am also going to say we dont even draft a WR in this draft, either we get a FA or haley will turn one of our guys we already have into something worth a #2. Prob get 1 FA and thats it. Hopefully we can pull this post out of the closet this time next year and I am right but if not then well I will eat my crow with bacon, lett, tom, pickles, gouda cheese all on a toasted sourdough bun oh yeah I want those goofy long toothpicks stuck in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    The reason I posted this is because alot of us here have said Bowe is not going to be our #1 because he drops to many passes and I agree with that to. But with what Bowe did with himself this year even though I blamed him for one of our losses I think haley has done alot to make bowe who he is at the moment and wonder if he will one day be like L. Fitz. Since Haley is all about using what he has I almost bet Tucker or Cooper will become our #2 since Bowe is turning into slowly our #1. I am also going to say we dont even draft a WR in this draft, either we get a FA or haley will turn one of our guys we already have into something worth a #2. Prob get 1 FA and thats it. Hopefully we can pull this post out of the closet this time next year and I am right but if not then well I will eat my crow with bacon, lett, tom, pickles, gouda cheese all on a toasted sourdough bun oh yeah I want those goofy long toothpicks stuck in it as well.
    Yeah - I don't know. I would think we would probably look at Fitz just because Haley likes to have a lot of options at receiver (I think he had three 1000 yarders his last season with the Rams).

However, if we don't sign Fitz I can see that wouldn't take one in the first round. We still have more pressing needs at that point.

I can see Tucker as a #2 guy and maybe Lawrence. I doubt Copper is that guy. If he was, he would be already.

lets see if butter fingers holds on to it with all the marbles at stake
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Yeah - I don't know. I would think we would probably look at Fitz just because Haley likes to have a lot of options at receiver (I think he had three 1000 yarders his last season with the Rams).

However, if we don't sign Fitz I can see that wouldn't take one in the first round. We still have more pressing needs at that point.

I can see Tucker as a #2 guy and maybe Lawrence. I doubt Copper is that guy. If he was, he would be already.
    Yeah I agree with that, I really like Tucker and wow I forgot about lawerence. I did not know Haley had 3 1000 yarders with the rams, I dont know to much about Haley as a WR coach other than the crap with Owens and Fitz that made the news. I know more about Haleys past and all that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast