Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we sit our starters

Default Should we sit our starters

So we can have our team well rested and injury free for the playoffs? I personally think we should treat next weeks game as a playoff game let Croyle come in and stink up the place for the first half then let guitterez play in the second, I also wanna jackie battle get some more reps.

Sit our starters and risk not being 8-0 at home? And to the RAIDERS???

No- keep going into the post season with a winning streak.

Lets face it. This is Chiefs VS. Raiders. One of the oldest and meanest rivalries in the NFL.

We need to kick the living poop out of these filthy scumbags just to make it really clear who the real AFC WEST CHAMPIONS are!

No more talk about easy schedules or any of that crap.

Just say it loud and clear...We're the best in the west!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

The alternative is not sitting them and risking our best players getting hurt and not playing in the playoffs. Matt Cassel is still only a couple weeks out from his surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    The alternative is not sitting them and risking our best players getting hurt and not playing in the playoffs. Matt Cassel is still only a couple weeks out from his surgery.
    Totally agree. I don't buy into the theory "we need to win to have momentum" and the other theory "we need to win to get 3rd seed so we can play the Jets & not the Ravens". In the post season you have to be ready to take on anyone & that means having all your best players healthy and ready to go.

And again, people are steadfastly ignoring history & that having a perfect home record during the regular season hasn't amounted to jack-sh!t once in the post seasons that followed ( 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 ) on four separate occasions -- COUNT 'EM -- 4 TIMES.

If the Chiefs needed to win against the Raiders to get into the playoffs, then that would be one thing. But they are already in, so it would be foolish to put all their stock into a meaningless game -- I don't give a damn who it's against -- and getting key players hurt and not having them ready in the postseason. It makes no sense at all. Marty Schottenheimer pulled this same suckhead play in 1997 in the season finale against NO & did the so called "momentum of winning the final game" help the Chiefs in the 1997 postseason? Did Marty learn from it that Grbac was not ready to come back just yet & that Gannon should have been the starter in the playoffs ( he pulled Grbac in the NO game in favor of Gannon to help spark the Offense -- why the hell didn't he do that in the playoff game against Denver )? No, he did not -- all that stock that Marty put into that meaningless season finale against NO in 1997 was for nothing.

I'll bet money if the Chiefs put all their stock into this meaningless game this Sunday, it'll wind up being for nothing.

Lots of good points here.

I'll trust Haley. He's gotten us waaaay farther than any of us expected.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Lots of good points, but there is still one big point to me.

It is raider week!
    I hate the raiders! In our house we need to stomp them!!

Another point that I'll make is now that the Chiefs have made the playoffs, they need to take on the mindset that their objective now is to get to the Super Bowl & WIN IT !! This game against the Raiders this coming Sunday is not going to determine that. What happens in the post season does.

Think for a moment, and look at the players the Chiefs have that can make that objective come true. Cassel, Charles, Bowe, Derrick Johnson, Hali, Dorsey, etc. These guys could all really catch fire in the postseason ( especially Charles and we've seen that he can single-handedly take over a game against anyone, anywhere ) & I hardly think it's worth it to lose any key players to injury in a meaningless game.

Also, keep in mind, the Raiders pass rush is very good and if Cassel plays and throws the ball 25-30 times, he's bound to take some hard shots. Is it really worth the risk losing him & not having him in the post season, given what we saw happen in SD? NO WAY !!
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-27-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Good point brdempsey69....

The very worst possible scenario is we play our top guns, lose the game and maybe lose some starters to injury.

That would really really SUCK!

That said, as tornadospotter said....

[quote="tornadospotter"] It is raider week!
    I hate the raiders! In our house we need to stomp them!!

A

As much as Haley has pished me off with some of his "go for it on 4th" calls when a field goal was almost a sure thing, I'm going to ride this one out with whatever Haley decides to do.

He got us here. It's his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

...Could not have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Another point that I'll make is now that the Chiefs have made the playoffs, they need to take on the mindset that their objective now is to get to the Super Bowl & WIN IT !! This game against the Raiders this coming Sunday is not going to determine that. What happens in the post season does.

Think for a moment, and look at the players the Chiefs have that can make that objective come true. Cassel, Charles, Bowe, Derrick Johnson, Hali, Dorsey, etc. These guys could all really catch fire in the postseason ( especially Charles and we've seen that he can single-handedly take over a game against anyone, anywhere ) & I hardly think it's worth it to lose any key players to injury in a meaningless game.

Also, keep in mind, the Raiders pass rush is very good and if Cassel plays and throws the ball 25-30 times, he's bound to take some hard shots. Is it really worth the risk losing him & not having him in the post season, given what we saw happen in SD? NO WAY !!
    YEAH BUT, think of momentum as a locomotive running at 3/4 throttle, to ramp it up to full throttle requires just a little track, but when you throttle back to 1/4 and then later throw it to full ahead it takes alot of track and energy.
    not to mention if we can't beat the raderz at home we will NOT beat the jets. would you rather the jets look at the CHIEFS as the team that has not been beat in ARROWHEAD the toughest place to play in the nfl or huh the raderz beat 'em , their not so tuff at home??
    I say crush the raderz, stomp them into the ground , send the message to the jets no one beats us in our house, not this year!!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast