Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 162

Thread: Should we sit our starters

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Should we sit our starters


    0 Not allowed!
    So we can have our team well rested and injury free for the playoffs? I personally think we should treat next weeks game as a playoff game let Croyle come in and stink up the place for the first half then let guitterez play in the second, I also wanna jackie battle get some more reps.

  2. #101
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,529
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    My point is, like I've said before, this game against the Raiders is meaningless & I've simply pointed out what's happened historically when the Chiefs have had an unbeaten home record. And I got to tell you, I don't care about your opinion of that -- or anyone else's for that matter.

    Hey, if they beat the Raiders and then win the opening round playoff, then great, but I'm not going to ignore what's gone down in the past.
    We have "historically" speaking lost the last 5 play off games [all first round] 3 times w/an undefeated home record and 2 times w/o an undefeated home record. i would say this is evidence that regardless of how we played during the season when it came to playoff time martyball let us down. now its time to ride the haleytrain as far as it will take us. keep playing to win!!!!

  3. #102
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,808
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 681

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    We have "historically" speaking lost the last 5 play off games [all first round] 3 times w/an undefeated home record and 2 times w/o an undefeated home record. i would say this is evidence that regardless of how we played during the season when it came to playoff time martyball let us down. now its time to ride the haleytrain as far as it will take us. keep playing to win!!!!
    Excuse me, but 2003 was not Martyball, nor was 1971. So, therefore, I can't regard it as evidence.

  4. #103
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Excuse me, but 2003 was not Martyball, nor was 1971. So, therefore, I can't regard it as evidence.
    Superstition is not evidence.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #104
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    so your point is what exactly, it did not matter wether we were undefeated at home or not, we still lost in the first round. our goal is to win football games, every game and hopefully that leads us thru the playoffs. i hope you don't really think that if we lose on purpose and ruin our home record that would mean we have a better chance to win a playoff game???cause i gotta tell ya, that sounds a little nuts to me.
    Sounds nuts to me, too.

    I hate to quote Herm Edwards but: "You play to win the game!".

    Also, this team is a lot different that the last two of those teams. This team does not have home field throughout the play-offs only the first round.

    To me it is not about momentum as much as it is about improving. This Raiders game is another opportunity for this young team to learn, grow and improve. This team is still a work in progress IMO. I think if we had beaten the snot out of the Raiders previously I might feel a little different, but we didn't. We need to learn how to beat teams like the Raiders in case we come up against something similar in the playoffs.

  6. #105
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Sounds nuts to me, too.

    I hate to quote Herm Edwards but: "You play to win the game!".

    Also, this team is a lot different that the last two of those teams. This team does not have home field throughout the play-offs only the first round.

    To me it is not about momentum as much as it is about improving. This Raiders game is another opportunity for this young team to learn, grow and improve. This team is still a work in progress IMO. I think if we had beaten the snot out of the Raiders previously I might feel a little different, but we didn't. We need to learn how to beat teams like the Raiders in case we come up against something similar in the playoffs.
    If we end up with the #3 seed and win our first two games and someone knocks off NE, we will have another home game. AFC Chamionship.

    Another reason this game is not meaningless.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #106
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,808
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 681

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Superstition is not evidence.
    I think I've already mentioned that it's not superstition, it's simply knowing how this scenario has worked historically -- what part of that don't you get ?

  8. #107
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I think I've already mentioned that it's not superstition, it's simply knowing how this scenario has worked historically -- what part of that don't you get ?
    OK - if I flip a coin 10 times and it comes up heads 10 times in a row, what are the odds on the 11th flip? It is still 50/50 because the 11th flip is neither contingent upon or related to the previous 10 flips.

    Likewise, this Chiefs team is not related to or contingent upon the outcome of teams from 7 years ago where at most one or two players remain and none of the coaches (or even front office)

  9. #108
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,808
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 681

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    OK - if I flip a coin 10 times and it comes up heads 10 times in a row, what are the odds on the 11th flip? It is still 50/50 because the 11th flip is neither contingent upon or related to the previous 10 flips.

    Likewise, this Chiefs team is not related to or contingent upon the outcome of teams from 7 years ago where at most one or two players remain and none of the coaches (or even front office)
    Coin flips don't matter, this isn't a coin flip scenario. The 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 squads weren't related or contingent either -- but the result was the same nonetheless.

    The bottom line is that they should not put all their stock into this game against the Raiders and get ready for the post season.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-30-2010 at 02:59 PM.

  10. #109
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I think I've already mentioned that it's not superstition, it's simply knowing how this scenario has worked historically -- what part of that don't you get ?
    The part where you think if you mention it, that its true. You think we shouldnt win this game because we have never won a playoff game with an undefeated home record. Regardless of weather or not you "mention it", its still superstition.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #110
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,808
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 681

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The part where you think if you mention it, that its true. You think we shouldnt win this game because we have never won a playoff game with an undefeated home record. Regardless of weather or not you "mention it", its still superstition.
    Not correct. There is a difference between superstition and simply knowing how something has worked historically. You are calling it superstition because it's not what you want to hear & somebody broke your bubble. Do you really think I like this historical scenario at all? I hate it more any of you combined, and would love nothing more than to see the Chiefs win the opening playoff game if they should beat Oakland on Sunday. Superstition? Bullsh!t !! It's simply knowing what has happened previously and hoping it doesn't happen for a 5th time.

    I said they don't need to put all their stock into this game against the Raider and if they don't win, so what? I'd rather have a fully healthy Chiefs squad going into the post season than have key players get KO'd in a meaningless game.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. donkeys starters look like crap
    By slc chief in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
  2. Thread starters......
    By jtandcrew in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 03:51 PM
  3. Projected Starters
    By royalswin100games in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 08:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •