Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we sit our starters

Default Should we sit our starters

So we can have our team well rested and injury free for the playoffs? I personally think we should treat next weeks game as a playoff game let Croyle come in and stink up the place for the first half then let guitterez play in the second, I also wanna jackie battle get some more reps.

The Chiefs are AFC West champions. A win over the Raiders next week would clinch the No. 3 seed in the conference. A loss and a win by the Colts would push Kansas City down to No. 4. (And possibly stuck going to Foxborough in round two. Something to think about if the Chiefs consider resting folks.)

No! It's the Traiders. And we have got to crush them for momentum next year.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Totally agree. I don't buy into the theory "we need to win to have momentum" and the other theory "we need to win to get 3rd seed so we can play the Jets & not the Ravens". In the post season you have to be ready to take on anyone & that means having all your best players healthy and ready to go.

And again, people are steadfastly ignoring history & that having a perfect home record during the regular season hasn't amounted to jack-sh!t once in the post seasons that followed ( 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 ) on four separate occasions -- COUNT 'EM -- 4 TIMES.

How many SuperBowl winners have had undefeated home records?

If the Chiefs needed to win against the Raiders to get into the playoffs, then that would be one thing. But they are already in, so it would be foolish to put all their stock into a meaningless game -- I don't give a damn who it's against -- and getting key players hurt and not having them ready in the postseason. It makes no sense at all. Marty Schottenheimer pulled this same suckhead play in 1997 in the season finale against NO & did the so called "momentum of winning the final game" help the Chiefs in the 1997 postseason? Did Marty learn from it that Grbac was not ready to come back just yet & that Gannon should have been the starter in the playoffs ( he pulled Grbac in the NO game in favor of Gannon to help spark the Offense -- why the hell didn't he do that in the playoff game against Denver )? No, he did not -- all that stock that Marty put into that meaningless season finale against NO in 1997 was for nothing.

I'll bet money if the Chiefs put all their stock into this meaningless game this Sunday, it'll wind up being for nothing.
    I hear you keep saying that it is a meaningless game, but its not. Forget the first round, but if we win in the 2nd round and somone beats the Pats...3rd seed is the difference between play ing the AFC championship game at home vs on the road.

I dont really care what another coach did 13 years ago before his playoff run. I dont care that 4 other times that we have been undefeated at home, we lost in the playoffs. Those things are all irrelevant to what is happening now. I agree that you rest players if everything is decided, but its not. IF you can look up at the score board and see that the Colts are gettinf killed, then sure, pull some players. Otherwise we need to secure the #3 spot.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

ITS THE FREAKIN RADERZ!!!!, just in case i was not entirely clear,
    ITS THE FREAKIN RADERZ
    kill 'em, stomp 'em, pulverize 'em beat 'em every way we can!!!!!
    oh did i mention why we need to use our starters "ITS THE FREAKIN RADERZ"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    ITS THE FREAKIN RADERZ!!!!, just in case i was not entirely clear,
    ITS THE FREAKIN RADERZ
    kill 'em, stomp 'em, pulverize 'em beat 'em every way we can!!!!!
    oh did i mention why we need to use our starters "ITS THE FREAKIN RADERZ"
    It's the raiders in a completely meaningless game. And those dirty scumbags would love nothing more then to hurt one of our stars and ruin our chances in the playoffs. I would rather lose to the faiders and win a game in the playoffs any day. If we can beat the raiders and go to the superbowl awesome im all for it but I don't know if it's worth risking our star players safety.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    It's the raiders in a completely meaningless game. And those dirty scumbags would love nothing more then to hurt one of our stars and ruin our chances in the playoffs. I would rather lose to the faiders and win a game in the playoffs any day. If we can beat the raiders and go to the superbowl awesome im all for it but I don't know if it's worth risking our star players safety.
    So the 3rd or 4th seed makes no difference to you?

So if we beat the Raiders then we lose the playoff game? I would rather beat the Raiders, then win a couple of playoff games and have the AFC Chapionship at Arrowhead instead of on the road.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    It's actually not meaningless. I think with a Colts win and a loss by us we go from the 4th seed to the 3rd seed. Basically it would put us on the Patriots side to get the AFC West championship and we'd likely play the Ravens instead of the Jets.

I saw today that Haley said they wouldn't rest the starters. We'll see how it plays out if the Chiefs get up big. I wouldn't put it past the Raiders to play dirty.

I would like to see them kick the Faiders a** just for GP's. and end the season on a winner.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    It's actually not meaningless. I think with a Colts win and a loss by us we go from the 4th seed to the 3rd seed. Basically it would put us on the Patriots side to get the AFC West championship and we'd likely play the Ravens instead of the Jets.

I saw today that Haley said they wouldn't rest the starters. We'll see how it plays out if the Chiefs get up big. I wouldn't put it past the Raiders to play dirty.
    We are already the 3rd seed. We would drop to the fourth with a loss and a Colts win.

at no time ever is the CHIEFS vs raiders a "meaningless" game. this is one of the most hated rivalries in all of sports. the "spearing" rule was created because of ben davidson spearing a defensless sliding Lenny Dawson and the ensuing penalty on Otis Taylor when he came to his defense cost us a third trip to the super bowl. the crushing hit on Nolan Smith, the dirty play or tatum head hunting, forearm shots...the list is endless. don't EVER call a raiders game "meaningless". just to utter that phrase could call ones status as a true CHIEFS fan into question. every CHIEFS vs raiders game means a great deal to the players and fans if not to the rest of he league or standings.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast