Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happens in SD on Sunday?

Default what happens in SD on Sunday?

well, the "horrible" line gave up only 1 sack (which was a coverage sack) against a pretty good Viking defense which featured a D-line that killed our run game. If run-blocking is the easy part of being an O-lineman, then they've handled themselves pretty well. After facing a pretty good Texans defense, a lengendary Bears defense and a Vikings defense that is currently ranked 3rd best against the run, i guess its just me, but it doesn't seem to be the offensive line.

you know what....the problem isn't Herm Edward either!...omg!! i know. y'all think i'm crazy.

But it really isn't. Herm has turned a defense that was the laughing stock of the NFL for the better part of the past decade and has turned it into what is currently a top 4 defense in the entire NFL...uh, for those who don't know...that's how the Bears started....that's how Dungy's first team started as well...remember those Bucs who went to the SB the year after Tony left? They did it with a poor offense too.

The Chiefs aren't THAT far off. The offense has performed well in the second half of the past 2 games. They probably should've beaten the Bears.

The problem with the team is what people were talkin about when Herm hired his coaching staff. Mike Solari isn't a very good OC. The talk about Solari before he got this job was that most O-line coaches turned OCs tend to use the run WAY too much. (sound familiar?) I think the only reason Solari was hired as the OC was because Herm didn't want to touch the offense. and for the most part, he hasn't.

He's traded away an over-the-hill QB, and lost 2 hall-of-fame linemen. He's tried to fill those spots. it's not like he's ignoring them like Vermiel ignored the defense. He's signed 3 FA OTs, drafted a QB, a few OL, a first round WR, a 4th rd. RB and a TE....again...all in the draft. in fact, he's drafted more offensive players than defensive. (7 OFF.-5 DEF.-1 ST)

If Solari can figure out a couple good pass plays he feels comfortable with other than flat passes and screens, the offense may start ticking. We saw flashes of what this offense can do toward the end in Chicago and in the 4th Q. last week.

Bowe is going to be a superstar but he's not our #1 WR right now. He doesn't completely know the packages, systems and all the plays yet. Rumors are Kennison will be back this week. We may see a little more down field throws. But, we're playin a really good defense again for the 4th week in a row. This SD team has lost 2 out of 3 and gets a division rival at home....

What happens? does SD turn into the 14-2 team of last season or does the KC offense realize how to move the ball again and play an identicle game to the one the Bears played against the Chargers?

MY guess: Either the Chiefs win close or the Chargers win in a blow out.

personally, I think a very upset SD team will show up in a BIG way this Sunday.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    well, the "horrible" line gave up only 1 sack (which was a coverage sack) against a pretty good Viking defense which featured a D-line that killed our run game. If run-blocking is the easy part of being an O-lineman, then they've handled themselves pretty well. After facing a pretty good Texans defense, a lengendary Bears defense and a Vikings defense that is currently ranked 3rd best against the run, i guess its just me, but it doesn't seem to be the offensive line.

you know what....the problem isn't Herm Edward either!...omg!! i know. y'all think i'm crazy.

But it really isn't. Herm has turned a defense that was the laughing stock of the NFL for the better part of the past decade and has turned it into what is currently a top 4 defense in the entire NFL...uh, for those who don't know...that's how the Bears started....that's how Dungy's first team started as well...remember those Bucs who went to the SB the year after Tony left? They did it with a poor offense too.

The Chiefs aren't THAT far off. The offense has performed well in the second half of the past 2 games. They probably should've beaten the Bears.

The problem with the team is what people were talkin about when Herm hired his coaching staff. Mike Solari isn't a very good OC. The talk about Solari before he got this job was that most O-line coaches turned OCs tend to use the run WAY too much. (sound familiar?) I think the only reason Solari was hired as the OC was because Herm didn't want to touch the offense. and for the most part, he hasn't.

He's traded away an over-the-hill QB, and lost 2 hall-of-fame linemen. He's tried to fill those spots. it's not like he's ignoring them like Vermiel ignored the defense. He's signed 3 FA OTs, drafted a QB, a few OL, a first round WR, a 4th rd. RB and a TE....again...all in the draft. in fact, he's drafted more offensive players than defensive. (7 OFF.-5 DEF.-1 ST)

If Solari can figure out a couple good pass plays he feels comfortable with other than flat passes and screens, the offense may start ticking. We saw flashes of what this offense can do toward the end in Chicago and in the 4th Q. last week.

Bowe is going to be a superstar but he's not our #1 WR right now. He doesn't completely know the packages, systems and all the plays yet. Rumors are Kennison will be back this week. We may see a little more down field throws. But, we're playin a really good defense again for the 4th week in a row. This SD team has lost 2 out of 3 and gets a division rival at home....

What happens? does SD turn into the 14-2 team of last season or does the KC offense realize how to move the ball again and play an identicle game to the one the Bears played against the Chargers?

I'm not in the mood right now. Maybe later.

Most SD/Chiefs games are decided by 3 points. Well, they're calling for 14 points to the Chargers on home field.
    This will be smash mouth football. We can't get burned by the big play.. easier said than done. The Chiefs are pulling their heads (Herman and Solari) out of their postieriors and may have learned to open things up after the second half against the Vikings.
    So, Bolt heads are in disaray and we may be hitting them at the right time to cause the upset of the week. Their mind set will be their undoing ... IF... we get the lead early....This team is ripe to implode... this will be a prize fight and if the Chiefs can rock the Bolt Heads psychy... WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I agree with this part.

Our defense is playing so well that I think the Dolts are in for another week of offensive frustration.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

my biggest fear is the chargers throwing screen passes to LT on tye laws side of the field, and law not being able to do anything about lt cause law is so freeking slow!

i hope chiefs open up with the passing game....even if it is some short passes to start with. anything but run on 1st and 2nd. ANYTHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    my biggest fear is the chargers throwing screen passes to LT on tye laws side of the field, and law not being able to do anything about lt cause law is so freeking slow!

i hope chiefs open up with the passing game....even if it is some short passes to start with. anything but run on 1st and 2nd. ANYTHING!!
    Good post!

Let's see if the Charges coaches paid attention in the second half last week, and don't stack the box with 8 or 9 men!

If they leave room for a running play we need to start out with a spread offense and then run a DRAW up the middle.

That is the only thing we can do right now if we run on 1st and 2nd down (don't act like it isn't gonna happen that way)!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post

Don't worry, Jared or Hali will be there to blow it up!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I would have to say that the Chiefs show up. They start the game. If they dont win they lose. I guess they may tie. After the game people talk about it on tv. LJ gets some yards if he plays. If one of the teams win there will be a score. Ohhh yah and if the Chiefs win the media says SD is that bad. If SD wins then well this wasnt a good test it was the Chiefs how could they lose.

Really though.. LJ +100 and Chiefs win.

GO Chiefs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast