Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we sit our starters

Default Should we sit our starters

So we can have our team well rested and injury free for the playoffs? I personally think we should treat next weeks game as a playoff game let Croyle come in and stink up the place for the first half then let guitterez play in the second, I also wanna jackie battle get some more reps.

Gotta play the starters......atleast until the game gets out of hand. then put Croyle in to hand off the ball.

OH yeah, Raiders suck

The seeding could be important, but for me the biggest issue is keeping the players eager and sharp. Winning becomes a habbit and I believe we should keep that going. No one wants to go into the playoffs with a loss.

We have not lost to anyone in the new Arrowhead. I dont want the first team to win against us there be the Raitards. Keep your foot on the gas Todd!! Crush 'em all!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I still have that bad taste in my mouth from the last Raiders game. I say we sit our starters after we are up by 4 scores. I just want to crush the Raiders

I think we need momentum going into the playoffs, not rest. If we build a big lead its OK to pull some of the starters to avoid the risk of cheap shot injuries, but until the game is well in hand we need to go for a full out STOMPING of the faiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think we need momentum going into the playoffs, not rest. If we build a big lead its OK to pull some of the starters to avoid the risk of cheap shot injuries, but until the game is well in hand we need to go for a full out STOMPING of the faiders.
    I agree plus I really want that 3rd seed in the playoffs so we can get the Jets

Highly doubt the starters don't play. Cassel didn't even wanna come out of the game against the Titans.

Chiefs need a win to clinch the 3rd seed. Plus you don't want that much rest. Most of the time that plan back fires.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

i wouldnt take the foot off the gas peddle, treat game like a playoff game....

We need this win to get an easier road in the playoffs. Clinching the 3rd seed would mean that we would almost certainly play the Jets in the wild card round. The Jets are a much better matchup for us in my opinion than the Steeler/Ravens runner up. Especially considering that we'd be at home in January and Sanchez can't play in cold weather. After that (if we beat the Jets) we'd face off against the Steelers/Ravens winner, a much better matchup than going up against the Pats at home (the team with the best record in the league). The 3rd seed is much, much better than the 4th seed.

With the 3rd seed we'd have a much easier schedule as far as matchups are concerned and we'd also have a higher possibility of clinching an extra home game in the playoffs. This is a very important game, for momentum going into the playoffs and for seeding purposes. Plus it's the Raiders, why would anyone ever want us to lose to the Raiders at home. No need to give them momentum going into next season (if they beat us they'll have swept everyone in the division). I say we take it to them and prove we're the best team in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We have not lost to anyone in the new Arrowhead. I dont want the first team to win against us there be the Raitards. Keep your foot on the gas Todd!! Crush 'em all!!
    This!! We did not lose but rather gave that last game to the Faders. We need to show them that there was never any chance for them anyway. But first and foremost, it's the Faders and we want that perfect home win record for the season. It kind of sets the tone for those coming in for the playoffs. It gets in their heads a bit knowing we have not lost at home for the year!!!!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast