Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eric Berry Is The Man

Default Eric Berry Is The Man

He isn't a "shut down" safety yet, but boy can he play on the ball like a laser. How 'bout some props for the guy who's gonna pimp slap wide receivers for us the next 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    No, I didn't. That play Campbell had forever to throw. Yeah Berry blew coverage. Kendrick Lewis almost ran backwards to avoid having to make contact with Michael bush.
    I'm trying to find a website that gives td's allowed can't find one but I know just a little over a month ago nobody had allowed more td's then Berry No safety has allowed more touchdowns than Eric Berry (six). Tyvon Branch (OAK) and Bernard Pollard... - Arrowhead Pride

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'm trying to find a website that gives td's allowed can't find one but I know just a little over a month ago nobody had allowed more td's then Berry No safety has allowed more touchdowns than Eric Berry (six). Tyvon Branch (OAK) and Bernard Pollard... - Arrowhead Pride

The difference- Branch has been in the NFL for 3 seasons, Pollard for 5, and they have each allowed only one less TD than the ROOKIE Eric Berry.

Whereas, Berry has 3 more int than the pair of them combined (They have 1 between the pair of them this season).

So let's see how many TDs that Berry is giving up after he's been in the NFL a few seasons. I bet his number comes down.

I'm sorry I thought it was teams that gave up TDS not a single player. There are 10 other guys who could have made plays besides berry on those plays. IT'S NOT ERIC BERRY GAVE UP A TD ITS THE CHIEFS DID.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    The difference- Branch has been in the NFL for 3 seasons, Pollard for 5, and they have each allowed only one less TD than the ROOKIE Eric Berry.

Whereas, Berry has 3 more int than the pair of them combined (They have 1 between the pair of them this season).

So let's see how many TDs that Berry is giving up after he's been in the NFL a few seasons. I bet his number comes down.
    This was all safeties including rookies and Berry gave up more td's then any of them.

This was all safeties including rookies and Berry gave up more td's then any of them.
    There is soooo much more to how well a ss plays then this, Every team is different is strength and weaknesses, therefore the roll of the Safty varies a lot, also how many tackles, and missed tackles has Berry had compared to these two?

Theres not a safty out there that hits harder and stops the ball carrier in his tracks better then the Berry mobile.

Strong saftey is a very hard position to compare because of the many different ways teams use them.

Its obvious you have no love for Berry, thats ok though,I still see you as a very big Chiefs fan. Plus I have enough Man Love for him, for the both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    There is soooo much more to how well a ss plays then this, Every team is different is strength and weaknesses, therefore the roll of the Safty varies a lot, also how many tackles, and missed tackles has Berry had compared to these two?

Theres not a safty out there that hits harder and stops the ball carrier in his tracks better then the Berry mobile.

Strong saftey is a very hard position to compare because of the many different ways teams use them.

Its obvious you have no love for Berry, thats ok though,I still see you as a very big Chiefs fan. Plus I have enough Man Love for him, for the both of us.
    I see good things in Berry the only thing I have a problem with is the hype around the man. I said Lewis is just as good and I get laughed at and I show proof and now I'm a hater. I think Berry will be a good SS I still don't think he was worth the pick but I can't change that. Your right he does hit hard but he needs to work on his coverage especially in the redzone.

I see good things in Berry the only thing I have a problem with is the hype around the man. I said Lewis is just as good and I get laughed at and I show proof and now I'm a hater. I think Berry will be a good SS I still don't think he was worth the pick but I can't change that. Your right he does hit hard but he needs to work on his coverage especially in the redzone.
    Your one of those people that think they are always right huh? As a rookie did Ronnie Lott ever blow a coverage? I mean Berry has lived up to all the hype IMO. He is second on the team with tackles as a rookie he has stayed healthy he has leadership skills. He is a beast and your a for saying you dont understand all the hype with Berry

We will not know how good Eric Berry is, and how good the draft pick for him was, for at least 2 more seasons. Yes he is a great pick choice in this day and season. But he is no where yet proven. To make it in the NFL, takes much more than a rookie season. As with all things, time will tell the story.

Well Berry just won NFL Rookie of the Month for Dec/Jan. The first Chief to EVER win a rookie of the month award!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Well Berry just won NFL Rookie of the Month for Dec/Jan. The first Chief to EVER win a rookie of the month award!
    I would think thats him living up to his hype dont you?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345