Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eternal nothingness

Default eternal nothingness

I am pretty certain that I won't be "keeping" in the fantasy league. With my having missed the draft, there is no way to ever improve my team. Maybe after a couple of years.... But, that doesn't interest me.
    That league has nothing to offer me now. There is no such thing as a free-agent pickup. EVERYBODY is gone. There is nothing. The league is too deep with too many teams to recover within a decade of playing, from the draft. I imagine though, that if I drop the couple of starters that I have, then whoever is the low man on the totem pole, will have a chance at recovery. There is no relief in site for my team, might as well give some other worthless team newfound hope.

Default Re: eternal nothingness

I am a Cubs fan. I know how to accept a loser. (with a lot of griping and whining.) It takes great patience,(fit-throwing) and civil behavior.(snivelling and tears.)

I am pleased to manage my team.
    (for the next hour or so.)

P.S. If I can find a way to make each of my opponents forget to start a quarterback, then I could wind-up winning another game this season.

Default Re: eternal nothingness

This Topic seems to be the favorite target of spam. I have cleared spam off it three or four times now so I am going to lock it up for now.

Ok for all you "Crowd" members who may want to talk FF, I'm going to re-open this thread and see how it goes.

I haven't been hearing anything from Guru, lately. I wonder if our "keeper" league is going to be up and running, this season. Has anyone talked to him, lately?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I haven't been hearing anything from Guru, lately. I wonder if our "keeper" league is going to be up and running, this season. Has anyone talked to him, lately?

I have; we usually keep in touch a couple of times a week. He's been dealing with some personal issues here of late but I will ask him about our keeper league.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I have; we usually keep in touch a couple of times a week. He's been dealing with some personal issues here of late but I will ask him about our keeper league.
    I am still here. As Chiefster stated, things have been hectic for me of late and I have not been on the boards much. Also been going through football withdrawal too. I need to see it rather than just talk about it.

Anyway, to answer your question... Yes I am still planning on doing the keeper league. I need to get together everyones original draft rosters and compare them to the end of season rosters to see what changes were made.

I won't do much else until closer to August though.

EDIT

Also, you can still access your team at www.fleaflicker.com at anytime you need to.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I am still here. As Chiefster stated, things have been hectic for me of late and I have not been on the boards much. Also been going through football withdrawal too. I need to see it rather than just talk about it.

Anyway, to answer your question... Yes I am still planning on doing the keeper league. I need to get together everyones original draft rosters and compare them to the end of season rosters to see what changes were made.

I won't do much else until closer to August though.

EDIT

Also, you can still access your team at www.fleaflicker.com at anytime you need to.
    How 'bout that! Ask and ye shall recieve. Hope everything gets smoothed out, for ya, Guru.

Glad to hear about the league. Like my team, or not, I am a competitor, all the way. Nothing like the challenge of turning a loser, into a winner.

O.k. Guru, take care of things, we'll be seeing you, soon enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12