Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eternal nothingness

Default eternal nothingness

I am pretty certain that I won't be "keeping" in the fantasy league. With my having missed the draft, there is no way to ever improve my team. Maybe after a couple of years.... But, that doesn't interest me.
    That league has nothing to offer me now. There is no such thing as a free-agent pickup. EVERYBODY is gone. There is nothing. The league is too deep with too many teams to recover within a decade of playing, from the draft. I imagine though, that if I drop the couple of starters that I have, then whoever is the low man on the totem pole, will have a chance at recovery. There is no relief in site for my team, might as well give some other worthless team newfound hope.

Default Re: eternal nothingness

chief31 wrote:
    I am pretty certain that I won't be "keeping" in the fantasy league. With my having missed the draft, there is no way to ever improve my team. Maybe after a couple of years.... But, that doesn't interest me.
    That league has nothing to offer me now. There is no such thing as a free-agent pickup. EVERYBODY is gone. There is nothing. The league is too deep with too many teams to recover within a decade of playing, from the draft. I imagine though, that if I drop the couple of starters that I have, then whoever is the low man on the totem pole, will have a chance at recovery. There is no relief in site for my team, might as well give some other worthless team newfound hope.
    Hey don't lose heart. It's my first time out to and not doing very well either. There will be more hope for us next year. Stick around.

well, with the contract format, there really isn't any hope for next year. We will get to draft, but there won't be any starters to draft.

I went to pick-up Maurice Morris, Shaun Alexanders backup, He was drafted!!!! That is ridiculous.

chief31 wrote:
    I went to pick-up Maurice Morris, Shaun Alexanders backup, He was drafted!!!! That is ridiculous.
    There will eventually be some new blood out there that will be starters, just gotta be patient.

eventually means "years" Not next year, YEARS. This league is just way too deep. If a starter goes down, someone already has his backup.

I am not new to this at all. This league is just a dead-end.

chief31 wrote:
    I am not new to this at all. This league is just a dead-end.
    I don't view it as a dead end, rather then a project that one must be patient with. Kind of like an expansion team.

When teams contracts come to an end, you will have the opportunity to get those players. You will be surprised how many starters might only have 1 year contracts.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Stick with it; don't be a quitter!!!!

That is all. :-P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast