Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Should we sit our starters

Default Should we sit our starters

So we can have our team well rested and injury free for the playoffs? I personally think we should treat next weeks game as a playoff game let Croyle come in and stink up the place for the first half then let guitterez play in the second, I also wanna jackie battle get some more reps.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    This is a New Era for The Chiefs. New Arrowhead, new GM, new Coaches, New Players. Yes, we may lose that first play off game. But I know one thing from watching these coaches and this team. They would learn from that loose and when they were in that situation again they would win. These are not the Chiefs of the past, but the New and improved Chiefs. The Chiefs we have dreamed of having in playoff and SB contenders for years to come.
    The 2010 Chiefs are the beginning of a dynasty.
    Hell ya!!! I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    This is a New Era for The Chiefs. New Arrowhead, new GM, new Coaches, New Players. Yes, we may lose that first play off game. But I know one thing from watching these coaches and this team. They would learn from that loose and when they were in that situation again they would win. These are not the Chiefs of the past, but the New and improved Chiefs. The Chiefs we have dreamed of having in playoff and SB contenders for years to come.
    The 2010 Chiefs are the beginning of a dynasty.
    Sorry, but it has happened to 3 different regimes. Perhaps that will change with this current regime. Perhaps not. One other difference this time, though, is if they do beat the Raiders, they won't be 1st or 2nd seed like they were the previous 4 times they went unbeaten at home. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It's called 'homefield advantage' for a reason. it is an advantage to play in your own stadium.

Anyone who is willing to give up their advantages in the playoffs is a fool.

Is this the only advantage that you are wanting to remove, or do you want to sit starters in playoff games too?

If you can have the advantage of playing at home, then you do it.

Then that would make Hank Stram a fool in 1969 when he played it close to the vest in the season finale at Oakland when the Chiefs passed only 6 times and ran 48 times. Stram's primary concern was the playoffs and making sure that the Chiefs had a healthy Len Dawson going into the post season. The result? The only Super Bowl title that the Chiefs have to this day. Don't know about you, but I can hardly look at Stram's strategy as being "foolish".

Nobody said anything about wanting the Chiefs to lose to the Raiders. I said I'd rather that they didn't put all their stock in this game. My point is if they do lose, it's not a big deal and that being unbeaten at home throughout the regular season has NOT been an advantage to them once the post season has started afterward. Besides, they are guaranteed at least one home game in the upcoming post season, regardless of the outcome against the Raiders. Don't know where you are getting the idea to sit starters in the playoffs as there is nothing in any of posts that remotely suggests that.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

This is exactly superstition.

Not the "knowing" part. But the part about wanting to lose a game so you go into the playoffs with a worse record, expecting that to be some advantage, based on something that happened to some other Chiefs teams.

Not that I think superstition is a bad thing, for fans.

Just that it isn't exactly logical.
    Not correct. It has nothing to do with superstition -- sorry, but that accusation is incorrect. Nobody said anything about wanting them to lose. They might pull all their starters against the Raiders after the 1st series against the Raiders and still win -- which would be the best case scenario. I'd love nothing more for them to achieve what the previous 4 Chiefs teams that went unbeaten at home by winning their opening playoff game after having an unbeaten regular season. But, as I said before, the primary concern should be the playoffs & having their key starters healthy, not putting all their stock into this game against the Raiders.

And do take note, that I did not call those people who mentioned that no team that has ever had 4th seed has won the Super Bowl, "superstitious" -- because it has nothing to do with superstition, they were simply pointing out was has happened historically regarding the matter, even as I was pointing out what has happened to the Chiefs in the playoffs 4 previous times when they went unbeaten at home.

If you are getting the impression that if the Chiefs defeat Oakland on Sunday that I will not be rooting for them in playoffs, then you are incorrect. Personally, I don't care about the outcome of the game against the Raiders, they are in the playoffs either way, so there really isn't that much at stake. If they win, fine, and if they don't, no big deal.

do you still think this was a meaningless game??? we showed the world that the raderz are byh far the best team in the afc west and we do not deserve to win the division or be in the playoffs. we made cambell look like tom brady and cassell look like croyle.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    do you still think this was a meaningless game??? we showed the world that the raderz are byh far the best team in the afc west and we do not deserve to win the division or be in the playoffs. we made cambell look like tom brady and cassell look like croyle.
    YUP!

This is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe we should just let them have the AFC West title too...Forfeit it.

Yes, I still believe that it was a meaningless game. They got out of it healthy & will still get to host a playoff game next week. The game was within reach until the 4th QTR. The Raiders got the breaks they needed to put it away in the 4th QTR. No way does what happened today show that they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The Raiders couldn't win outside the division & the Chiefs did and the Chiefs are going to be playing teams outside the AFC West in the postseason.

How is it that you say the Chiefs don't deserve the division title when they had already clinched it prior to today's game? That's like saying the Chiefs didn't deserve to be Super Bowl Champs in '69 because they lost twice to the Raiders during the regular season ( and yet, they beat the Raiders in the postseason -- WHEN IT REALLY COUNTED ). This game today doesn't count as far as the postseason is concerned.

What you said is a bunch of $h!t. They went 6 -0 in division and 2-8 against other teams..thats still bad. 10-6 > 8-8 It don't matter how you win the SB, all that matters is if you win. Just cause you can't beat your divisional opponent doesn't really mean squat.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Okay now I wish they rested everyone and most people would not be at the edge looking over

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Okay now I wish they rested everyone and most people would not be at the edge looking over
    Yup and we would at least have had a reason for the loss.

The faiders are still a bad football team. They commit the peanties that get you beat. We play uninspired football today.

ANd that "best team in the afc west" could only manage going .500 against the WORST DIVISON in the history of the NFL while we went 4-0.