Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we sit our starters

Default Should we sit our starters

So we can have our team well rested and injury free for the playoffs? I personally think we should treat next weeks game as a playoff game let Croyle come in and stink up the place for the first half then let guitterez play in the second, I also wanna jackie battle get some more reps.

It's the raiders. Thugs and goons. Why risk getting a key player hit with a cheap shot what not. Rest a couple players like cassel and Charles.

We should play to win so that we get the 3rd seed. If we get the 3rd seed than we'll most likely be playing against the Jets, that's a much better matchup in my opinion than Ravens/Steelers (runner up). Especially considering we would be playing the Jets in KC in January and So-Cal Sanchez can't play in cold weather. This is a divisional rival at home, I think we should play to win the game.

i agree with hometeam, play it as a nother game. Finish todd haley's "fourth quarter" with a winning record and have some momentum going into the playoffs. If the Chiefs are up big late in the game, yeah sit the starters.

It is still a important game. Play the starters, hopefully jump out in a early big lead, then protect our key players, give game time experience to backups. Most important, win to keep momentum, no injuries!

I think the Chiefs must always play to win vs faders. ALWAYS.

ITS RAIDER WEEK!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    I think it should be treated like a pre season game, play em for a quarter and then sit em. The playoffs are the only thing that matters now!
    THIS ^^^

Oh, BTW, for those wanting an undefeated home regular season record, I suggest you look at the Chiefs history and the 4 times previously that they went undefeated at home during the regular season in 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 and subsequently lost the opening playoff game ( at home ) all 4 times. Having an unbeaten record at home for the regular season has proved not to be worth a plug nickel once the post-season started.

By contrast, when the Chiefs won AFL Championships in 1962, 1966, and 1969, plus their appearance in the 1993 AFC Championship game, they did NOT have an unbeaten record at home during the regular season.

Like I said before, I'll gladly trade next weeks game against the Raiders for victories in the post season. And NO, it ain't superstition. I just know how this scenario has worked historically for the Chiefs.

The upcoming game against the Raiders is meaningless, the post-season is what matters now.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    No. I don't think we should rest them. Keep the starters ready for a game like pace.

Also, Guitierrez isn't on the team anymore.
    ....This!

I say we keep the momentum going into the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    We should play to win so that we get the 3rd seed. If we get the 3rd seed than we'll most likely be playing against the Jets, that's a much better matchup in my opinion than Ravens/Steelers (runner up). Especially considering we would be playing the Jets in KC in January and So-Cal Sanchez can't play in cold weather. This is a divisional rival at home, I think we should play to win the game.
    I agree - also, the seed matters in the unlikely event that we should meet one of the other lower seeds later in the play-offs.

I could care less about the 8-0 record at home but do think we should have momentum going into the playoffs.

Also, the Raiders are just the type of team we have struggled with this season (big and physical on offense), so I think it is good work for us to learn how to beat the crap out of them.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

As I said in another post, if we get the 3rd seed we play Jets after we beat the Jets the 3rd seed gets us Pittsburg rather then the Pats.

The winner of the other wildcard game would then get the Pats instead of us. If they win and we beat Pittsburg (or the Ravens if they swap seeds next week) then the Championship game runs through Arrowhead having the number 1 and 2 teams losing prior to the Championship game.

GO CHIEFS

ITS THE FREAKIN RADRZ!!!!

start everybody, crush'em, grind their bones to dust, stomp them into the ground, beat them every way we can!

then we can rest!!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast