Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric Berry Is The Man

Default Eric Berry Is The Man

He isn't a "shut down" safety yet, but boy can he play on the ball like a laser. How 'bout some props for the guy who's gonna pimp slap wide receivers for us the next 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Got to admit that I was not high on drafting him But he is starting the change my mind more and more. As the season has gone on he has gotten better that's all you can ask for from any rookie. Hope he is a chief for many years to come.
    Why were you not high on drafting Berry?

the rookie is balling it up. solid pick i dont care where he was taken

Eric Berry, has shown why he was pick, Kendrick Lewis has been a great plus. But biggest impact on the team? You have to add, DMC and Tony M in to this also.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    The reason I say I'm "more impressed" with Lewis is that you expect your first round pick not only that your top 5 pick to come in and have an immediate impact. That's why they're picked that high. With all the hype that was around Berry you might as well have handed him pro bowl the first year.

Lewis on the other had came in as a fifth rounder and everyone knows that at times fifth rounders sometimes don't make it out of camp. Not only did Lewis make it out of camp but he made the starting roster over a veteran. Because of that I'm more impressed with Lewis.

I love how Berry is playing but I expected that kind of play from him.

I agree with your assessment of what's needed but what do you think is the #1 need right now. To me it's fine to list off what's needed but what needs help the most? My thought is that Cassel is showing he's our QBotF so it's time to get him some more weapons to throw to. We've struggled at the line position but unless you're going for a left tackle great value can be found in the lower rounds. As for the defensive side of things I know we're not perfect but we've spent the past few years shoring that up. I don't know if there's any guys coming into free agency that could play that opposite side of Hali as well as he does or what. But I think defense comes second to offense when we get to the draft.

With that said how AWESOME is it that we're talking about meaningful football in late Dec/soon to be Jan and playoffs?!? Last year this time we'd been talking draft options for several months by now!
    what we need is easy...imho in this order....2nd wr, nose tackle, then rt. after that we just need to fill the roster with depth. thats all we really need.

We also need a backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm impressed by lewis, but I wouldn't say "more impressed". Lewis was great value in the 5th round, but Berry is the much better player. They are a great combo. It's funny what a defensive coordinator can do. Crennel has everyone playing well.
    I'm actually a big fan of OLB Andy Studebaker. Big time motor. He is going to be good IMO.

Biggest areas of need right now are WR2, RG, NT, LOLB, CB2
    Everyone was on berrys jock even before he was drafted and he's good but he's not even the best Lewis is just as good and no one even knew the guy existed. In my opinon berry has more athletic talent but Lewis is more consistent on coverage.

this past draft has to be the best draft choices in the NFL this year. wow, mostly every draft pick really impacted this team. now, with scott, i am excited for next years class.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Everyone was on berrys jock even before he was drafted and he's good but he's not even the best Lewis is just as good and no one even knew the guy existed. In my opinon berry has more athletic talent but Lewis is more consistent on coverage.
    Eric Berry is a better leader of the Defense than Lewis and Berry plays the run a lot better than Lewis so I'm not so sure u can say Lewis is as good as Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    this past draft has to be the best draft choices in the NFL this year. wow, mostly every draft pick really impacted this team. now, with scott, i am excited for next years class.
    Does anybody remember what Mel keiper said about the Chiefs draft this year?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast