Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we sit our starters

Default Should we sit our starters

So we can have our team well rested and injury free for the playoffs? I personally think we should treat next weeks game as a playoff game let Croyle come in and stink up the place for the first half then let guitterez play in the second, I also wanna jackie battle get some more reps.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I think as a young team if we go undefeated at home we will have that swagger that they need to go into the playoffs. They will be walking with a swagger like nobody is going to be us at home nobody has. and for a young team that is what we need
    I think your confusing swagger for confidence they are not the same swagger is an arrogant quality. The Chiefs are definetly not arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I think your confusing swagger for confidence they are not the same swagger is an arrogant quality. The Chiefs are definetly not arrogant.
    Swagger is a good thing for our football team.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Swagger is a good thing for our football team.
    I agree - this is why I think it is important that we blow the Raiders off the field this Sunday...

I really don't think we can afford to go into the playoffs on a down note and a loss to the Faiders (a sweep) would be a real down note.

Are the Faiders going to take some cheap shots? OF COURSE!!!! That is how they play football!

But we are a young team and we have a lot to prove. And part of what we need to prove is that we can take on a tough dirty team and beat their right down into the dirt and come out of it unscathed!

Run the numbers up on the faiders and run 'em up big!

It will give our team the kind of confidence they need to make a serious run in the playoffs!

One other thing...Let's get Jamaal the damn rushing title!

If the game were completely meaningless to our playoff positioning, I would prefer to have the starters sit out.

Raiders? It's Raider week?

I don't care right now. The Raiders are not in the playoffs. I care about the playoffs.

Only because we want the #3 seed, instead of the #4 seed, do I think we should play all of our starters.

One thing I will say.....

Last week we were lured into committing several penalties by the foul play of Tenn. Playing the Faiders this week will be a good exercise in discipline. We will go into the playoffs immune to making those kinds of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Totally agree. I don't buy into the theory "we need to win to have momentum" and the other theory "we need to win to get 3rd seed so we can play the Jets & not the Ravens". In the post season you have to be ready to take on anyone & that means having all your best players healthy and ready to go.

And again, people are steadfastly ignoring history & that having a perfect home record during the regular season hasn't amounted to jack-sh!t once in the post seasons that followed ( 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 ) on four separate occasions -- COUNT 'EM -- 4 TIMES.

If the Chiefs needed to win against the Raiders to get into the playoffs, then that would be one thing. But they are already in, so it would be foolish to put all their stock into a meaningless game -- I don't give a damn who it's against -- and getting key players hurt and not having them ready in the postseason. It makes no sense at all. Marty Schottenheimer pulled this same suckhead play in 1997 in the season finale against NO & did the so called "momentum of winning the final game" help the Chiefs in the 1997 postseason? Did Marty learn from it that Grbac was not ready to come back just yet & that Gannon should have been the starter in the playoffs ( he pulled Grbac in the NO game in favor of Gannon to help spark the Offense -- why the hell didn't he do that in the playoff game against Denver )? No, he did not -- all that stock that Marty put into that meaningless season finale against NO in 1997 was for nothing.

I'll bet money if the Chiefs put all their stock into this meaningless game this Sunday, it'll wind up being for nothing.
    You keep saying the same thing and you could be right, but I do know one thing.
    Making sure we have the third seed is very important. Teams have won the Sb from the third seed. NO TEAM HAS EVER WON THE SB FROM THE FOUR SEED.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You keep saying the same thing and you could be right, but I do know one thing.
    Making sure we have the third seed is very important. Teams have won the Sb from the third seed. NO TEAM HAS EVER WON THE SB FROM THE FOUR SEED.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't 2 teams won the Superbowl from a wildcard slot? Faiders in the early '80s comes to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't 2 teams won the Superbowl from a wildcard slot? Faiders in the early '80s comes to mind?
    Yes, but those are the 5th and 6th seeds
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast