Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who owns the tiebreaker?

Default Who owns the tiebreaker?

Chiefs beat the Raiders and we end up11-5, if the Steelers lose they will be 11-5 also. Anyone know who would have the tiebreaker for the 2nd seed in the AFC??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I would say that it would be pittsburgh even with a loss next week it would be only four losses in the afc and we would have 5.

Pittsburg would. The Ravens also have 11 wins and would also have the tiebreaker against us. We can't get a bye no matter what happens.

the best we can finish is 3rd.

Then I hope we play the Jets
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

at home vs jets, ravens, or steelers on jan 8 or 9.

We do want to win the game vs. the Raiders to lock up the 3rd seed. If we lose and the Colts win, according to NFL tiebreaking procedures, we drop below them because we lost against them head-to-head.

Tie breaking procedures: NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

As much as I want the 3rd seed to face the Jets, who I think we can definitely beat, I remember that last game against the Raiders.

They injured a lot of our key players, which really killed us against the Broncos the following week. I say keep the boys in and get to a huge lead like we did against the Titans, then get everyone out of there.

Just pray no one gets hurt.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    As much as I want the 3rd seed to face the Jets, who I think we can definitely beat, I remember that last game against the Raiders.

They injured a lot of our key players, which really killed us against the Broncos the following week. I say keep the boys in and get to a huge lead like we did against the Titans, then get everyone out of there.

Just pray no one gets hurt.
    I think it is actually good for us to play the Raiders and beat a big physical team. We are going to have to do that go deep in the playoffs and I think this team is still learning. We aren't at the point to take games off...this team grows and gets better with every experience...

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I think it is actually good for us to play the Raiders and beat a big physical team. We are going to have to do that go deep in the playoffs and I think this team is still learning. We aren't at the point to take games off...this team grows and gets better with every experience...
    Absolutely correct IMO! We've all seen teams who have rested their starters the last game of the season in a seemingly "meaningless" contest to be sure they go into the playoffs rested and healthy only to stink it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast