Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric Berry Is The Man

Default Eric Berry Is The Man

He isn't a "shut down" safety yet, but boy can he play on the ball like a laser. How 'bout some props for the guy who's gonna pimp slap wide receivers for us the next 12 years?

Alot of people didnt like Berry as our pick. I would have preferred a Tackle BUT after we picked up Berry there was just no way this guy could be a bust. And to be honest a first year safety no matter where he is taken in the draft is not supposed to have the type of impact that he has had already. He is a sure tackler, a hard hitter, and has what 4 interceptions? And has also shown some great run back ability, that touchdown vs Tenn was the best KC play this year. The only thing he needs to improve on is his reading of the field in order to provide necessary help over the top BUT lets face it that will come with experience. GO CHIEFS

Berry for DROY!

85 tackles, 2 sacks, a forced fumble, 13 passes defensed, and 4 picks one of which went to the house!

One game to go too.. id like to see a pick 6 and a sack to seal it :P

I'm much more impressed by Kendrick Lewis. Berry was the fifth pick overall, Lewis was drafted in the fifth round and is just as good as berry if not better. Also Lewis would have 4 int if he didn't get robbed by the refs on that shaun smith call what BS.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'm much more impressed by Kendrick Lewis. Berry was the fifth pick overall, Lewis was drafted in the fifth round and is just as good as berry if not better. Also Lewis would have 4 int if he didn't get robbed by the refs on that shaun smith call what BS.
    I have to admit I'm much more impressed by Lewis as well. It seemed apparent to me that when he was out we were worse off for it. Like you said he's a GREAT 5th round find and if Lewis and Berry continue to play the way they have been with Flowers as lock down as he is...dang. At that point we just need someone to step in and get mentored/share plays with Vrabel and I'd say we're set!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I have to admit I'm much more impressed by Lewis as well. It seemed apparent to me that when he was out we were worse off for it. Like you said he's a GREAT 5th round find and if Lewis and Berry continue to play the way they have been with Flowers as lock down as he is...dang. At that point we just need someone to step in and get mentored/share plays with Vrabel and I'd say we're set!
    I am very impressed by Lewis but for Berry to come in as a rookie and become the leader of the Defense that is very huge. IMO Berry has more affect on this defense because of his leadership, but it doesn't matter because the two of them playing together is freakin awesome! Give it another year or two and nobody is going to beable to throw the football on us

I'm impressed by lewis, but I wouldn't say "more impressed". Lewis was great value in the 5th round, but Berry is the much better player. They are a great combo. It's funny what a defensive coordinator can do. Crennel has everyone playing well.
    I'm actually a big fan of OLB Andy Studebaker. Big time motor. He is going to be good IMO.

Biggest areas of need right now are WR2, RG, NT, LOLB, CB2
    Last edited by Coach; 12-28-2010 at 11:47 AM.

I agree that both have shored up our safety position. The two positions are so different though (free vs. strong). In my opinion the skillset required to play strong safety is much more difficult to find. It's essentially a guy capable of playing LB or CB depending on the situation. Berry has done an excellent job of that.

Kendrick Lewis is a very smart, fast player. Our secondary is going to be one of the best in the league for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm impressed by lewis, but I wouldn't say "more impressed". Lewis was great value in the 5th round, but Berry is the much better player. They are a great combo. It's funny what a defensive coordinator can do. Crennel has everyone playing well.
    I'm actually a big fan of OLB Andy Studebaker. Big time motor. He is going to be good IMO.

Biggest areas of need right now are WR2, RG, NT, LOLB, CB2
    The reason I say I'm "more impressed" with Lewis is that you expect your first round pick not only that your top 5 pick to come in and have an immediate impact. That's why they're picked that high. With all the hype that was around Berry you might as well have handed him pro bowl the first year.

Lewis on the other had came in as a fifth rounder and everyone knows that at times fifth rounders sometimes don't make it out of camp. Not only did Lewis make it out of camp but he made the starting roster over a veteran. Because of that I'm more impressed with Lewis.

I love how Berry is playing but I expected that kind of play from him.

I agree with your assessment of what's needed but what do you think is the #1 need right now. To me it's fine to list off what's needed but what needs help the most? My thought is that Cassel is showing he's our QBotF so it's time to get him some more weapons to throw to. We've struggled at the line position but unless you're going for a left tackle great value can be found in the lower rounds. As for the defensive side of things I know we're not perfect but we've spent the past few years shoring that up. I don't know if there's any guys coming into free agency that could play that opposite side of Hali as well as he does or what. But I think defense comes second to offense when we get to the draft.

With that said how AWESOME is it that we're talking about meaningful football in late Dec/soon to be Jan and playoffs?!? Last year this time we'd been talking draft options for several months by now!
    Last edited by OPLookn; 12-28-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Got to admit that I was not high on drafting him But he is starting the change my mind more and more. As the season has gone on he has gotten better that's all you can ask for from any rookie. Hope he is a chief for many years to come.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast